Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3: Rumours, News and Discussions

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Anyone thinks the care+ package is a rip off compared to Apple care?

If any repair not covered by warranty we have to pay 50%. So you pay "insurance" of $199 to claim $350 for main screen repair. That is a mind blowing ridiculous insurance premium to pay.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If any repair not covered by warranty we have to pay 50%. So you pay "insurance" of $199 to claim $350 for main screen repair. That is a mind blowing ridiculous insurance premium to pay.
Got it free, else I wouldn't bother with care+.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score

Apple Care+
https://www.apple.com/sg/support/products/iphone/

"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support"

"Up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of S$42 for screen or back glass damage, or S$148 for any other damage"

Samsung Care+
https://www.samsung.com/sg/offer/samsung-care-plus/

"1 time complimentary screen protective film replacement for cover screen and main screen ( up to 2 times for 24M)"

"50% off out-of-warranty repairs"

Which Care+ is more value-for money?
You can decide for yourself.....

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Apple Care+
https://www.apple.com/sg/support/products/iphone/

"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support"

"Up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of S$42 for screen or back glass damage, or S$148 for any other damage"

Samsung Care+
https://www.samsung.com/sg/offer/samsung-care-plus/

"1 time complimentary screen protective film replacement for cover screen and main screen ( up to 2 times for 24M)"

"50% off out-of-warranty repairs"

Which Care+ is more value-for money?
You can decide for yourself.....
That's why I'm saying Samsung care+ sucks big time. For accidental damage, Apple care you only pay $42 to get screen repair whereas we have to pay $350 to replace fold3 main screen.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm saying Samsung care+ sucks big time. For accidental damage, Apple care you only pay $42 to get screen repair whereas we have to pay $350 to replace fold3 main screen.
You have to consider the complexity of the repair.

Screen repair for Samsung Z Fold 3 is not just a screen repair.
The screen is attached to other components of the phone (eg motherboard).
Essentially, you are replacing a lot of components in addition to "just the screen"
The cost of repair is high due to the interlinking of components and replacement of the entire interlinked components.

JerryRigEverything has done a teardown of the Z Fold 3 and showed how the components are interlinked.

tazy_tazy

Reaction score
Actually I don't understand how it works. Basically your phone have 1 year warranty and u have samsung care + for 1 year. So if your inner screen break down now, it is consider under warranty or out of warranty? The price listed on samsung website is for out of warranty prices....

Zerobim08

Reaction score
You have to consider the complexity of the repair.

Screen repair for Samsung Z Fold 3 is not just a screen repair.
The screen is attached to other components of the phone (eg motherboard).
Essentially, you are replacing a lot of components in addition to "just the screen"
The cost of repair is high due to the interlinking of components and replacement of the entire interlinked components.

JerryRigEverything has done a teardown of the Z Fold 3 and showed how the components are interlinked.

That's not the issue. Price of repair already stated. Why the big difference in payout. I think the stated repair cost of iphone screen is also very high. But iphone owner only pays $42 flat instead of 50% in our case.

Actually I don't understand how it works. Basically your phone have 1 year warranty and u have samsung care + for 1 year. So if your inner screen break down now, it is consider under warranty or out of warranty? The price listed on samsung website is for out of warranty prices....

If you break the screen accidentally and not due to defect, standard warranty will not cover. Care+ give you 50% discount repair which is rip off compared to Apple care flat fee $42.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Basically with SC+, we have 50% off repair cost for accidental cracked screen which is considered out of warranty repair. With that term "out of warranty" it means out of the warranty range of repair coverage like components spoilt, and not "out of the warranty date period" of 1 year starting from the day that you first purchased your phone.

Those w/o SC+ would have to fork out $169/$659 (outer/inner screen) for screen repairs. The one year normal Samsung warranty only covers hardware failure - components break down, screen can't turn on etc. For comparison sake ZF2 screen repair cost is $189/$779. ZF1 is $189/$799.

Those of us with SC+ would enjoy 50% off - after discount $84.5/$329.5 for screen crack repairs. Their SC+ runs concurrently with the normal warranty for 1 year. Its not an extension of another year (making it a total of 2 years) like applecare+.

So SC+ 1 year cost $199. 2 years sc+ cost $349. You now have an option to top up $150 extend it to 2yrs.

Last edited:

Kel1ng

Reaction score
That's not the issue. Price of repair already stated. Why the big difference in payout. I think the stated repair cost of iphone screen is also very high. But iphone owner only pays $42 flat instead of 50% in our case.

If you break the screen accidentally and not due to defect, standard warranty will not cover. Care+ give you 50% discount repair which is rip off compared to Apple care flat fee $42.
Apple got 7.6" foldable screen devices meh? How to compare apple to orange?:spin: What you fail to mention is that different series for Samsung devices have different care+ price......S and note series is $100.....A series price ranges from $30 to $50

Last edited:

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually samsung very smart to capture market share. In order to entice iPhone users to come and try zf3 they give out freebies which includes the sc+ this year. As compared to zf2 last year, don't have such privilege of foc sc+.

Now when we're talking about cost of repair comparison both with the "+ coverage": for 13PM if you drop and crack your screen one time in the 1st yr, you pay $368 (cost of ac+) + $42 (admin fee) =$410. Zf3 pay $84.5/$329.5 (outer/inner screen). Total of $414 if both outer and inner screen cracked. If its inner screen crack only its $329.5. Since we have the complimentary foc sc+ for the 1st year. Since we're already on the boat of free complimentary sc+, we only have to fork out $414 if both screens are cracked. Compared to the $410 calculation for iPhone 13PM screen repair...its actually $4 difference bro.

If 2nd year you drop your zf3 phone and didn't buy the extended sc+ for the 2nd yr, gg. Gonna pay $169/$659 (outer/inner screen).

Then again, Samsung is very confident that ardent Fold fans will buy their zf4 next year, and so on and so forth for zf5, 6, 7. Hence they didn't "force you to pay for an extended 2nd year sc+ which you don't need".

I'm an iPhone lover all along btw. Who just happens to love the Fold series too from Samsung, coz I don't need to bring out my iPad Air to play clash of clans. The new iPad mini seems enticing for form and compact factor. Still, have to bring out both devices - the iPhone 13PM and which ever iPad in order for me to play my game.

There are those days when you need something just to grab and go, phone and tablet in one, lightweight, simple and easy. And zf3 comes to ur mind. 😊

monkeykong60

Reaction score

1YOYEHJ.jpg

I send in my Fold 3 on tuesday and just gotten it back yesterday, so I roughly know why the repair cost for the fold 3 screen is very expensive

Long story short after using my fold 3 for a week or 2, the top and bottom rubber seal loosen and 1 small part of the bottom bezel goes under the main screen

mwwHcRy.jpg

So I send it in for servicing and luckily they say this 2 problems is covered under warranty, and when they ask me to do a factory reset on my phone, i was confuse because I thought it was just a simple screen replacement

And when I got back, I was shocked that my phone feel brand new with all the new plastic protector, so they told me the repair was very complex that they have to replace new parts for almost everything, from the fold back/side casing and the fold hinge, basically the technician have to open up the entire phone to repair the screen thus i believe why the repair cost for the inner screen is so expensive

And btw they even give me a free pouch (But too bad can't fit my Fold 3 or flip 3 but its better than nothing

monkeykong60

Reaction score
Still it is deceptive marketing. Like you got $199 "free" but in actual fact it is probably worth 1/4 of that.

I think we should call Samsung out on this.

You can't really compare the fold/flip screen repair with apple as apple does not have any foldable screen product

If you really want to compare, you compare literally apple to apple (EG you can compare samsung S21 Ultra repair with Iphone)

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
1YOYEHJ.jpg

I send in my Fold 3 on tuesday and just gotten it back yesterday, so I roughly know why the repair cost for the fold 3 screen is very expensive

Long story short after using my fold 3 for a week or 2, the top and bottom rubber seal loosen and 1 small part of the bottom bezel goes under the main screen

mwwHcRy.jpg

So I send it in for servicing and luckily they say this 2 problems is covered under warranty, and when they ask me to do a factory reset on my phone, i was confuse because I thought it was just a simple screen replacement

And when I got back, I was shocked that my phone feel brand new with all the new plastic protector, so they told me the repair was very complex that they have to replace new parts for almost everything, from the fold back/side casing and the fold hinge, basically the technician have to open up the entire phone to repair the screen thus i believe why the repair cost for the inner screen is so expensive

And btw they even give me a free pouch (But too bad can't fit my Fold 3 or flip 3 but its better than nothing
wow at least its under warranty. so u didnt use up the 1 time out of warranty discount right? i read the fine print. batt / screen / cosmetic all count as out of warranty and care+ only offer 1x 50% discount.

Reaction score
1YOYEHJ.jpg

mwwHcRy.jpg

Thats right. My zf1 last time hinge was loose .. just nice screen also got issues. So i sent in, .. vame back brand new with new hinge, screen, sp etc.

karloil

Reaction score
Experienced this with Samsung as well, complained that my 1 month old Note 9 paint chipped. So they replaced the whole chassis, battery and other parts glued to the chassis for free. Came with the plastic protectors as well.

Reaction score
nice. mine still dont have tho.
Funny leh .. mine also can update yesterday..

Not sure placebo effect ... my battery life seems to have improved :)

RamPlus not sure have difference or not since i have 6GB+ of free ram... maybe need test using multitasking apps

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.