Samsung Galaxy Watch 3

howdidoo

Reaction score
Tracking Sucks

I was eagerly waiting for this watch to upgrade my Gear Sport, but the only reason for me to avoid this despite so many better features is that they still cant do the basics right. Activity tracking still does not take into account your actual Heart Rate during a workout. It just throws a fixed amount of Calories burned based on your BMR which is calculated based on age, sex, weight etc.. For my case, it shows a fixed 560 calories burned in an hour when I track an activity, same if I workout in Gym or sit drinking a beer. I am looking at Fitbit now, even Apple Watch does it using heart rate but I am in Android family.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Still no ECG and BP monitor, right? Then pay so much money for what?

:s8:

kitz79

Reaction score
how is it? functions well?

So far so good. It's my 2nd smart watch. My 1st was a basic one - Ticwatch E.

Main objective of getting is for the Samsung Pay and LTE function, so I can do w/o my phone when I go riding. Serves me well so far.

Bought it at $200 lower than rrp from local reseller, which I thought was quite ok. Brand new with local warranty.

Last edited:

micgoh

Reaction score
Guys what's the diff between lte and Bluetooth when I don't have any esim subscription plan?

I intend to run with my airpods and this watch while listening to Spotify. Which one should I get?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth means use the phone to connect to internet. LTE means the watch can connect directly to the intent.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worthy replacement for gear S3?

Sent from HUAWEI LIO-L29 using GAGT

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth means use the phone to connect to internet. LTE means the watch can connect directly to the intent.

Erm, any idea if the LTE version can function the same as the bluetooth version if the LTE function is not enabled ? Thanks.

RhinoNeo

Reaction score
The watch blood pressure monitoring feature can only works with a galaxy phone.

Anyone tried? How's the accuracy?

belgarathc

Reaction score
Anybody looking for the watch can buy it cheaper off Carousell as there are quite a few sellers who got the watch from the Z Fold 2 preorder.

Icefjord

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have been using the galaxy watch 3 for runs, and is there any way to end the run, other than relying on the auto watch auto sensing for no movement ?

thanks.

belgarathc

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have been using the galaxy watch 3 for runs, and is there any way to end the run, other than relying on the auto watch auto sensing for no movement ?

thanks.
I start my runs manually. When I finished, I press the top right button.

Icefjord

Reaction score
I start my runs manually. When I finished, I press the top right button.

Thanks will try again later. The last time I tried this method, it brought me back to the clock screen but running app still running in background.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.