Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say just go for it..it's really an amazing tablet.

But I think Tab S7 is coming in a few months time, so maybe u should wait to get S7 or the S6 (if price drops)

CheerS!!!;)
True, s7 coming. Maybe I just wait. Thanks

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought battery going flat after a few days standby is very good already..lol

CheerS!!!;)

I don't know if the reviewers are using a LTE version or not. But if it is just Wifi only, this is very poor battery life. I've left my devices on standby and connected to WIFI all the time, and I have never seen them quit on me even after a week. Sure there will be some level of battery drain, but not to this extent.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, new ipad pro just released a superb keyboard cover with trackpad. Samsung pls buck up and redesign the failed keyboard cover

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, new ipad pro just released a superb keyboard cover with trackpad. Samsung pls buck up and redesign the failed keyboard cover

You need to consider that the price is more than 2x for the new keyboard cover. The cheapest Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11 is 439 bucks and 519 for the 12.9 inch version. The cost of the 12.9 inch keyboard cover is about half the cost of the basic Tab S6 with WIFI only.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. I think different segment la. Samsung is for those value for $$ and loves to DIY and install apk kind.

IOS is for those atas.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to consider that the price is more than 2x for the new keyboard cover. The cheapest Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11 is 439 bucks and 519 for the 12.9 inch version. The cost of the 12.9 inch keyboard cover is about half the cost of the basic Tab S6 with WIFI only.

No matter what, there should be a lot of ways to improve the crappy and unreliable stick (or vacuumed?) to the back cover. Also, Apple sold at this price probably because it's well, Apple.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No matter what, there should be a lot of ways to improve the crappy and unreliable stick (or vacuumed?) to the back cover. Also, Apple sold at this price probably because it's well, Apple.

Because Apple knows their customers, mostly affluent or business users will buy it. Which is why they can get away with a 999 USD monitor stand.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like the fact they are able to magnetically stick the S-Pen to the back of the body, coupled with the back flap to prevent it from falling out unknowingly.

I lost my M-Pen Lite last night. Eff my life. Will need to spend $68 to buy a new one when I get my pay next week -___-

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Lost as in drop unknowingly?

I like the fact they are able to magnetically stick the S-Pen to the back of the body, coupled with the back flap to prevent it from falling out unknowingly.

I lost my M-Pen Lite last night. Eff my life. Will need to spend $68 to buy a new one when I get my pay next week -___-

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lost as in drop unknowingly?

Yah. My fault actually. When I left office i noticed it was sticking magnetically at the side of my tablet, but knowing it will drop if I move the tablet with significant force (i.e. if I have to run for a bus or something) it will drop, instead of putting it into my bag, I lazily slotted it into my jeans pocket.

Probably dropped on the bus when I propped my legs up against the back of the seat in front of me.

If only there is an add-on accessory like an attaching pocket to my keyboard case or something :(

Azry88

Reaction score
My singtel plan can recontract in 1st april, so i plan to recontract and get the Samsung tab s6.

I want to use it for work, abit on microsoft outlook, words and excel.

same time i want to buy a keyboard cover. any advice on this?
i saw the samsung keyboard cover is around $200. any cheaper than this?
if cheaper also i scared very troublesome to connect with the tablet

same time i also want to buy a waterproof bag so i can bring along my tablet wherever i go.
maybe the timbuk2 classic messenger bag would be good?

anyways this my first time posting in this forum

Last edited:

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My singtel plan can recontract in 1st april, so i plan to recontract and get the Samsung tab s6.

same time i also want to buy a waterproof bag so i can bring along my tablet wherever i go.

Yes..the Samsung keyboard is expensive.
You should really consider 3rd party brands.

I'm currently using BOW bluetooth folding keyboard. Serves me really well. I have only charged it twice in about 5 months. I would say my usage of it is medium. Battery life is surprisingly good for this unknown brand.

Do a search on the TaoB website and you should be able to find it. I think I bought mine for about S$35 or S$40.

CheerS!!!;)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Consider if you will be typing a lot on the go on a physical keyboard or will the touchscreen keyboard be sufficient. Personally I feel not many people will actually use a physical keyboard on the go. Its just there as a good to have accessory, in case you want to type.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah. My fault actually. When I left office i noticed it was sticking magnetically at the side of my tablet, but knowing it will drop if I move the tablet with significant force (i.e. if I have to run for a bus or something) it will drop, instead of putting it into my bag, I lazily slotted it into my jeans pocket.

Probably dropped on the bus when I propped my legs up against the back of the seat in front of me.

If only there is an add-on accessory like an attaching pocket to my keyboard case or something :(

Bro, did you buy the M-pen Lite from Huawei or online?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Agree with GhostZM... the Samsung keyboard is really very expensive... not worth it... there are many other cheaper and just as good keyboards on the market... as long as it is connected via bluetooth, should not have any issues... you can even get keyboards with a small trackpad if that is what you need...

Some links to help you:
https://mynexttablet.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-keyboard-alternatives/

https://www.amazon.sg/Fintie-Keyboa...ocphy=9062499&hvtargid=pla-855232294522&psc=1

https://www.techdoze.net/best-samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-keyboard-case/

This one got trackpad:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/327..._expid=99b92bfb-12b4-4809-b722-ad5ff12e818b-0

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm currently using BOW bluetooth folding keyboard. Serves me really well. I have only charged it twice in about 5 months. I would say my usage of it is medium. Battery life is surprisingly good for this unknown brand.

Do a search on the TaoB website and you should be able to find it. I think I bought mine for about S$35 or S$40.

CheerS!!!;)

Checked out the BOW folding keyboard... does the hinge affect your use of the keyboard? It seems like it obstructs the point where your palm may rest of the keyboard?

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

CheerS!!!;)

The thing is is your keyboard as slim as the original one when folded?

And you mention the keyboard needs charging. The original keyboard doesn't need charging.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree with GhostZM... the Samsung keyboard is really very expensive... not worth it... there are many other cheaper and just as good keyboards on the market... as long as it is connected via bluetooth, should not have any issues... you can even get keyboards with a small trackpad if that is what you need...

Some links to help you:
https://mynexttablet.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-keyboard-alternatives/

https://www.amazon.sg/Fintie-Keyboa...ocphy=9062499&hvtargid=pla-855232294522&psc=1

https://www.techdoze.net/best-samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-keyboard-case/

This one got trackpad:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/327..._expid=99b92bfb-12b4-4809-b722-ad5ff12e818b-0

Those are all bluetooth keyboards.
And the last one is a seperate accessory, not even part of the tablet cover.

one thing about 3rd-party covers is that they don't have magnetic snap-on covers. Those with a backing to hold your tablet just makes it look fatter.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Consider if you will be typing a lot on the go on a physical keyboard or will the touchscreen keyboard be sufficient. Personally I feel not many people will actually use a physical keyboard on the go. Its just there as a good to have accessory, in case you want to type.

It is very useful when you wanna do programming or take notes while you are attending lessons. Trust me, a physical keyboard is always better for a large screen device.

In fact, I learnt it during my ASUS Transformer years. Then I moved over to Xperia Tablets, typing on anything above 8in, is really a chore. When I got my hands on Xperia Tablet Z4, I hunted high and low for the keyboard, but was sadly out of stock.

Now that new-gen tablets are making keyboards mainstream thanks to Surfaces, I am very glad.

It makes our tablets easier to use for meetings and lessons. Lesser chances of typos.

I really exaggerating till even surfing net, I use keyboard to type instead of screen.

If you ask me lah, if spending close to $1000 to get a tablet just for watching shows and hearing music, then why not just get an A series or some other mid-range tablets?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.