Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nPj5NUM.jpg

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Vismark

Reaction score
Anyone have the issue of when your phone is fully open flat but the system thinks you are in Flex Mode?
Just start to have this issue this few days. I restart my phone but after few hours it the issue come back agian.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the issue of when your phone is fully open flat but the system thinks you are in Flex Mode?
Just start to have this issue this few days. I restart my phone but after few hours it the issue come back agian.

Mine so far ok, no issues.

Vismark

Reaction score
Mine so far ok, no issues.
Went down to service centre on Friday and the staff say my display is flickering and that might be the cause of it. Ask me to schedule for a come to house and repair de service ASAP. Honestly I can't see the flickering myself but anyway manage to make an appointment on this Tuesday.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went down to service centre on Friday and the staff say my display is flickering and that might be the cause of it. Ask me to schedule for a come to house and repair de service ASAP. Honestly I can't see the flickering myself but anyway manage to make an appointment on this Tuesday.

Hope all turns out well, perhaps some connection issue internally or might even be the screen itself.

Vismark

Reaction score
Hope all turns out well, perhaps some connection issue internally or might even be the screen itself.

The technician came today and changed my battery and some components inside.
He say should be the connecting ribbon wear and tear hence it can't detect that the phone is fully open.

But sadly, the issue came back again just now. This time it think its in flex mode and also when I close the phone the screen is still on inside.
Just did a restart. Wait tomorrow see if problem will come back again anot.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The technician came today and changed my battery and some components inside.
He say should be the connecting ribbon wear and tear hence it can't detect that the phone is fully open.

But sadly, the issue came back again just now. This time it think its in flex mode and also when I close the phone the screen is still on inside.
Just did a restart. Wait tomorrow see if problem will come back again anot.

Wow...hope Samsung didn't botch the repair job, that shouldn't be happening.

Vismark

Reaction score
Wow...hope Samsung didn't botch the repair job, that shouldn't be happening.
According to the technician its a hardware issue and he changed those part. And I can feel the difference too on the hinge as it feels like the first time I open and close my Z flip.
Now I wonder if it could be a software issue instead.

Not really a big hassle on flex mode, just that no full screen when its on camera or gallery.
And also occasionally the flex mode icon popping out on those apps without flex mode.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the technician its a hardware issue and he changed those part. And I can feel the difference too on the hinge as it feels like the first time I open and close my Z flip.
Now I wonder if it could be a software issue instead.

Not really a big hassle on flex mode, just that no full screen when its on camera or gallery.
And also occasionally the flex mode icon popping out on those apps without flex mode.

But use won't be shiok mah, it's not functioning as intended.

Vismark

Reaction score
But use won't be shiok mah, it's not functioning as intended.
Ya lor use liao abit pek cek.

Anyway both the problem just came back after I restart my phone on Tuesday.
Gonna go down to Vivo Samsung tomorrow and let them check what happen.

Edit: The phone back to okay again wor, without me restarting it.
Took a nap wake up and now when folded it will know and no longer in flex mode when phone is fully open too.

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor use liao abit pek cek.

Anyway both the problem just came back after I restart my phone on Tuesday.
Gonna go down to Vivo Samsung tomorrow and let them check what happen.

Edit: The phone back to okay again wor, without me restarting it.
Took a nap wake up and now when folded it will know and no longer in flex mode when phone is fully open too.

Seems like it's ok now, need to monitor further and also no need to make any wasted trip down to check, unless it's recurring.

Vismark

Reaction score
Seems like it's ok now, need to monitor further and also no need to make any wasted trip down to check, unless it's recurring.
Hmm.. Okay.
Was thinking also if I should make my trip down anot tomorrow.
But jiu shi scare later it come back again and become a recurring problem.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Okay.
Was thinking also if I should make my trip down anot tomorrow.
But jiu shi scare later it come back again and become a recurring problem.

It’s up to you. If you’ve the time then why not.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.