Samsung Galaxy S22 series: News and Discussions (LOCAL SET USING SNAPDRAGON)

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's something seriously wrong with the S22 Ultra on 5G. I am on Singtel and 5G keeps completely dropping out. Many on the Samsung SG support forum are complaining about this. I talked to a dealer and he says other customers have complained too.

Samsung says on the forum to turn on airplane mode and off again, or try the 2nd SIM slot. Neither really fixes the problem and anyway it is ridiculous to have to do this because a stable phone connection is a basic requirement of any phone.

Nor is it a Singtel issue. I have put an IPhone 13 next to the S22 Ultra and the IPhone will have full bar 5G. The S22 Ultra will show the no connection icon.

As usual, Samsung has stayed silent on this and the issue has not been fixed. The phone is not fit for purpose. Anyone thinking of this phone had better stay clear unless you feel that constantly toggling airplane mode is an ok way to use a phone. I have been so embarrassed at checkout lines so many times trying to pay with this stupid phone and holding other people up while it tries to connect to the Internet.

Is it just for 5G? 4G no issue at all?

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with the spen button. No responsive to any press, e.g press to take photo while using camera.

Spen still got active cursor on screen.

Seems like button on spen is spoilt

FN2RFN2R

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with the spen button. No responsive to any press, e.g press to take photo while using camera.
Spen still got active cursor on screen.
Seems like button on spen is spoilt

did you turn on S pen air action?

domino

Reaction score
I’ll try the new method I found via *#2263# first. See if it works or really need to download another app to force it on NSA.
Thanks both! I am a little confused here -- if the problem is SA/NSA switching, then so long as we turn off either SA or NSA it may help?

But I understand you both suggest turning off SA instead of NSA - isn't NSA the older, slower network? How about if we turn off NSA instead?

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks both! I am a little confused here -- if the problem is SA/NSA switching, then so long as we turn off either SA or NSA it may help?

But I understand you both suggest turning off SA instead of NSA - isn't NSA the older, slower network? How about if we turn off NSA instead?
Jus totally off 5G. Definitely helps.

username03

Reaction score

Yes, problem is with SA vs NSA switching.

If you turn off NSA, your phone will connect to SA only. If no SA antenna nearby, you basically have no Internet connection..... I tried just now, disabled NSA. No Internet connection cos no SA antenna nearby....

So I'm using *#2263# to turn off SA and I get 5G on NSA only. Which works, so far, traveling around sg no more Total network drop or data drops.

Old antenna, slower 5G speed than SA, but at least much stable and less random total network loss...

PenciL87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone face wifi issue? it keep switch to use mobile data even tho my router signal strength is still very strong.

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not me having this issue
wobble.gif

Oops. :s12:

CS0287

Reaction score
anyone face wifi issue? it keep switch to use mobile data even tho my router signal strength is still very strong.
I am also having similar issue, i thought it's my wifi router dropping connection to my phone... I am using Nokia Beacon 1 router from Starhub, which a very lousy router.

PenciL87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also having similar issue, i thought it's my wifi router dropping connection to my phone... I am using Nokia Beacon 1 router from Starhub, which a very lousy router.
im using RT-AX88U but i don't think is router issue cause all the other devices is working fine, shld be s22 issue hais

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.