Samsung Galaxy Watch4

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am search for smartwatch with the following features:
1) Camera, can allow me easily to take photo of the surrounding
2) Can detach the camera from the strap.
3) Can easily allow me to view the google map for the location
4) Can make phone call or view SMS
5) Can sync seamlessly with Xiaomi device.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Just gotten watch 4 44mm 2 days back.
Anyone here doesn't like the original strap like me? I thought the watch 2 active strap was more comfortable.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am considering a 40mm Watch 4 but just wondering if I can buy Amazfit GTR 2e/2/3 instead?

OS differences aside, wonder if speaker and onboard storage are really that important? I've never stored music on my watch before, and the only use I had for speaker was alarms, but it vibrates also on my wrist (usually wear to sleep for tracking)... so thinking if can save money, might as well?

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Korea set and international set got any diff beside the Samsung pay not supported?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
am considering a 40mm Watch 4 but just wondering if I can buy Amazfit GTR 2e/2/3 instead?

OS differences aside, wonder if speaker and onboard storage are really that important? I've never stored music on my watch before, and the only use I had for speaker was alarms, but it vibrates also on my wrist (usually wear to sleep for tracking)... so thinking if can save money, might as well?
Amazfit software pales in comparison. You need to download another app called Zepp for the watch and it won't sync to Samsung Health. Software wise really lose out to galaxy watch, only upside is cheap.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazfit software pales in comparison. You need to download another app called Zepp for the watch and it won't sync to Samsung Health. Software wise really lose out to galaxy watch, only upside is cheap.
thank you. maybe another upside is that Amazfit also can be used with both Android and iOS, whereas I heard the Watch 4 is only compatible with Android... the price difference is almost double tho between say an Amazfit GTS 2 and a 40mm Watch 4. But I will continue to think. I know Watch 4 is probably the best and most well-rounded at this time...

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RedWhite from time to time have 2nd hand sets with warranty remaining for sale at quite decent prices. If one doesn't mind 2nd hand then can consider that instead of going for korean export sets.
J4dJBya.jpg

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watch 4 Classic 46mm BT korean set currently going @ $350 after coupon on Qoo10. Can go even lower if you utilise qpoints, qcoins/gift card discount or cc rebate. Next cheaper korean seller listing is selling at about $60-70 more for the same model.
1Vtbn3B.jpg

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4: Complete Scientific Review​

According to the above YT the Watch 4 is NOT RECOMMENDED to buy as a health device

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy Watch 4 overheats

When I tried to use my Galaxy Watch 4 on a run, it couldn't stay powered on long enough to track my workout. Powering off multiple times due to overheating, eventually, I left the watch off. That is unacceptable. Unfortunately, even when trying to leave my phone behind, not during a workout, and utilize a feature I bout the watch for, it would overheat. The Galaxy Watch 5 needs to resolve this issue.

Unquote

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-5-5-features-we-want-see

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing about inaccurate SPO2, BP, EGC, HR etc readings, if its paramount to one's health aka life and death, would one be so dumb to rely on a smartwatch for measurements? Go and get professional equipment more suited for the task lar.

For me the absolute deal breaker stopping me from getting the watch 4 is the torrid battery life, but this is an issue plaguing pretty much every smartwatch out there running on WearOS. Also browsing through reddit and xda forums, there are a slew of complaints from users saying google pay just randomly stop working on their watch 4 and the only solution is to factory reset the watch. I need the convenience of nfc payment through google pay so this is a big NONO for me.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing about inaccurate SPO2, BP, EGC, HR etc readings, if its paramount to one's health aka life and death, would one be so dumb to rely on a smartwatch for measurements? Go and get professional equipment more suited for the task lar.

For me the absolute deal breaker stopping me from getting the watch 4 is the torrid battery life, but this is an issue plaguing pretty much every smartwatch out there running on WearOS. Also browsing through reddit and xda forums, there are a slew of complaints from users saying google pay just randomly stop working on their watch 4 and the only solution is to factory reset the watch. I need the convenience of nfc payment through google pay so this is a big NONO for me.
Apple smartwatch gives better accuracy for measuring health vital signs than Samsung

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.