Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

StationA

Reaction score
Placed an order for the S22 Ultra. Traded in my old S20+. Keeping my S21 Ultra for the moment.

$566 ($366 + $200 additional promo) off for the S20+.

Would have gotten $1055 trade-in value for the S21 Ultra. So reluctant to give it up...been using it for only 8 months!

b69ZNVw.jpg

eUDA0af.jpg
actually if not 3D game player, s21U still as good as s22U: similar battery life even after almost 1 year(because s22U only 80-90% battery performance compare to S21U), screen/camera all similar.

zensushi

Reaction score
actually if not 3D game player, s21U still as good as s22U: similar battery life even after almost 1 year(because s22U only 80-90% battery performance compare to S21U), screen/camera all similar.

Likely to gift the S22 Ultra to my better half. She was concerned that her S21 Ultra's storage space was running low. She's on the 256 GB model & was always using the flagship Galaxy Note phones before (enjoys the stylus).

Last edited:

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a new s21u but can't get main camera (1x to 2.9x) to focus unless i lightly hit the phone. Anyone with such issues?
I just repaired my phone at the Samsung service centre.now it is working fine.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Faster and smoother UI/operations! :whistle:

The camera app....quite noticeable! :whistle:

Also, you can now choose 2 or 4 or 6 or 8GB of RAMPlus! :whistle:
Feels like the same to me though. Not much diff between v4 n v4.1

haikallp

Reaction score
Updated to One UI 4.1 No ringtone vibration sync and extra brightness feature. No difference to Samsung Pass leh.

summers

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you know which firmware I can download that has stock firmware? I don't want the pre-installed carrier apps (I'm on circles but it has M1 customisations). Or will just SG firmware on sammobile do?

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Doing that will wipe your phone. You sure?
Do you know which firmware I can download that has stock firmware? I don't want the pre-installed carrier apps (I'm on circles but it has M1 customisations). Or will just SG firmware on sammobile do?

summers

Master Member
Reaction score
Doing that will wipe your phone. You sure?
Yes, I have this habit of wanting to keep my things as 'stock' as possible. :) I'd appreciate it if you can point me to a firmware that is 'stock' (at least no carrier customizations), if there is any. Thanks!

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
No need I think. Just change your CSC to XSP will do. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

kilser

Reaction score
anyone know whether the new ONE UI 4.1 solves the dual sim card issue in the S21?
Thank you.

vodka_supernova

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that after the recent update, 3rd party apps don't show up on the 'recent apps' page anymore? Damn annoying.....

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Did any bros here here purchased the used set from upsystem from Qoo10 before?

aikishi86

Reaction score
Flashed DBT CVD2... encountered network dropping. cleared cache and it's back to normal.

Otherwise this build is quite stable.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did any bros here here purchased the used set from upsystem from Qoo10 before?
i think not much of a point there? cause need to pay GST as well since it's over S$400. if phone DOA, the return process will be a hassle too. Also korea is single sim only? at that price might as well hunt for used local set for better compatibility (samsung pay)?

CasH

Reaction score
hi everyone , is there anyone providing firmware flash service? im not too good in these, my aim is to flash it to one which can use the samsung inbuilt call recorder. or can anyone point me in the direction to do some reading on these?

thanks in advnace.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.