Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just asked my uncle to install custom rom on my s5e. Android 11.

This tablet doesn't use spen so I guess not losing too much functionality bah

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier than I'd expected, which was August, but my S5e just updated to Android 11 UI 3.1, so....yay?!

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android 11? Didn't expect that.
I did expect Android 11 UI 3.1 update, but not so soon as I'd read that the update was supposed to be out sometime in August, so this earlier than expected update came as a pleasant surprise.

Btw, if Samsung lives up to its promises, we can expect the S5e to be updated to Android 12.

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
Anyone had problem with the led dropping out of the casing? I am not sure if my screen crack causing this

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone had problem with the led dropping out of the casing? I am not sure if my screen crack causing this
I presume you mean the screen. A portion of my screen around the volume and power buttons have become loose.

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
I presume you mean the screen. A portion of my screen around the volume and power buttons have become loose.
Oh so is popping out but still intact? My whole lcd screen got detached and drop out. Went to service centre to ask to re-glue they told me to change the whole screen at $300, cos the top part of the screen cracked but it was like a year ago already -.-. Not sure if anyone haf the same issue.. I went to some repair shop to get help they use double sided tape to tape it back and drop out again the following week ….

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh so is popping out but still intact? My whole lcd screen got detached and drop out. Went to service centre to ask to re-glue they told me to change the whole screen at $300, cos the top part of the screen cracked but it was like a year ago already -.-. Not sure if anyone haf the same issue.. I went to some repair shop to get help they use double sided tape to tape it back and drop out again the following week ….
Actually it's more or less the whole right side that has loosened. Can feel the movement with mild pressure. $300 is just not worth it. Frankly it's just about 2 years old so I am disappointed it's falling apart. Don't think I will buy another Samsung again.

skystopper

Reaction score
One UI 3.1 / Android 11 is out now for the wifi variant. I supposed this will be the last major update, no One UI 3.5 or 4.0 for this tablet right?

skystopper

Reaction score
I thought Samsung promised 3 OS revisions?
Tab S5E is not part of that list. I believe its from Tab S6 onwards. But devices launched from 2019 onwards will receive at least 4 years of security updates, including Tab S5E.

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One UI 3.1 / Android 11 is out now for the wifi variant. I supposed this will be the last major update, no One UI 3.5 or 4.0 for this tablet right?

I'm already surprised my tablet got this update! lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.