Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, regarding this issue. I tried all the recommended methods. Still no use.
Some kind bros pm me some links , i tried the methods in those links. But my camera issue still persist.

Just went to plaza sing samsung service centre. The counter person brought my phone to the technician to check. They said my main camera sometimes can focus, sometimes cannot focus. Sometimes when the camera focus, it will become blur in a few seconds.

They took in my phone and said it will fake 2-3 days for it be repaired.
Hi guys, collected my phone from samsung. The person said that they replaced the main camera. Now the main camera is very sharp :love:

Also the person said they replaced the back cover also. The phone look so new:

20211011-141538.jpg

I asked on why they replaced the new back cover? The person said prob the back cover got damaged or paint peeled off when they remove it. So they replaced for me a new back cover :eek:

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need help on 2 things

1. I realise when I m using the phone and a WhatsApp msg comes in, it does not vibrate or show the msg, all I get is the WhatsApp icon on the status bar on top. Anyway to change this?

2. Anyway to turn on a black status bar on top so that I dun see the round front camera?

Many thanks.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need help on 2 things

1. I realise when I m using the phone and a WhatsApp msg comes in, it does not vibrate or show the msg, all I get is the WhatsApp icon on the status bar on top. Anyway to change this?

2. Anyway to turn on a black status bar on top so that I dun see the round front camera?

Many thanks.
1. check your whatsapp app notification settings "vibration" default? if so check your phone vibration settings under "sounds and vibration" also check your notification setup on whatsapp make sure it is all enabled....
2. s20 can hide at full screen mode ... thinking maybe s21 dont have this function

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. check your whatsapp app notification settings "vibration" default? if so check your phone vibration settings under "sounds and vibration" also check your notification setup on whatsapp make sure it is all enabled....
2. s20 can hide at full screen mode ... thinking maybe s21 dont have this function
Thanks for reply. Yes hv checked what u mentioned on WhatsApp. Notifications work fine when phone is locked. The problem is when I m using it, say reading hwz, then there's no vibration or msg displaying.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Yes hv checked what u mentioned on WhatsApp. Notifications work fine when phone is locked. The problem is when I m using it, say reading hwz, then there's no vibration or msg displaying.
are you using whatsapp web? you wont get alert if it is on ...

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using WhatsApp app.
On the other note. :unsure:

If your WhatsApp PC app/web is active. The notification would come to the PC app/web first and most of the time, your phone would get the notification 1 minute late or totally no notification at all! :censored:

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the other note. :unsure:

If your WhatsApp PC app/web is active. The notification would come to the PC app/web first and most of the time, your phone would get the notification 1 minute late or totally no notification at all! :censored:
No leh I dun use PC version at all.

I m not sure whats changed but I just did a test with wife and its working normally liao. IE, msg flashed with vibration even when my screen is on.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Anyone subscribed to prime videos? How come it doesn't play video on 4k although the video has it? (Man at the high castle)

Reaction score
Hi guys, collected my phone from samsung. The person said that they replaced the main camera. Now the main camera is very sharp :love:

Also the person said they replaced the back cover also. The phone look so new:

20211011-141538.jpg

I asked on why they replaced the new back cover? The person said prob the back cover got damaged or paint peeled off when they remove it. So they replaced for me a new back cover :eek:
That's excellent customer service!

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a good time to get S21+ now or should I wait it out?

The street price for brand new S21 series has been very stable at that so called maximum-low price for months.

Do not expect it to drop any further.

So, it cannot be called a good time or bad time to get one now.

Just get the S21 Plus now if you want and like it. Don't wait until S22 pops up next Frebuary leh.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
DXOMARK ranked the S21 plus quite low among the flagships.
Was it an accurate assessment of its quality especially the camera?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DXOMARK ranked the S21 plus quite low among the flagships.
Was it an accurate assessment of its quality especially the camera?

That's correct! If you want a high end camera. You get the S21 Ultra!

If you are not crazy about top notch photo quality! Then, S21 Plus is the best! Having said that! S21 Plus/S21 camera is already quite damn not bad! :oops: . Of coz, if you want a damn good photo, S21 Ultra then! It all depend on your priority!

As for S21 Mini at 6.2" . Personally, it is too tiny for full enjoyment of rich media on a mobile phone nowadays!

red line

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's correct! If you want a high end camera. You get the S21 Ultra!

If you are not crazy about top notch photo quality! Then, S21 Plus is the best! Having said that! S21 Plus/S21 camera is already quite damn not bad! :oops: . Of coz, if you want a damn good photo, S21 Ultra then! It all depend on your priority!

As for S21 Mini at 6.2" . Personally, it is too tiny for full enjoyment of rich media on a mobile phone nowadays!
I prefer samsung s21 perfect size for me.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.