Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is not activated yet for Singapore. So far only Korea and brazil has BP and ECG. USA has ECG only.

If you want, need to ownself install the app.

It won't be activated lah. If Samsung wants it to be activated long time back you should get it.

IMO, to qualify as a medical-grade watch the followings have to be met

1) Must be approved by the local health authority unless she simply approved the watch based on FDA and European certifications.

2) A license needs to be issued based on the model of the watch applied for as a medical-grade device.

3) The watch needs to be calibrated every year for its accuracy as it can provide false health info and endangering the life of the user if it's out of calibration. This is especially true of electronic devices which can suffer from electronic drift as time go by.

Based on the above ASUS & SAMSUNG might not want this feature to be made available to the users considering the small market here and the license won't be cheap too.

Secondly, the user is unlikely to foot that yearly watch calibration cost because smartwatches are just cheap items and new models with new/improved features are released every year or so.

:D

jess_sy

Reaction score
It won't be activated lah. If Samsung wants it to be activated long time back you should get it.

IMO, to qualify as a medical-grade watch the followings have to be met

1) Must be approved by the local health authority unless she simply approved the watch based on FDA and European certifications.

2) A license needs to be issued based on the model of the watch applied for as a medical-grade device.

3) The watch needs to be calibrated every year for its accuracy as it can provide false health info and endangering the life of the user if it's out of calibration. This is especially true of electronic devices which can suffer from electronic drift as time go by.

Based on the above ASUS & SAMSUNG might not want this feature to be made available to the users considering the small market here and the license won't be cheap too.

Secondly, the user is unlikely to foot that yearly watch calibration cost because smartwatches are just cheap items and new models with new/improved features are released every year or so.

:D

They recently activated for 31 countries

"Samsung Expands Vital Blood Pressure and Electrocardiogram Tracking to Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 in 31 More Countries"

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...and-galaxy-watch-active2-in-31-more-countries

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

They recently activated for 31 countries

"Samsung Expands Vital Blood Pressure and Electrocardiogram Tracking to Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 in 31 More Countries"

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...and-galaxy-watch-active2-in-31-more-countries

Quote from the link

This will now allow users in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK to easily and conveniently benefit from advanced blood pressure and electrocardiogram tracking.

Unquote

You see Singapore inside the list? Stop consoling yourself, ok?

:s8:

jess_sy

Reaction score
Quote from the link

This will now allow users in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK to easily and conveniently benefit from advanced blood pressure and electrocardiogram tracking.

Unquote

You see Singapore inside the list? Stop consoling yourself, ok?

Did i even say Singapore will have in the first place. So idk why you are the one who keep thinking about that.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Did i even say Singapore will have in the first place. So idk why you are the one who keep thinking about that.

It's not "thinking about that". Just go and ask Samsung store personnel and see when the features like BP and ECG will be available. Ask them to confirm and see.

Samsung Watch 4 will be releasing soon and the Watch 2 still don't have the features. You say lah

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung brings 128GB Galaxy S21 and S21+, Mystic Navy Tab S7 series, and Rose Gold Galaxy Watch Active2 to Singapore

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-samsung-brings-128gb-galaxy-s21-and-s21-mystic-navy-tab-s7-series-and-rose-gold-galaxy-wat

rosegold-active2.jpg

From article

The Galaxy Watch Active2 BT (40mm) gets a new colour to its stable. Technically, it's two colours, since the strap comes in Violet while the watch case comes in Rose Gold.

It's officially available now at S$398, over at the Samsung Online Store and Samsung Experience Stores.

anzothecharmed

Reaction score
Anyone using the LTE version with M1? Can activate the esim using non samsung phone? Singtel and starhub mentioned can activate using any android phone.. But M1 website stated need Samsung phone. From what I understand the activation is using Samsung wearable app.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
My wife's Active2 decided to die after a watersports activity at ECP. She washed the watch with clean water as per manual, but no use. Any idea how much Samsung will charge for repair?

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife's Active2 decided to die after a watersports activity at ECP. She washed the watch with clean water as per manual, but no use. Any idea how much Samsung will charge for repair?
Active 2 water proof rating is not meant for full water sports as my watch went bonker before warranty ends as I wash it with little soap and water quickly sometime after work out .. The back of the watch some how the chemical got in told by the customer service ... Luckily I got warranty left and fix for free with most parts replaced It is not worth to repair the watch if no warranty as per my suggestion.. New one is about $200 online shops

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Active 2 water proof rating is not meant for full water sports as my watch went bonker before warranty ends as I wash it with little soap and water quickly sometime after work out .. The back of the watch some how the chemical got in told by the customer service ... Luckily I got warranty left and fix for free with most parts replaced It is not worth to repair the watch if no warranty as per my suggestion.. New one is about $200 online shops
Thanks. That's why I thought - to buy a new one instead :cry:
I should have advised her not to bring it along. I was under the impression that it's IP rating is good enough for shallow submersions.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score

if u go carousell see, less than $200.. many ppl offloading as it's a free gift when buy S21..

Thanks. That's why I thought - to buy a new one instead :cry:
I should have advised her not to bring it along. I was under the impression that it's IP rating is good enough for shallow submersions.

if got warranty, yes let them repair. basically they will change almost everything except ur strap lol..
if not just buy new 1 lo.. but if i were u, i would try to contact Samsung, see if they can do anything first.. no point trying la..

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
if u go carousell see, less than $200.. many ppl offloading as it's a free gift when buy S21..

I have been looking around Carousell. It's flooded with black! I'm looking for silver :cry:
Will check with Samsung first...

Haman

Reaction score
Hi does ECG and Blood Pressure monitor work with non-Samsung phone? Can it be sideloaded with a Pixel phone? Thanks.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi does ECG and Blood Pressure monitor work with non-Samsung phone? Can it be sideloaded with a Pixel phone? Thanks.
Didn't work when I use Xiaomi you can try to side load

Haman

Reaction score
Didn't work when I use Xiaomi you can try to side load
I haven't buy yet, still using Gear Sport. If really need a Samsung phone to have ECG and blood pressure, then looks like no point to buy this. Better buy others like a Garmin or Fitbit? No doubt, watch active 2 is one of the cheapest one can find in Carousel now, around 160 onwards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.