Samsung Galaxy S22 series accessories: Let's Discuss

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw on shopee as well. Heard is cheong 1 leh. Some reviews kena overheating.
Buyer beware, best to always check buyer reviews before committing to it. That's also why I didn't post link here.

There's quite a few different sellers, I just pick the one with lesser negative feedbacks and try for fun :LOL:

So far no issues :D

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok.. many people have recommended May/Blazing @ Far East Plaza for her $20 glass SP..
BUT.. nobody seemed to have described her application process!

So here it is... (read the whole thing before you think I'm going full-on flaming)

It was quite a huge mess for me. She wasted 2 pieces of glass before getting the 3rd application right. That's ok, as she's aiming for perfection. However, her process is not organized. She dumps 2-3 vials of LOCA in a horizontal fashion, having 8-10 bubbles lie on the screen. After dropping the glass on it, she starts pressing the LOCA so that it spreads quick, kinds like rushing the process. She also put emphasis on the FP area and that's good.

As the LOCA spreads, she uses a a combination of a cloth and empty vials to capture the overflowed LOCA. There was quite a bit of overflow, with no care if it enters any holes or buttons. She also uses a handheld UV torch (single LED) to randomly go round the glass. Once the application is done, she puts the phone in a tray with an overhead UV array for about 7mins.

I also got my son's Note10+ done and that went much smoothly with single glass used.

So the outcome:
I had glue stuck in my top speaker and told her if she can get it out. She used a razor for this (!). I just had to trust her here. It got out. Next day (yesterday), I realized my power button got all mushy. Not clicky and no tactile feel. Was pretty upset and I was out the whole day. So earlier just now, I used a cotton bud and tried to flood the slit between the button and frame with IPA. Also used a piece of paper to try and slide out whatever leftover junk I can find. Apparently the volume buttons were a little dirty too.

Now, the tactile feel is back 100% and click sound about 50%. Not sure how loud the click sound supposed to be but its softer than my volume buttons. I'm good here for now as tactile feel is there and I use the double-press a lot of the time.

FP sensor works like 95%-100% for me. Pretty impressed with that. Overall I feel this is very similar to OKONZ which I'm familiar with. OKONZ guy doesn't show you how he does it but it's always quick and mess-free.
Again, no doubt she lives up to her reputation here, provided you don't encounter any issues or go through multiple installation tries. I May go back in future (pun intended) but I'll get her to tape up the holes and buttons. Just sharing my experience as a heads up.

Cheers.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok.. many people have recommended May/Blazing @ Far East Plaza for her $20 glass SP..
BUT.. nobody seemed to have described her application process!

So here it is... (read the whole thing before you think I'm going full-on flaming)

It was quite a huge mess for me. She wasted 2 pieces of glass before getting the 3rd application right. That's ok, as she's aiming for perfection. However, her process is not organized. She dumps 2-3 vials of LOCA in a horizontal fashion, having 8-10 bubbles lie on the screen. After dropping the glass on it, she starts pressing the LOCA so that it spreads quick, kinds like rushing the process. She also put emphasis on the FP area and that's good.

As the LOCA spreads, she uses a a combination of a cloth and empty vials to capture the overflowed LOCA. There was quite a bit of overflow, with no care if it enters any holes or buttons. She also uses a handheld UV torch (single LED) to randomly go round the glass. Once the application is done, she puts the phone in a tray with an overhead UV array for about 7mins.

I also got my son's Note10+ done and that went much smoothly with single glass used.

So the outcome:
I had glue stuck in my top speaker and told her if she can get it out. She used a razor for this (!). I just had to trust her here. It got out. Next day (yesterday), I realized my power button got all mushy. Not clicky and no tactile feel. Was pretty upset and I was out the whole day. So earlier just now, I used a cotton bud and tried to flood the slit between the button and frame with IPA. Also used a piece of paper to try and slide out whatever leftover junk I can find. Apparently the volume buttons were a little dirty too.

Now, the tactile feel is back 100% and click sound about 50%. Not sure how loud the click sound supposed to be but its softer than my volume buttons. I'm good here for now as tactile feel is there and I use the double-press a lot of the time.

FP sensor works like 95%-100% for me. Pretty impressed with that. Overall I feel this is very similar to OKONZ which I'm familiar with. OKONZ guy doesn't show you how he does it but it's always quick and mess-free.
Again, no doubt she lives up to her reputation here, provided you don't encounter any issues or go through multiple installation tries. I May go back in future (pun intended) but I'll get her to tape up the holes and buttons. Just sharing my experience as a heads up.

Cheers.
Yeah the way she install glass SP is like maximum efficiency style. She did my wife iPhone one, five seconds only lol

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Took a while from Amazon but its finally here. Waited for 2 months for this to arrive.
uUM2yAL.jpeg
Wa..why urs take 2 mths? I also ordered from amazon sg, take ard 10 days to ship from US,Not so bad consider got holiday. Anyway the SP is good, but the application abit tricky, screwed up the 1st pc but luckily 2nd application went smoothly, Lets see how long this one will last.

fatesealer

Reaction score
Wa..why urs take 2 mths? I also ordered from amazon sg, take ard 10 days to ship from US,Not so bad consider got holiday. Anyway the SP is good, but the application abit tricky, screwed up the 1st pc but luckily 2nd application went smoothly, Lets see how long this one will last.
I ordered it back in March. Estimated date was June but it came in May, so no complaint here. Like you, I screwed up the 1st piece too. Went well with the 2nd piece and hopefully can last at least for a year.

micshang

Reaction score
Took a while from Amazon but its finally here. Waited for 2 months for this to arrive.
uUM2yAL.jpeg
Hi, this is like the original plastic flim? Not the hydrogel kind correct?
Is there any opening for the front cam? How is it so far after installation? TIA

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is like the original plastic flim? Not the hydrogel kind correct?
Is there any opening for the front cam? How is it so far after installation? TIA
Yes, plastic flim not the hydrogel kind. There is a opening for front cam and after installation, i find that it is the perfect SP so far. Smooth and FP scanner work perfectly.

micshang

Reaction score
Yes, plastic flim not the hydrogel kind. There is a opening for front cam and after installation, i find that it is the perfect SP so far. Smooth and FP scanner work perfectly.
Thank u very much for your review! Will proceed to make purchase.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly its disgusting to use a yellowish Spigen Hybrid case for my S22U. Is even more obvious with a white phone. Threw it away outside casefactorie bin today. When it was 2 weeks old, it started turning yellow. Kept using it for almost 2 months and is like someone pouring tumeric powder over it.

Now on WSD scope casing. The gap between wsd glass and the side lips are quite big lol. The side buttons are nice to depress. The grips on both sides are very grippy for me.

Hope this will be the casing that will last a bit longer.

Last edited:

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the one i bought from samsung online shop has different box texture than yours...
I think this one is the older model that was released during Samsung galaxy S20 ultra era? My cable is 1m only.

The new model comes with 1.8m long cable.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly its disgusting to use a yellowish Spigen Hybrid case for my S22U. Is even more obvious with a white phone. Threw it away outside casefactorie bin today. When it was 2 weeks old, it started turning yellow. Kept using it for almost 2 months and is like someone pouring tumeric powder over it.

Now on WSD scope casing. The gap between wsd glass and the side lips are quite big lol. The side buttons are nice to depress. The grips on both sides are very grippy for me.

Hope this will be the casing that will last a bit longer.
Any pics?

My spigen turned yellow after a few days lol. I mean not noticeable at first except at certain angle but you can tell it's yellow

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Uag Plyo Crystal turning yellowish within weeks, all the time indoor only. such an expensive pos

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WSD seem to have new subtle diff in the cut out area for front facing cam. FPS seem to work very well as compared to when it first launch

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You just change new wsd? Oh improve version..
Yea...cuz the usual corner cracked issue came up...changed to zeelot sp but bth the black border and alignment issue with the front cam...so gave WSD another chance. Didn't reregister my fingerprint after new install and all seem good..not sure if I'm thinking too much but the glass seem thinner

ipporek

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as the fingerprint sensor working better/worse depending on the time of the day? I realized mine is horrible in the morning, but almost 100% from noon onwards. I at first thought is the TP, but how come like so consistent morning bad noon good de.

hellhole

Reaction score
long thread this...
just got my S22 ultra...

any brand of screen protector that covers well.. the one from samsung tat i not is not good.. some more the guy stick it a bit off now cover half the front camera.. hahaha...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.