Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just asked my uncle to install custom rom on my s5e. Android 11.

This tablet doesn't use spen so I guess not losing too much functionality bah

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier than I'd expected, which was August, but my S5e just updated to Android 11 UI 3.1, so....yay?!

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android 11? Didn't expect that.
I did expect Android 11 UI 3.1 update, but not so soon as I'd read that the update was supposed to be out sometime in August, so this earlier than expected update came as a pleasant surprise.

Btw, if Samsung lives up to its promises, we can expect the S5e to be updated to Android 12.

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
Anyone had problem with the led dropping out of the casing? I am not sure if my screen crack causing this

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone had problem with the led dropping out of the casing? I am not sure if my screen crack causing this
I presume you mean the screen. A portion of my screen around the volume and power buttons have become loose.

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
I presume you mean the screen. A portion of my screen around the volume and power buttons have become loose.
Oh so is popping out but still intact? My whole lcd screen got detached and drop out. Went to service centre to ask to re-glue they told me to change the whole screen at $300, cos the top part of the screen cracked but it was like a year ago already -.-. Not sure if anyone haf the same issue.. I went to some repair shop to get help they use double sided tape to tape it back and drop out again the following week ….

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh so is popping out but still intact? My whole lcd screen got detached and drop out. Went to service centre to ask to re-glue they told me to change the whole screen at $300, cos the top part of the screen cracked but it was like a year ago already -.-. Not sure if anyone haf the same issue.. I went to some repair shop to get help they use double sided tape to tape it back and drop out again the following week ….
Actually it's more or less the whole right side that has loosened. Can feel the movement with mild pressure. $300 is just not worth it. Frankly it's just about 2 years old so I am disappointed it's falling apart. Don't think I will buy another Samsung again.

skystopper

Reaction score
One UI 3.1 / Android 11 is out now for the wifi variant. I supposed this will be the last major update, no One UI 3.5 or 4.0 for this tablet right?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have the same issue too. I dont think it is caused by the screen cracking. Usually for such cases, the culprit is either a bloated battery or the glue/tape used to secure the screen to the chassis has degraded over the years. I guess most of us who got the tablet in 2019 would have/start to see this problem.

You might need to clean up the old glue/tape and reapply it.

Actually it's more or less the whole right side that has loosened. Can feel the movement with mild pressure. $300 is just not worth it. Frankly it's just about 2 years old so I am disappointed it's falling apart. Don't think I will buy another Samsung again.

Yes, it is not worth to spend $300 to replace the screen just to rectify the issue. I think the Tab S5e still command a good trade in price if you are getting a new Tab S5e/Tab S7. Might as well try to trade it in to see if you have the itch to upgrade. Else just wait for the entire screen to fall out and apply tape to tape it back.

hkchew03

Reaction score
Yes, I have the same issue too. I dont think it is caused by the screen cracking. Usually for such cases, the culprit is either a bloated battery or the glue/tape used to secure the screen to the chassis has degraded over the years. I guess most of us who got the tablet in 2019 would have/start to see this problem.

You might need to clean up the old glue/tape and reapply it.

Yes, it is not worth to spend $300 to replace the screen just to rectify the issue. I think the Tab S5e still command a good trade in price if you are getting a new Tab S5e/Tab S7. Might as well try to trade it in to see if you have the itch to upgrade. Else just wait for the entire screen to fall out and apply tape to tape it back.
cracked my screen... on good side, because the screen is coming off the case, its easy to replace, on bad side, replacement oled is around $280. To me still kinda worth it, can't get any good OLED tablet at that price anyway. Alternative is Lenovo Pad Pro 2020 which is about $400+ if you import directly.

Still a very good tablet for media consumption, OLED + good sound. Only let down by slightly sluggish performance by today standard.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cracked my screen... on good side, because the screen is coming off the case, its easy to replace, on bad side, replacement oled is around $280. To me still kinda worth it, can't get any good OLED tablet at that price anyway. Alternative is Lenovo Pad Pro 2020 which is about $400+ if you import directly.

Still a very good tablet for media consumption, OLED + good sound. Only let down by slightly sluggish performance by today standard.
Actually i find the performance still good for today's usage. General Internet and media streaming, still smooth. The speakers are really good. Hard to find a tablet these days with good screen resolution and sound in the sub $500 to $600 range locally.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score

I had the same issue last month.

went to a repair shop nearby and got it fixed for 49 bucks. working well after that for the past 3 weeks.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

hkchew03

Reaction score
Actually i find the performance still good for today's usage. General Internet and media streaming, still smooth. The speakers are really good. Hard to find a tablet these days with good screen resolution and sound in the sub $500 to $600 range locally.
For media consumption its great, hard to beat at this price. But if doing some multi-tasking or slightly heavier usage, Lenovo got some pretty good one with OLED and quad speaker as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.