Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

S6 lite is running on what SD?

Price now is around
$360 for the P610 (Wi-Fi)...

Thought of upgrading from my damn slow and laggy Tab A7 2020..

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

S6 lite is running on what SD?

Price now is around
$360 for the P610 (Wi-Fi)...

Thought of upgrading from my damn slow and laggy Tab A7 2020..
Exynos 9611

amazon price is it? 366 excl shipping, but stock only in on 24th april

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy s6 rah. Snapdragon 855 is still a very powerful chip

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats a good 2nd hand deal for it? i see mint going for 650

855 think should easily tahan 3 years? for productivity and media consumption only

keyboard cover, or normal cover are not included in the base packaging right?

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats a good 2nd hand deal for it? i see mint going for 650

855 think should easily tahan 3 years? for productivity and media consumption only

keyboard cover, or normal cover are not included in the base packaging right?
Only pen included. Don't know what's a good price but I believe more standard devices have better chances of custom roms

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway i just hek and wacked, blew my tablet budget by x2. the seller included the usual full flip cover and the keyboard, but dont have the hinged backpiece of the keyboard set.

initially planning to hoot max of lenovo p11 (SD66x) for ~350, s6 lite imported ~380 or maximum of ipad 8th gen ~470... or wait for s7 lite or ipad 9th

p11 pro (SD73x) also going to run over 500++ presently anyway... lenovo also got their version of dex, but at the moment got less faith on them maintaining the updates or pushing for further development unlike samseng.

for Samseng old flagships tablets do they have those fked up planned obsolence updates (eg, makes battery life chui, slows it down)? my entry-mid a50 phone bought in late 2019 which i retired due to wonky cellular reception can hardly hold 2 days charge even in airplane mode throughout.

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway i just hek and wacked, blew my tablet budget by x2. the seller included the usual full flip cover and the keyboard, but dont have the hinged backpiece of the keyboard set.

initially planning to hoot max of lenovo p11 (SD66x) for ~350, s6 lite imported ~380 or maximum of ipad 8th gen ~470... or wait for s7 lite or ipad 9th

p11 pro (SD73x) also going to run over 500++ presently anyway... lenovo also got their version of dex, but at the moment got less faith on them maintaining the updates or pushing for further development unlike samseng.

for Samseng old flagships tablets do they have those fked up planned obsolence updates (eg, makes battery life chui, slows it down)? my entry-mid a50 phone bought in late 2019 which i retired due to wonky cellular reception can hardly hold 2 days charge even in airplane mode throughout.
No reh. They don't do such thing

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which type-c to 3.5mm dongle u all using?

dunno to buy the Apple one or this local brand ATZ's. supposedly got some dac chip inside the small dongle, not just wire nia

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys encounter any issues using Smart View on non Samsung tv, or when trying to mirror a non-Samsung phone to the S Tab?

tried yest both yesterday like cannot work for Smart View.
Google Home sort of work for screen mirroring between tablet and tv but connection drops.
my pixel 4a can't seem to find the tablet as a display when scanning.

which 3rd party apps good to bypass?

read that smartview dropped its chromecast compatibility for a while already.

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which type-c to 3.5mm dongle u all using?

dunno to buy the Apple one or this local brand ATZ's. supposedly got some dac chip inside the small dongle, not just wire nia
I bought Basel but hardly use it. Mostly use bluetooth

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who own the keyboard cover, do you find the edges very sharp when holding the tablet with the keyboard detached. I'm going to switch to a book cover. Easier to hold.

Tony.Manero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys encounter any issues using Smart View on non Samsung tv, or when trying to mirror a non-Samsung phone to the S Tab?

tried yest both yesterday like cannot work for Smart View.
Google Home sort of work for screen mirroring between tablet and tv but connection drops.
my pixel 4a can't seem to find the tablet as a display when scanning.

which 3rd party apps good to bypass?

read that smartview dropped its chromecast compatibility for a while already.
All these kind of screen mirroring performance is so bad. I use USB c to hdmi. At least still can play game. Bluetooth controller

chromehead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought Basel but hardly use it. Mostly use bluetooth
ic, anw ordered the dongle. hope its good

For those who own the keyboard cover, do you find the edges very sharp when holding the tablet with the keyboard detached. I'm going to switch to a book cover. Easier to hold.
i am using book cover + separate keyboard cover. but without the keyboard cover's hinge backpiece, because thats what i got from the seller.

when need to use on the move, kb cover detached as flipping it on the back doesn't work well (accidental key presses).
book cover doesn't protect edges and feels a little annoying to handle the flap when mobile (either folded flat behind or folded in stand mode)...

am considering the supcase ub pro that has more thickness to hold, 'protection' and probably doing away with any front covering when using it on the move... also means cannot connect kb cover , gotta use my k380 BT keyboard

All these kind of screen mirroring performance is so bad. I use USB c to hdmi. At least still can play game. Bluetooth controller
looks like gotta get a powered usb-c hub if i were to look to increase its utility

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.