Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine also cant detect. Keep asking me to wet my fingers and wear the watch for more than 10mins (wore it the whole day).

The bp monotor is quite accurate though.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Active 2 water proof rating is not meant for full water sports as my watch went bonker before warranty ends as I wash it with little soap and water quickly sometime after work out .. The back of the watch some how the chemical got in told by the customer service ... Luckily I got warranty left and fix for free with most parts replaced It is not worth to repair the watch if no warranty as per my suggestion.. New one is about $200 online shops

They let you claim warranty despite they knew its a "water damage"?

Mine have some brown stains at the inner layer of the heart rate sensor. I suspect might be due to sweat. Quite disappointed despite taking care of the watch based on recommendations from Samsung. It's just stains. The watch is still functioning well thankfully.

Only used the watch for 3 months. Only use the watch for runs, not even swimming or submerging it in water.

So much for this watch to be advertised as a fitness watch. If cannot even withstand sweat resistant, how did it even get its IP68 rating.

Probably will bring it in one of these days and let them see what they can do. Hopefully they dont tell me its not covered.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They let you claim warranty despite they knew its a "water damage"?

Mine have some brown stains at the inner layer of the heart rate sensor. I suspect might be due to sweat. Quite disappointed despite taking care of the watch based on recommendations from Samsung. It's just stains. The watch is still functioning well thankfully.

Only used the watch for 3 months. Only use the watch for runs, not even swimming or submerging it in water.

So much for this watch to be advertised as a fitness watch. If cannot even withstand sweat resistant, how did it even get its IP68 rating.

Probably will bring it in one of these days and let them see what they can do. Hopefully they dont tell me its not covered.
If your watch is under warranty it will cover

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your watch is under warranty it will cover
Yea, my watch is still under warranty.

Thanks for the advice. Will drop by one day to try my luck.

Which service centre you went to by the way?

aardvarkgeo

Reaction score
Update works fine so far, you get a new app on the watch Samsung Health Monitor, when clicked it downloads the app for the phone as well. ECG seems to work well. I don't have a blood pressure monitor to calibrate the watch though.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

jess_sy

Reaction score
Mine also cant detect. Keep asking me to wet my fingers and wear the watch for more than 10mins (wore it the whole day).

The bp monotor is quite accurate though.
Same issues. Sadly my watch out of warranty already :cry:

Gerald9696

Reaction score
How do I update? If I'm using an non Samsung Android phone, can I still enjoy the new features? Can't seem to find the app in the galaxy app store on the wearable app

jess_sy

Reaction score
How do I update? If I'm using an non Samsung Android phone, can I still enjoy the new features? Can't seem to find the app in the galaxy app store on the wearable app
You will need a Samsung Galaxy Phone to work

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no, thinking of buying the watch but I'm using realme.
I think jess meant you need a Samsung phone to use ECG and BP monitoring. If you are using it purely as a fotness tracker/smart watch, it should be compatible with your RealMe.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think jess meant you need a Samsung phone to use ECG and BP monitoring. If you are using it purely as a fotness tracker/smart watch, it should be compatible with your RealMe.
I'm interested in bp monitoring. Already using Fitbit versa.

Thanks

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if buy online can anot ah ... i see shopee like $200+ leh ... i scared fake one :(

Those usually are the units which people resell to the shops when they get their free gift from Samsung (either TV purchase or S21 Ultra). I think should be fine as long as it is a local set and the shop issue you warranty.

I got mine from Shopee too from one of such "cheaper" deals. I have no problems at least with warranty registration. Can claim or not, i dont know yet.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those usually are the units which people resell to the shops when they get their free gift from Samsung (either TV purchase or S21 Ultra). I think should be fine as long as it is a local set and the shop issue you warranty.

I got mine from Shopee too from one of such "cheaper" deals. I have no problems at least with warranty registration. Can claim or not, i dont know yet.
I bought active from qoo10 long time ago from megashop which is local so there is warranty. I already fix the watch 2x due to water issue.. Phone loop reboot..

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought active from qoo10 long time ago from megashop which is local so there is warranty. I already fix the watch 2x due to water issue.. Phone loop reboot..
Wah, 2 x water issue. The QC for the water proofing really that bad?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.