Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

aikishi86

Reaction score
Coincidence I guess.

I have that problem since the day I was on 5G SA...
Actually i dont have this issue on my iPhone which is on M1 5G though eventhough the staff at apple store say some people brought in their newly purchase iphone 13 for this issue. But i still think it should be the fw/sw

Last edited:

username03

Reaction score
Trying out 5g, turned off WiFi calling. See if got any improvements.

I have a vpn, so I'll know if the 5g or whole phone network connection drops as the connection time will show how long I've been connected to the vpn. Let's see...

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Those using Frija, can ask how come I can't find my firmware to download?
- S21U, Model G998B/DS, OXM

Is it because I'm on OXM and not XSP thus is unable to detect say Germany version?

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those using Frija, can ask how come I can't find my firmware to download?
- S21U, Model G998B/DS, OXM

Is it because I'm on OXM and not XSP thus is unable to detect say Germany version?
I think Germany is DBT for CSC but is also group into the mega OXM.
OXM, the subset of OXM is those induvial countries CSC.

Recommended to wait for the second build in Dec, Samsung firmware for major update is usually not as stable for first build which is currently Nov.

aikishi86

Reaction score
Trying out 5g, turned off WiFi calling. See if got any improvements.

I have a vpn, so I'll know if the 5g or whole phone network connection drops as the connection time will show how long I've been connected to the vpn. Let's see...
So how was it?

Today i'm back in office again and was chatting on the phone when the network switch from 4G to 5G at MCE into Tanjong Pagar. it was ok, without any drop and it was a whatsapp call that requires data. it seem to be intermittent anyway.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I think Germany is DBT for CSC but is also group into the mega OXM.
OXM, the subset of OXM is those induvial countries CSC.

Recommended to wait for the second build in Dec, Samsung firmware for major update is usually not as stable for first build which is currently Nov.

So a normal Singtel OXM can still flash to this DBT without data loss as long as I choose home csc?

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One UI 4 schedule on Samsung Members app says S21 series is Dec 2021
if true for SG then local official android 12 will be based the second build which is consider very fast already compared to last time.

username03

Reaction score
So how was it?

Today i'm back in office again and was chatting on the phone when the network switch from 4G to 5G at MCE into Tanjong Pagar. it was ok, without any drop and it was a whatsapp call that requires data. it seem to be intermittent anyway.
Same... It drops the whole connection randomly instead of changing to lte or 4g etc... My vpn connection time tells me that because it reconnects when out of network etc.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
ok managed to flash successfully to Android 12 using Malaysia rom.
but strangely unable to get into boot loader mode even when I tried with the USB->PC method.

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a new carrier services update today. Update liao problem still persist. Looks like confirm it's the latest fw causing it.

zensushi

Reaction score
Anyone has issues on tapping on the SafeEntry scanners? In the past week, couldn't get the phone to beep. Is it a Bluetooth/phone issue or the TraceTogether app issue?

I'm on the S21 Ultra.

Sd6yXJp.png

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has issues on tapping on the SafeEntry scanners? In the past week, couldn't get the phone to beep. Is it a Bluetooth/phone issue or the TraceTogether app issue?

I'm on the S21 Ultra.

Sd6yXJp.png
sometime is the scanner machine some time is the bluetooth.. few times i off/on my BT on my phone and it works

aikishi86

Reaction score

I'm on the S21 Ultra.

Sd6yXJp.png

Either exit out from the app and open again or off/on BT.. it will work. This is the app problem itself not the phone, this happened on my iphone as well as S21 Ultra. That's why i don't bother to scan liao, just scan the QR code, show the swimming otter and continue my way in

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a new carrier services update today. Update liao problem still persist. Looks like confirm it's the latest fw causing it.

Told you all already...It is the problem of our telco 5G issues...Hehe! 😬

M1 technical guy also told me the same thing after I logged a complaint to M1....😬

May be "I still don't understand..."! 😬

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.