Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3: Rumours, News and Discussions

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick check. May I know who are on M1 here?
I suddenly realised the VOLTE is missing in my fold 3 and couldn;t find the setting too.
Did you try to restart your phone?

Else it can be found in settings > connections > mobile networks > volte calls sim 1.

But it's enabled and greyed out for me.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you try to restart your phone?

Else it can be found in settings > connections > mobile networks > volte calls sim 1.

But it's enabled and greyed out for me.
Yes.. it suddenly appear back after i update the software.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
quick check. May I know who are on M1 here?
I suddenly realised the VOLTE is missing in my fold 3 and couldn;t find the setting too.

Updated: VoLTE setting now shown after i updated the phone to latest software
no issue for me

fan321

Reaction score
Same problem here after 15 months (warranty out). It is definitely not software upgrade issue. Came across a ton of people having this no sound problem when unfolded. You can use bluetooth for the audio when unfolded. Prior to this sound problem the screen turns black on the inner screen.

This will be a common issue down the road for fold 3. Same issue as Note 9 with the screen resolution faded. However, this fold 3 is not cheap if sent in for repair.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same problem here after 15 months (warranty out). It is definitely not software upgrade issue. Came across a ton of people having this no sound problem when unfolded. You can use bluetooth for the audio when unfolded. Prior to this sound problem the screen turns black on the inner screen.

This will be a common issue down the road for fold 3. Same issue as Note 9 with the screen resolution faded. However, this fold 3 is not cheap if sent in for repair.
Never encountered that... but I may need to visit samsung care soon... to change the lcd, as now it had a black U in the middle.
IMG-20230203-144733.jpg

Last edited:

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick check.

Can check if you can see this settings.
Auto restart at set time.

Couldn't find this setting any more.. I wanna change this. But Couldn't find it any more...

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never encountered that... but I may need to visit samsung care soon... to change the lcd, as now it had a black U in the middle.
IMG-20230203-144733.jpg
did ur SP peel off at that area?
Read that if SP peels, faster replace it or remove it totally. If not, when folded, the SP (with is not sticking to the screen) will cause pressure on the screen & damages it.

SP peels is common for folding phones, mine peeled as well just after 10mth, i got it replaced at Samsung (free) then sold it. cos if after warranty, repairs will be damn ex

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did ur SP peel off at that area?
Read that if SP peels, faster replace it or remove it totally. If not, when folded, the SP (with is not sticking to the screen) will cause pressure on the screen & damages it.

SP peels is common for folding phones, mine peeled as well just after 10mth, i got it replaced at Samsung (free) then sold it. cos if after warranty, repairs will be damn ex
Did not peel. But went down once last Yr to change the screen protector...

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
I just received the OneUI 5.1 update.
I just received a notification about the update as well.
As usual, I will clear the cache partition after each update.

Bye Fold 3. Traded in for S23 Ultra...
I am waiting to see what Fold 5 is offering.

S23 Ultra camera functions are top notch and there is a built-in S Pen slot (aka Note series style)

Fold 5 is rumoured not to have a built-in S Pen slot.
A built-in S Pen slot is speculated to be available for Fold 6.

I am not expecting the camera for Fold 5 to be on par with the S23 Ultra.
The past trend shows that the Fold series camera is not on par with the S series Ultra.

mikeymesina

Reaction score
Flex mode stopped working for me after updating to UI5.1. I've done reboot and wipe cache a couple of times and it's still the same. Anyone else having this issue?

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Keep prompting me to install 5.1
But will hold on to 5.0 for a little while....

mikeymesina

Reaction score
A few issues came up after updating to 5.1, including flex mode not working, not switching from front screen to inner screen and speaker not working if screen is completely unfolded. A factory reset solved some issues except for the sound problem. I sent it in to Samsung service last Saturday. I got it back Sunday after they replaced the inner screen and battery. It feels like a brand new phone! Luckily I bought Care+ which extended my warranty to 24 months, so I didn't pay anything.

progene

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Fold 3 really need to pay a visit to samsung... now wifi spoil. Cannot even turn on.

And my replacement phone is still shipping from China...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.