Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Family of Tablets...

lzy1987

Reaction score
I'm thinking to get a S8 Ultra for gaming and media (netflix/YouTube).

Worth the risk if I get an import set? I can pushed down the price to $1080 (with cart coupon & Qcoin 10% off) for the S8 Ultra 128GB Wifi. No further GST/tax. Warranty probably not covered though.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tab S8 plus 5G update OTA

Build X806BXXU2AVE4
Security 1 May

GhostZM

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking to get a S8 Ultra for gaming and media (netflix/YouTube).

Worth the risk if I get an import set? I can pushed down the price to $1080 (with cart coupon & Qcoin 10% off) for the S8 Ultra 128GB Wifi. No further GST/tax. Warranty probably not covered though.
$1080 for Ultra version is really VFM..

But yeah, there will be no warranty and that is a risk you have to take..

CheerS!!!;)

Haman

Reaction score
Hi, where to get a good value for S8+ 256Gb Wifi local warranty? Courts is $1410, lowest I'd seen. Thanks.

Haman

Reaction score
Hi, where to get a good value for S8+ 256Gb Wifi local warranty? Courts is $1410, lowest I'd seen. Thanks.
Manage to get a S8+ 5G 256Gb Samsung warranty for 1422 at Laz brand price drop during weekend, pink gold by the way but not a problem since will be with cover. Now waiting for case to arrive. Do you guys put tempered glass screen protector on it?

Ipitrilliant

Reaction score
Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard Cover Users, Take Note!

I'm a TAB S8 Ultra user and used it exclusively with the keyboard cover. When I commute to and from work I keep them is a simple padded sleeve and slot them in the laptop compartment of my backpack.

Yesterday I realised the keyboard has "warped" inwards causing the bottom left a.k.a left click on the track pad to be sunken in. The travel from the left click as compared to the right one was a lot.

Brought it down to Samsung service centre and they replaced it with a new one but have to wait for their stock to arrive.

So if you're doing the same as me please stop and place them somewhere they won't be compressed too much. If not it will be an expensive replacement.

For me after I get the replacement keyboard i will just stow it away as I have replaced it entirely with a MX Mini.. just cannot risk another mishap noting how slim the keyboard is and how expensive it will be to replace when the warranty runs out. I was told accessories warranty is only 6mths as compared to 1 year for the Tablet itself.

smeagoly

Reaction score
S8 ultra users, how has your experience with it been?

Been using S2 9.7" for a long time and was contemplating about trading in when S8U was announced.. Now I might actually consider the export set from Korea which will be about 1.2k for the 128gb wifi version (i can hotspot from my ZF2 and I don't need 5g, so no need for the lte version)

my use cases will very much likely be for videos and social media, but thinking if the 14.6" is too big and unwieldy, so still thinking between S8U ad S8+.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Been using S2 9.7" for a long time and was contemplating about trading in when S8U was announced.. Now I might actually consider the export set from Korea which will be about 1.2k for the 128gb wifi version (i can hotspot from my ZF2 and I don't need 5g, so no need for the lte version)

my use cases will very much likely be for videos and social media, but thinking if the 14.6" is too big and unwieldy, so still thinking between S8U ad S8+.
Be cautious, from my personal experiences. Once u got 14", u can't go back to smaller screen..

lzy1987

Reaction score

I recently bought the S8U export set from Qoo10. I paid around $1080 by using Qcoins (10% off - https://qoo.tn/B28n6Y/Q109368184) . It was shipped and delivered in 7 days.

For social media like Facebook or Instagram, I don't think you really need the bigger screen size. Many apps are not optimised for tablet.

For gaming, its a mixed bag. Games with onscreen touch control are awkward to play eg PUBG. The best ones are those with controller support. I'm mainly using it for PS5 remote gaming.

For video streaming services, S8U is at its best. Screen is so good that I prefer to watch Netflix on the tablet instead of my 4K TV.

If portability is not a big concern, get the S8U. And get a case and screen protector. Being a export set, warranty are not covered so you need to get it well protected.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard Cover Users, Take Note!

I'm a TAB S8 Ultra user and used it exclusively with the keyboard cover. When I commute to and from work I keep them is a simple padded sleeve and slot them in the laptop compartment of my backpack.

Yesterday I realised the keyboard has "warped" inwards causing the bottom left a.k.a left click on the track pad to be sunken in. The travel from the left click as compared to the right one was a lot.

Brought it down to Samsung service centre and they replaced it with a new one but have to wait for their stock to arrive.

So if you're doing the same as me please stop and place them somewhere they won't be compressed too much. If not it will be an expensive replacement.

For me after I get the replacement keyboard i will just stow it away as I have replaced it entirely with a MX Mini.. just cannot risk another mishap noting how slim the keyboard is and how expensive it will be to replace when the warranty runs out. I was told accessories warranty is only 6mths as compared to 1 year for the Tablet itself.
Then the keyboard case would have failed its purpose miserably. Drawback for trying to make it slim and light. Most proper keyboard case can be quite heavy because the base needs to be sturdy. In this case, it seems Samsung may have went with an aluminium base, which may be why it is warping.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the S8U export set from Qoo10. I paid around $1080 by using Qcoins (10% off - https://qoo.tn/B28n6Y/Q109368184) . It was shipped and delivered in 7 days.

For social media like Facebook or Instagram, I don't think you really need the bigger screen size. Many apps are not optimised for tablet.

For gaming, its a mixed bag. Games with onscreen touch control are awkward to play eg PUBG. The best ones are those with controller support. I'm mainly using it for PS5 remote gaming.

For video streaming services, S8U is at its best. Screen is so good that I prefer to watch Netflix on the tablet instead of my 4K TV.

If portability is not a big concern, get the S8U. And get a case and screen protector. Being a export set, warranty are not covered so you need to get it well protected.
I don’t own the S8U, but being a user for the S7+ before, I find bigger screens to be great for multitaskiing (especially with DEX) and for watching shows.
Screen protector wise, this is a must have for anyone that is very worried or concerned about scratching the screen. No matter how careful you take care of it, micro scratches may still happen when used without screen protector.

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score

S8U is a table top tablet. Most of the time it feels like using a laptop.

Look at your workflow. If you have to bring the tablet around much, the small S8 and S8+ are probably better choices.

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my s8+. but can only get 1080p in dex mode when connecting it directly to my 4k monitor using a usb C.

anyone know any powered usb c hub that confirm working for 1440p that can buy in singapore?

if not i order the jumpgate dock already

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.