Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Family of Tablets...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Poor app support for Android tablet is a known issue. If you take the Google apps out of the equation, no less than half the apps that you get from the store don't really work well with the bigger screen. So what you get is a mobile phone version that is stretched to fit the screen. I rarely run into the issue because the only apps I use on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ are,
1. Netflix,
2. Disney+
3. Youtube
4. Chrome
5. Samsung apps for drawing and writing

Most of these apps work well on the tablet, but it really depends on what each person is planning to use the tablet for. If one is app usage heavy, i.e. download a lot of different apps, then chances of running into unoptimized app is going to be more common.

Having used iOS as long as Android, my personal opinion is that the Google PlayStore have less things to purchase because I would say 90% of the apps are "free", either with adverts or purely subscription based. The unfortunate fact is that while Apple's App Store still have more apps/games selections that you can pay a 1 off fee, the trend of subscription based app is growing there over the years.
Yeah... I dislike the subscription model also... but I suppose software companies also need to maximize their profits...

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
Poor app support for Android tablet is a known issue. If you take the Google apps out of the equation, no less than half the apps that you get from the store don't really work well with the bigger screen. So what you get is a mobile phone version that is stretched to fit the screen. I rarely run into the issue because the only apps I use on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ are,
1. Netflix,
2. Disney+
3. Youtube
4. Chrome
5. Samsung apps for drawing and writing

Most of these apps work well on the tablet, but it really depends on what each person is planning to use the tablet for. If one is app usage heavy, i.e. download a lot of different apps, then chances of running into unoptimized app is going to be more common.
iPad also has many apps not optimised for large screens

Instagram, many of the shopping apps (same on Android). There are many apps on iPad that are also just iPhone apps where you have to press the 2x button to scale it up (pixelated).

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad also has many apps not optimised for large screens

Instagram, many of the shopping apps (same on Android). There are many apps on iPad that are also just iPhone apps where you have to press the 2x button to scale it up (pixelated).
Woah! I didn't know this... well of course but I thought that Apple didn't allow stretched apps in the App Store? They are famous for curating very tightly I thought...

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same question I ask myself... but then again a tablet has certain functionality and ease of use that a Windows laptop or even 2-in-1 doesn't have yet... it's the instant on, instant connectivity... we may see the gap close when Microsoft decides that it should take on mobile computing using Qualcomm chips in a big way... that may pave the way for even desktops to be like our current tablets... very useful for productivity...
Dragon crest amd as well for surface lineup......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.