Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah the 32gb on the base iPad is really silly... But the 128gb version is about the same price as s6 lite (or even cheaper if on sale at Amazon -- Apple has international warranty so it's ok).

To me I decided to go apple cos I didn't have a good experience with the S Pen on the Tab A 2019. When using One note, the cursor will lag noticeably behind my ink markings. On the iPad, it's almost instant. Pen wise, the S pen has a nicer finer tip with more friction and doesn't require charging. But I find that not many apps support S pen, or even if they supoort, it's quite laggy as compared to ipad

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah the 32gb on the base iPad is really silly... But the 128gb version is about the same price as s6 lite (or even cheaper if on sale at Amazon -- Apple has international warranty so it's ok).

To me I decided to go apple cos I didn't have a good experience with the S Pen on the Tab A 2019. When using One note, the cursor will lag noticeably behind my ink markings. On the iPad, it's almost instant. Pen wise, the S pen has a nicer finer tip with more friction and doesn't require charging. But I find that not many apps support S pen, or even if they supoort, it's quite laggy as compared to ipad

That's weird, I use the S-pen on my Note 8, and it works with most apps leh... maybe you use it differently from me... I don't use it for drawing in apps though, I mainly use it to write notes or make markings...

You are comparing a bargain basement Tab A against a much more expensive iPad leh... ha ha...

But definitely the latest iPad is extremely good value, as powerful as the Android flagships plus pen support... the only issue is when you add the pen support and reasonable storage, the price is way above the Android tablets that come with a stylus...

skpuppy

Reaction score
That's weird, I use the S-pen on my Note 8, and it works with most apps leh... maybe you use it differently from me... I don't use it for drawing in apps though, I mainly use it to write notes or make markings...

You are comparing a bargain basement Tab A against a much more expensive iPad leh... ha ha...

But definitely the latest iPad is extremely good value, as powerful as the Android flagships plus pen support... the only issue is when you add the pen support and reasonable storage, the price is way above the Android tablets that come with a stylus...

If you buy ipad, you get the long term software support. That is nice but again more costly and lacks flexibility to side load apps. For me, I go for entry level and entry level android tablet if not iPad

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm yeah my note 10 works fine with the S pen too. Maybe you're right on lower end tablet, though the tab a with s pen is not really "bargain basement" as it comes with a midrange CPU and 2 cortex a73 cores with 3gb ram. But based on the reviews I've read of the S6 Lite, people are saying that it's slightly laggy so was trying to avoid a similar user experience haha.

Maybe when the samsung store reopens can test and check it out on responsiveness

hkchew03

Reaction score
hmm yeah my note 10 works fine with the S pen too. Maybe you're right on lower end tablet, though the tab a with s pen is not really "bargain basement" as it comes with a midrange CPU and 2 cortex a73 cores with 3gb ram. But based on the reviews I've read of the S6 Lite, people are saying that it's slightly laggy so was trying to avoid a similar user experience haha.

Maybe when the samsung store reopens can test and check it out on responsiveness

If you need best pen responsiveness and apps, iPad is the way to go... Android is still not on par in these department. Even S6 has some lag compare to iPad.

Posted from PCWX using Mi Note 10

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you buy ipad, you get the long term software support. That is nice but again more costly and lacks flexibility to side load apps. For me, I go for entry level and entry level android tablet if not iPad

Yes, the OS update is the one attractive thing... iPhone 6 went from iOS 8 to 12... although usability from iOS10 onwards may not be as good lar...

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks,

At $406. Vietnam export set by local seller.

I play a single user/ stand alone 3D Airport simulation game only. Not the type of high action packed or online/multiuser simulation game. Good enough and worth enough without lag?

My 3D Airport simulation game was playable on a SD625 on my previous old phone too without much lag.

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks,

At $406. Vietnam export set by local seller.

I play a single user/ stand alone 3D Airport simulation game only. Not the type of high action packed or online/multiuser simulation game. Good enough and worth enough without lag?

My 3D Airport simulation game was playable on a SD625 on my previous old phone too without much lag.

Probably good enough... my Tab A 10.1 2019 can play Real Racing smoothly leh... this A7 is far more powerful... any $406 for what specs first...

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably good enough... my Tab A 10.1 2019 can play Real Racing smoothly leh... this A7 is far more powerful... any $406 for what specs first...

Ohh! Since this is a Tab S6 Lite's thread! I was referring to Tab S6 Lite (SD670) at $406 Export set.:)

However, I read that the Tab A7 (SD662) is quite okay still comparing it to S6 Lite with AMOLED screen some more! :s22:

So, I should buy Tab A7 instead at much more cheaper price at $282 Export set with 12 months local seller warranty!? :s22:

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry... got mixed up... ha ha... both tablets use SD662 so performance not much difference... the Tab S6 Lite got S-pen... if you don't need it, then don't pay more lor... A7 does not use AMOLED screen... normal TFT LCD...

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry... got mixed up... ha ha... both tablets use SD662 so performance not much difference... the Tab S6 Lite got S-pen... if you don't need it, then don't pay more lor... A7 does not use AMOLED screen... normal TFT LCD...

Ahh! A7 is TFT LCD.. My bad.

Okay. I'm going to get the A7 since I don't need the Ass Pen.

Thanks.

benqdell

Reaction score
just got one off carousell for $250, what a steal for this tablet!

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Late to this Samsung S6 LTE discussion
Looking at this packaged with SPH newspaper e-online subscription
$34.90 x 30 months = $1047
Is this worthwhile?

considering because want to try S-pen for note taking for work and studies

please share

thanks

invigo79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the S6 lite 64gb wifi from Amazon for $360.

Pros:
- Cheaper than ipad
- Sd card support
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- include S-pen which is awesome. My kids love drawing on the tablet. No lag.
- Nice screen size for reading manga and other media consumption.
- amazing battery life. Can literally last whole day.

Cons:
- Can feel the lag especially when switching apps.
- surprisingly heavy (my first 10" tablet).
- decent screen but cannot fight with amoled.

Conclusion:
Overall a pretty decent tablet. It will not WOW you but perfect for drawing and media consumption. I dont play mobile games so cannot comment on that.

My 2 kids are still using their Galaxy tab S2 2016 (8"). I hope this tablet can last as long.

Sent from EDMWER app!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.