Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Apparently I flashed the wrong firmware for 40mm.
Did my 44mm and it is successful, then I proceed to do the 40mm, assuming both is the same, thus bricked.

The only way is via USB Odin. But I tired to solder the connector and try for hrs but didn't work, it's too difficult. Gave up :(

Shall wait and buy Galaxy active 3 instead. A $250ish lesson. Check and double check again b4 flashing.

try service centre? my handphone also stuck when upgrading firmware , heng the service centre can re-flash it but all my data gone.

xiaosen

Reaction score
Where your purchase the watch? Any recommendations shop?

Sent from OnePlus IN2023 using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where your purchase the watch? Any recommendations shop?

Sent from OnePlus IN2023 using GAGT
I bought mine from qoo10 Korea seller...then flash it to local csc and now can use spay

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT

Channelson

Reaction score

jess_sy

Reaction score
When will the bp app be out?

The Samsung Health Monitor app will be available on the Galaxy Watch Active2 within the third quarter. (Availability may vary by market)

For Singapore no idea man. Hope it will release in Q3 too :s22:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hwz front page has the news on Korea there approve gwa2 ecg features already...guess only Korea set will get this feature....damn...I just switch my csc from Korea to SG to get s-pay... shd I switch back?

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT

Channelson

Reaction score
Samsung receives Korean official approval for ECG function on Galaxy Watch Active 2
By Liu Hongzuo - on 26 May 2020, 9:03am
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2.

The electrocardiogram (ECG) function of the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 smartwatch has been greenlit, and can now measure Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) in South Korea.

According to Samsung's official statement, the Galaxy Watch Active 2's ECG function has been 'cleared' by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety of South Korea (MFDS). This means that the Samsung Health Monitor app, which contains the ECG measurement feature, can be utilised by users to measure and analyse their hearth rhythm for any irregularities.

The ECG function uses the Galaxy Watch Active 2's ECG sensor to get a reading of the user's heart rhythm. To make it work, the user needs to put on the wearable and fire up the Samsung Health Monitor app. To start the reading, rest the smartwatch-wearing forearm on a flat surface, and place a fingertip from the opposite hand on the smartwatch's top button for 30 seconds.

The app will then measure the user's heart rhythm, which will be categorised as a Sinus Rhythm (normal heartbeat), or AFib, which also stands for irregular heartbeat, or heart arrhythmia.

The Korean electronics conglomerate said that the ECG function, together with the recently-approved blood pressure measurement feature, can give users a better insight into their health posture. However, Samsung cautioned that these readings should not replace conventional diagnosis and treatment. The results are for reference, or to be shared with a doctor for an informed decision, if necessary.

Source: Samsung

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the watch has the sp02 sensor or it just need the app to check our blood oxygen?

Nope the watch does not come with the sensor. Latest Samsung phones also not supporting. Older Samsung phones has built-in sensor to do the job

Streetwise

Reaction score
Been searching for a smartwatch for sometime and zooming in on active 2 as the best fit for my needs. Only caveat is the battery life which is not a deal breaker. Q0010 now has a local store offering $299 for 44mm size. After using coupons, I can get it for $288(inclusive of $5 shipt fee). Comes with 1 yr local warranty. Is it consider a good price??

jess_sy

Reaction score
Been searching for a smartwatch for sometime and zooming in on active 2 as the best fit for my needs. Only caveat is the battery life which is not a deal breaker. Q0010 now has a local store offering $299 for 44mm size. After using coupons, I can get it for $288(inclusive of $5 shipt fee). Comes with 1 yr local warranty. Is it consider a good price??

44mm watch battery life can easily hit 2 days or more depends on ur settings/usage before needing to charge it. The watch is worth it if u need a smartwatch with health fitness plus upcoming ECG and blood pressure functions.

seatore

Reaction score

U got link? Tia

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.