Samsung Galaxy Watch5

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Watch5. Due to myself using both Apple and Samsung, my Apple Watch Ultra is my main watch and using it daily. But I also want to use the Watch5 too for different purpose, not sure if double-wristing might be a good idea or not.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Watch5. Due to myself using both Apple and Samsung, my Apple Watch Ultra is my main watch and using it daily. But I also want to use the Watch5 too for different purpose, not sure if double-wristing might be a good idea or not.
Saw one uncle jogging with two trackers on each arm

natas

Reaction score

What is the "purpose" of watch5 which apple watch can't do? or what apple watch can while watch5 can't? It is weird to see someone wearing 2 watches.... :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the "purpose" of watch5 which apple watch can't do? or what apple watch can while watch5 can't? It is weird to see someone wearing 2 watches.... :D

Tried a few times wearing both, need some getting used to. Since bought already, must use.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros here using watch 5 Pro with non Samsung phone? Wanted to know the differences if using non Samsung phone. Any drawback...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to ask something regarding using SimplyGo. Can I use on both phone and watch? Or can only set to either one? Currently it's set to phone but I can't find a way to set on watch.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros here using watch 5 Pro with non Samsung phone? Wanted to know the differences if using non Samsung phone. Any drawback...
Used to use with pixel 7. Officially no ECG and blood pressure support. But got work around to get them to work on non Samsung phones.

FragRot

Reaction score
I keep getting 'This didn't work' error when using my galaxy watch 5 pro especially at 7-11 and DTL/NEL MRT. I already tried removing and adding the card back. Anyone could help me on this? Does switching to samsung pay as an alternative help?

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I keep getting 'This didn't work' error when using my galaxy watch 5 pro especially at 7-11 and DTL/NEL MRT. I already tried removing and adding the card back. Anyone could help me on this? Does switching to samsung pay as an alternative help?
If its error when trying to use NFC on your watch 5 pro, try this method and see if the solves the problem or not. The NFC on galaxy watches does seem abit finnicky.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/samsung-galaxy-watch5.6738436/post-144381979

timothylry

Reaction score
Need to ask something regarding using SimplyGo. Can I use on both phone and watch? Or can only set to either one? Currently it's set to phone but I can't find a way to set on watch.
I thought the SimplyGo thing is tied to your card? Then the card is under apple/samsung wallet. When you tap at the gantry using the wallet it just shows SimplyGo.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the SimplyGo thing is tied to your card? Then the card is under apple/samsung wallet. When you tap at the gantry using the wallet it just shows SimplyGo.

Correct, but it’s set to use on my phone. When I tried tapping it with the watch, no respond.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SimplyGo is nothing more than the branding of an app for you to track usage history. Its not a payment gateway for NFC transactions. If want to use galaxy smartwatch for transport payment, can only make use of google wallet and samsung wallet.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm that is weird indeed. And other transactions through your watch 5 Samsung wallet work, only MRT/Bus doesn't?

Yup, wireless payment on my watch no issue. Just tapping for transport doesn't seem to respond. By right it should work right? Tomorrow I'll try again.

Edit: I just tried and it works! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

a205mzz

Reaction score
Guys: need some help to setup the blood pressure monitor on Samsung Watch 5 (BT) and pair to S23. I cannot locate anything for blood pressure setup. Any advice? Thank You.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys: need some help to setup the blood pressure monitor on Samsung Watch 5 (BT) and pair to S23. I cannot locate anything for blood pressure setup. Any advice? Thank You.
Pair your watch to the phone using wearable app on phone. Then use Samsung health monitor app on phone - 3 dots - recalibrate watch. Is your watch local set?

a205mzz

Reaction score
got it from carousell, was told free bundle with s23. REGISTERED warranty locally online with Samsung and all good - I assume it is legit local set. Just a note, it is watch 5 Bluetooth non-LTE version.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.