Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

rawtuna

Reaction score
Just found this...

"NSA relies on the 4G network facilities to provide more speed and higher data bandwidth. A 5G-enabled smartphone will connect to a 5G or 4G network depending on conditions.

On the other hand, SA is the true 5G network, where the 5G network has its dedicated 5G facilities to provide enormous speed improvements and minimal network latency (delay). The 5G SA network is independent of the 4G network.

NSA makes it easier for network operators to deploy a 5G network as it can reuse the current 4G facilities. Whereas, SA involves a 5G core which can deliver a super-fast and flexible network, ultra-low latency, thus reducing operational costs.

When a mobile device supports both of these networks, it is called a Dual Mode 5G supported device."

So our S21U is a Dual Mode device and my SIM card is a NSA type.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just edited my Singtel APN settings to include MMS settings and added IPv6 to APN protocol, now indoor it shows LTE in mobile data network type.

Is this right?
Lte means you are on 4g now. Seems more normal. By right 5g no coverage indoors or at limited outdoor locations. Better check with Singtel if your area is covered by 5g.

rawtuna

Reaction score
Lte means you are on 4g now. Seems more normal. By right 5g no coverage indoors or at limited outdoor locations. Better check with Singtel if your area is covered by 5g.
Yes you are right. I just chat with Singtel, they said my mobile data network type is 5G NSA, so i will expect to see it change from UMTS <> LTE <> NR NSA.

Their 5G SA has not deployed island wide, only selected areas/hotspots.

rawtuna

Reaction score
Any bros here can advise if your S21 comes with Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard and Phone Clone app by default?

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros here can advise if your S21 comes with Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard and Phone Clone app by default?
MS swiftkey is installed by default been using it, dont know phone clone app .. i use secure folder for apps i need to clone

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MS SwiftKey for me too! I have been using it on many phones since it was launched! :)

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better wait and see after all I am not so rush into it, after all our current firmware is good enough unless
got plenty free time to play around. I rather go for a stable firmware than caught surprise something not
right..:)
Me too! I have got no ball to try! :D

wlyeoh1

Reaction score
my gboard will keep shifting it language to chinese. although my default is english.
anyone have this issue as well?

and how to optimize better battery life? my 21ultra will reaches around 15% by end of day.

mu11

Reaction score
Anyone facing auto focus issues with their s21 ultra camera? Recently the 1x zoom is taking blurry shots. Went to Google and seems like quite a number are facing this. Workaround is to shake the phone abit and it works. Seems to be a hardware issue.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my gboard will keep shifting it language to chinese. although my default is english.
anyone have this issue as well?

and how to optimize better battery life? my 21ultra will reaches around 15% by end of day.
battery is depends on personal usage ,, hard to tell, check the battery usage stats to determine what causes the high usage

Last edited:

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Recently I mounted my S21+ on the car holder in front of the air con vent. After a while I noticed that the INSIDE of my camera lens got condensation from the air con blowing on it.

The condensation goes away by itself after a while but this gets me concerned - does this mean my phone is no longer waterproof? If condensation can get inside means there is a leak?

Anyone experienced the same thing?

rawtuna

Reaction score
Recently I mounted my S21+ on the car holder in front of the air con vent. After a while I noticed that the INSIDE of my camera lens got condensation from the air con blowing on it.

The condensation goes away by itself after a while but this gets me concerned - does this mean my phone is no longer waterproof? If condensation can get inside means there is a leak?

Do this experiment...

Place a waterproof bottle in front of your car aircon vent, after a prolong period condensation will start to appear inside the sealed bottle. Does that mean the waterproof bottle got leak?

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score

Since the phone is already blocking that aircon vent, close that vent?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.