Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

StationA

Reaction score
Ya! Snappier for sure! If you set the Battery to "Maximum" from the default "Optimized"! It is even snappier for all apps. :whistle:

I set it to "Maximum"! :)
set it to Maximum 10 hours ago, just meet the very first crash and reboot ever since I got the phone when use Alipay o_O not sure if its because Android 12 or the Maximum

username03

Reaction score
Anybody got issues with starhub 5g network? Seems like random dropping of the whole mobile network, without any Internet at all or even sometimes phone calls. Especially when moving around SG. I'm not saying from 5g drop to 4g. I mean it totally cuts of Internet with no data or even sometimes drop network.

If set to 4g lte only, no issues, stable connection.

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody got issues with starhub 5g network? Seems like random dropping of the whole mobile network, without any Internet at all or even sometimes phone calls. Especially when moving around SG. I'm not saying from 5g drop to 4g. I mean it totally cuts of Internet with no data or even sometimes drop network.

Wa i thought I'm the only person experiencing this problem these few days. But I'm on Singtel. I been reading around seeing anybody report this problem or not. I have to disable my 5G.

username03

Reaction score
Wa i thought I'm the only person experiencing this problem these few days. But I'm on Singtel. I been reading around seeing anybody report this problem or not. I have to disable my 5G.
Do you also have issues when set to 5G like:

1. Mobile data goes off totally but phone network still available, able to make phone calls.
2. Everything goes offline including normal voice call unable to make.

Have these issues above? I'm on starhub.

Have to turn off mobile data or turn on airplane mode on and off to make everything work again.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
set it to Maximum 10 hours ago, just meet the very first crash and reboot ever since I got the phone when use Alipay o_O not sure if its because Android 12 or the Maximum
Not too sure if it was due to Maximum! :unsure: I don't use Alipay and I don't play games with my S21+! :unsure:

You probably wanna set it back to just "High"... 🤭

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm on M1 5G SA!

Same same lah! 🤭 At those so called "border" areas between 4G and 5G. My mobile data can get stuck and lost totally too since day one! :sneaky:

Same like you all! I have to switch to 4G in order to recover my mobile data connection! :sick:

username03

Reaction score
I'm on M1 5G SA!

Same same lah! 🤭 At those so called "border" areas between 4G and 5G. My mobile data can get stuck and lost totally too since day one! :sneaky:

Same like you all! I have to switch to 4G in order to recover my mobile data connection! :sick:
So better to just fix at 4g lte instead.

Else sometimes the data goes offline totally without any auto reconnect actions from the phone. Have to manual off data and turn on...

The 5g blind spots are almost everywhere. Sometimes it just drops the 5g and auto link to 4g, sometimes it goes totally off without any data tilll you manual off and on data. Sometimes it even cuts off your phone network totally.

Im not alone!

Seems like iPhone users don't have such problems 😂

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I have this same exact problem.
So annoying. But I find this is reduced when setting to WiFi calling to off.

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm on M1 5G SA!

Oh. Then can u explain why previously was ok?

aikishi86

Reaction score
I set the maximum and let it run for a day already, the only thing i experienced was that i can feel the warmness from the phone. Otherwise still ok for me. Odined with germany version of Android 12 while using home_csc

aikishi86

Reaction score

It's normal as it was switching antenna from area to area. I'm on M1 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and Singtel 5G on my S21 Ultra.

StationA

Reaction score
Not too sure if it was due to Maximum! :unsure: I don't use Alipay and I don't play games with my S21+! :unsure:

You probably wanna set it back to just "High"... 🤭
Can confirm it's Alipay not compatible with Android 12. tested that it will also reboot if set to Optimized and use Alipay

username03

Reaction score
It's normal as it was switching antenna from area to area. I'm on M1 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and Singtel 5G on my S21 Ultra.
Switching I know, but sometimes it didnt switch successfully and it either not have mobile data till i manual off and on mobile data, or drops all network for a short frame.

iPhone seem to have stronger network and seamless switching right?

aikishi86

Reaction score
Switching I know, but sometimes it didnt switch successfully and it either not have mobile data till i manual off and on mobile data, or drops all network for a short frame.

iPhone seem to have stronger network and seamless switching right?
Hmmm, i guess it's still the same. Maybe M1 5G network which i'm using for my iphone 12 pro max is not good yet because I didn't encounter this issue yet on my S21 Ultra. Seem like Singtel 5G coverage almost everywhere for me.

Anyway i was at apple store orchard to repair something about 3 weeks back, I had a chat with the staff there. He told me that got people brought in their iphone for the issue you described. They also concluded that it's the antenna switching. He suggest to use 5G in City or Town areas while switch to 4G whenever you leave. Otherwise you will have to set the phone to airplane mode then on again for it to correctly connect to the network antenna.

Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get the same issue also! Using Singtel. Been experiencing this since two updates ago so wasn't sure whether it's a network issue or firmware problem. Maybe we need more of that legendary modem tuning? LOL

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 thing for sure is it's not what border this border that. Everything is fine until recently. I sengkang punggol orchard and cbd consistently keeps having the problem every few minutes. 5g icon shows connected but actually the data dropped already.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read in samsung community, a lot says it's after the latest fw updates.
Could also be carrier services on Google store. Cause I noticed it doing that after updating it at one point. I could be wrong though but try switching off WiFi calling. It seems to reduce alot more doing that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.