Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Audris

Reaction score
The question is if you need it urgently? If not then you can afford to wait. I actually don't think there will be a meaningful improvement between S6 and S7. Sure the SOC will likely be better, i.e. SD 865 vs 855. In both cases, these are fast SOCs and unless you run some benchmarks or planning to use it primarily for games, you should not feel much of a difference.

These sort of special keyboard case is something that I normally don't recommend people to buy because your concern is spot on. Compatibility is usually a problem, followed by the question on durability. Worst part is that it cost a lot.

Yes I actually bought a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard that only cost a fraction but did not use it after some time as found it troublesome to switch on both keyboard and bluetooth then connect each time I want to type. Not to even mention having to charge keyboard when one nowadays already has so many gadgets to charge. The additional 1 or 2 steps may sound simple but doing it multiple times on daily basis actually turns out more troublesome than it sounds.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I actually bought a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard that only cost a fraction but did not use it after some time as found it troublesome to switch on both keyboard and bluetooth then connect each time I want to type. Not to even mention having to charge keyboard when one nowadays already has so many gadgets to charge. The additional 1 or 2 steps may sound simple but doing it multiple times on daily basis actually turns out more troublesome than it sounds.

The tab s6 is not as useful as a productivity tool.without the keyboard

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If Tab S6's keyboard is anything similar to MediaPad M6's, then good news for you. You don't have to wait for connection time. Just snap the tablet onto the keyboard you can immediately type without lag time.

Aaaaand... These keyboard types no need charge. They operate by drawing power from the tablet. So no on/off troublesome actions nor the need to pair it.

And Tab S6's stylus charges itself the minute you stick it back to the resting slot.

Audris

Reaction score
Anyone with the Samsung Tab S6 keyboard cover tried removing and sticking back on again? How is it holding up? Was about to get one from Carousell but my concern is losing the adhesiveness. Or am I better off to spend 40ish more to get a new one and ask a shop to stick it on for me?

Does Samsung warranty cover the adhesiveness and provide one-to-one replacement if it fails?

Last edited:

ttmaxx

Reaction score
If you want to try Huawei, MediaPad M6 is enough to suit your needs. No significant lags when playing Mobile Legends: Bang Bang on it, but it is very heavy and tiring.

If you aim for MatePad Pro, though, I would prefer it if you aim for Tab S6 since both are around the same price. The stylus placement for Tab S6 is better too you won't fear losing it as opposed to just sticking it topside for the former.

And if the desktop mode is anything similar to MediaPad M6, from Googling, DeX is way more polished.

Though I have listed so much shortcomings of MediaPad M6 as compared to Tab S6, I am still lovin it as it is able to achieve my minimal requirements: gaming, multimedia, note-taking, illustrations and online learning.

The only gripe (against all Android tablets out there now) is the lack of enthusiastic tablet supported apps. In the past you could efen find tablet apps sections in the Android Market. Now, those "HD" version apps that existed (like Cut The Rope HD, PPTV HD and whanots) have long since been removed.

My only semi solution for not having portrait restricted apps to appear properly is by launching them via desktop mode. Tried those force landscape apps but doesn't actually look well.

Still, it all boils down to your personal preference. I'm just giving my personal views.

Spending over $1000 in ringgit is always better than spending almost the same amount in S$.

Thanks for the tip and I am a new convert / user! :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The thing is it really depends how you like to use your tablet. For me, I prefer to just use the tablet by itself since the odds of typing something is not very high and the onscreen keyboard is big enough to easily type on. So the keyboard case is just good to have for me. I don't use it full fledged like a laptop. So you know best your own preference.

The keyboard in this case gets connected to the pogo pins and thus, don't need any recharging. It draws power directly from the device. On the flipside, you can't use the keyboard on any other devices other than the Tab S6 at this point in time. So if the keyboard outlives the tablet, you may not be able to use it for your replacement, unlike a bluetooth one.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Samsung Tab S6 keyboard cover tried removing and sticking back on again? How is it holding up? Was about to get one from Carousell but my concern is losing the adhesiveness. Or am I better off to spend 40ish more to get a new one and ask a shop to stick it on for me?

Does Samsung warranty cover the adhesiveness and provide one-to-one replacement if it fails?

I may be wrong, but usually such snap on case uses magnet to stay on. At least this is the case for some of the keyboard cases I've observed or used. Not too sure about the S6 keyboard case though.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy Tab S6 Lite bags FCC certification ahead of launch

Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S6-Lite-FCC-Certification.jpg

will be equipped with the Exynos 9611 processor, 4GB RAM, and 64GB/128GB internal storage. It will be launched with Android 10 and One UI 2.0. The tablet also features a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED screen with HDR. Its design was revealed last month, so we know that the tablet will come with an S Pen.

Since the Galaxy Tab S6 is priced at $649, it is safe to assume that the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite will be priced lower. It could start at $399 for the Wi-Fi only variant, but we can get a clearer idea when Samsung launches the tablet in the coming weeks.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't own one yet, considering to get the 256GB model. But read quite some reviews o. Battery drain issue.

It's the extra 2GB ram I m interested

I read few reviews that the battery drain is very bad. Like few days on standby, and the battery is completely flat. I feel battery drain is a common problem with Android devices, but wasn't expecting it this bad.

As for the 2GB extra ram, I think it depends what you want to use the device for. Generally, I don't think you will ever feel a difference between 6GB and 8GB. While I don't check the RAM usage all the time, but I observed generally it stays below 5GB for my usage. If you game, it may go higher, but I doubt it will reach 6GB.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah... $399 for wifi is a very good price... but I prefer to have LTE.. which costs a premium...

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the largest Samsung tablet?

Must be relatively new model from year 2018 onwards.

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read few reviews that the battery drain is very bad. Like few days on standby, and the battery is completely flat. I feel battery drain is a common problem with Android devices, but wasn't expecting it this bad.

As for the 2GB extra ram, I think it depends what you want to use the device for. Generally, I don't think you will ever feel a difference between 6GB and 8GB. While I don't check the RAM usage all the time, but I observed generally it stays below 5GB for my usage. If you game, it may go higher, but I doubt it will reach 6GB.

I thought battery going flat after a few days standby is very good already..lol

CheerS!!!;)

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't own one yet, considering to get the 256GB model. But read quite some reviews o. Battery drain issue.

I would say just go for it..it's really an amazing tablet.

But I think Tab S7 is coming in a few months time, so maybe u should wait to get S7 or the S6 (if price drops)

CheerS!!!;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.