Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

earthtk

Reaction score
The GPS and heart rate seems poor based on review in YT. Does it mean not suitable for people who wants to use this for cycling and running? Anyone wearing it for sports can comment pls.
I think running and steady work out is okay.. circuit training and interval very cui.. I guess thats the limitation of optical sensors

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issue getting watch face to load on gear app with samsung s20 ultra? No issues with s10+

contacted samsung support via members did the steps they said .. soft reset activ .. clear wearable storage cache didnt work

Last edited:

Fizzical

Reaction score
Managed to get for my wife a bnib 44mm pink active 2 (SG warranty) for $270. Totally worth it.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
With the galaxy e-sim I can leave my phone at home and go jogging with only my watch to answer incoming calls

mankind66

Reaction score
For the sleep app, frequently having 'deep sleep' data while using phone in bed before sleeping 😡🤬😠

And having little deep sleep data during sleep😭

Last edited:

Vismark

Reaction score
For the sleep app, frequently having 'deep sleep' data while using phone in bed before sleeping ���

And having little deep sleep data during sleep�
Same here. Sometimes play games they also track as I'm sleeping XD
Hope some software update can make it more accurate.

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

mankind66

Reaction score
Samsung brings blood pressure monitoring to Galaxy Watch series
MICHAIL, 21 APRIL 2020
Samsung’s latest health tracking app for its Galaxy Watch werables promises easy, on the go blood pressure monitoring. The trick is that you need to calibrate the initial measurement with a stand-alone blood pressure monitor. During that procedure, you'll need to start your Galaxy Watch's blood pressure tacking feature which relies on the optical heart-rate sensor to measure your blood pressure through pulse wave analysis. Samsung recommends using the Galaxy Watch Active2 for the monitoring and that you repeat the calibration process once a month to ensure accurate readings.

The new Samsung Health Monitor app is still in development but has been cleared by the South Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) meaning it should be available soon.

Once you have gone through the initial setup you will be able to select the “measure my blood pressure” setting from your Galaxy Watch. The accompanying smartphone app also allows users to track and compare blood pressure values for longer time periods and gives tips on pulse data.

jess_sy

Reaction score

The Samsung Health Monitor app will be available on the Galaxy Watch Active2 within the third quarter and will progressively expand to upcoming Galaxy Watch devices.

Adelyte

Reaction score
I just changed from Korea version to Sg version. Anyone keen, pls check out this YouTube guide.

https://youtu.be/EyaGf31T6Xc

I just brick one of my watch. The first one is successful, but the 2nd watch stuck in Odin mode.

Was flashing and Odin software says pass, however the watch says failed. Then stuck in Odin mode.

Anyone knows how to flash back? I no longer have that flower mode in the download mode, so I can no longer set my watch to AP mode to reflash.

Last edited:

Wolfmaster

Reaction score
I just changed from Korea version to Sg version. Anyone keen, pls check out this YouTube guide.

I just brick one of my watch. The first one is successful, but the 2nd watch stuck in Odin mode.

Was flashing and Odin software says pass, however the watch says failed. Then stuck in Odin mode.

Anyone knows how to flash back? I no longer have that flower mode in the download mode, so I can no longer set my watch to AP mode to reflash.

wah interesting to see someone hacking the watch... first time for me to hear on the watch.. but wat additional or extra function will it get?

Just interested to learn more

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah interesting to see someone hacking the watch... first time for me to hear on the watch.. but wat additional or extra function will it get?

Just interested to learn more

this is not really hacking. it's just to change CSC of your watch to make it to your region.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you try flashing back the stock fw or this thing stuck when you flash combi fw? did you try long press power button to see if you can go back download mode?

Adelyte

Reaction score
you try flashing back the stock fw or this thing stuck when you flash combi fw? did you try long press power button to see if you can go back download mode?

Apparently I flashed the wrong firmware for 40mm.
Did my 44mm and it is successful, then I proceed to do the 40mm, assuming both is the same, thus bricked.

The only way is via USB Odin. But I tired to solder the connector and try for hrs but didn't work, it's too difficult. Gave up :(

Shall wait and buy Galaxy active 3 instead. A $250ish lesson. Check and double check again b4 flashing.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did my 44mm and it is successful, then I proceed to do the 40mm, assuming both is the same, thus bricked.

The only way is via USB Odin. But I tired to solder the connector and try for hrs but didn't work, it's too difficult. Gave up :(

Shall wait and buy Galaxy active 3 instead. A $250ish lesson. Check and double check again b4 flashing.
if you trash it, I want! thanks!

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

even long press power button has no response?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.