Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3: Rumours, News and Discussions

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Actually samsung very smart to capture market share. In order to entice iPhone users to come and try zf3 they give out freebies which includes the sc+ this year. As compared to zf2 last year, don't have such privilege of foc sc+.

Now when we're talking about cost of repair comparison both with the "+ coverage": for 13PM if you drop and crack your screen one time in the 1st yr, you pay $368 (cost of ac+) + $42 (admin fee) =$410. Zf3 pay $84.5/$329.5 (outer/inner screen). Total of $414 if both outer and inner screen cracked. If its inner screen crack only its $329.5. Since we have the complimentary foc sc+ for the 1st year. Since we're already on the boat of free complimentary sc+, we only have to fork out $414 if both screens are cracked. Compared to the $410 calculation for iPhone 13PM screen repair...its actually $4 difference bro.

If 2nd year you drop your zf3 phone and didn't buy the extended sc+ for the 2nd yr, gg. Gonna pay $169/$659 (outer/inner screen).

Then again, Samsung is very confident that ardent Fold fans will buy their zf4 next year, and so on and so forth for zf5, 6, 7. Hence they didn't "force you to pay for an extended 2nd year sc+ which you don't need".

I'm an iPhone lover all along btw. Who just happens to love the Fold series too from Samsung, coz I don't need to bring out my iPad Air to play clash of clans. The new iPad mini seems enticing for form and compact factor. Still, have to bring out both devices - the iPhone 13PM and which ever iPad in order for me to play my game.

There are those days when you need something just to grab and go, phone and tablet in one, lightweight, simple and easy. And zf3 comes to ur mind. 😊

I understand what you are saying.

I just making a point that Samsung is deceptive. SC+ is supposed to "worth" $199 for a 1 year. But it is definitely not worth that at all. Yes, we got it for free (supposedly a incentive to tempt you), but still it is a an ridiculous pricing compared to Apple care (which btw gives you 2 out of warranty repair per year).

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying.

I just making a point that Samsung is deceptive. SC+ is supposed to "worth" $199 for a 1 year. But it is definitely not worth that at all. Yes, we got it for free (supposedly a incentive to tempt you), but still it is a an ridiculous pricing compared to Apple care (which btw gives you 2 out of warranty repair per year).

free is free. the oni issue is that it oni cover 1x 50% discount (screen). if u kenna 2nd time need replacement (battery) , the coverage is gone liao.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I don't understand how it works. Basically your phone have 1 year warranty and u have samsung care + for 1 year. So if your inner screen break down now, it is consider under warranty or out of warranty? The price listed on samsung website is for out of warranty prices....
battery, screen and a lot of other things is out of warranty.

u can just attempt to extend another year and u can see in the terms n conditions .

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Funny leh .. mine also can update yesterday..

Not sure placebo effect ... my battery life seems to have improved :)

RamPlus not sure have difference or not since i have 6GB+ of free ram... maybe need test using multitasking apps

just got the prompt to update today.

Ihaveaplan

Reaction score
Order issues aside, how's the experience of using this phone? Currently an iphone user thinking of making the switch to fold 3

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
October software patch for Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
LOL.... the September software patch was just released a couple of days ago for the Z Fold 3 and now the October patch is released...

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Order issues aside, how's the experience of using this phone? Currently an iphone user thinking of making the switch to fold 3
I just got 2 days ago. I'm liking it very much. You can do much more with the big screen. Now using true multi tasking is the norm unlike before.

At first I was worried about weight and holding the unfolded screen with one hand but turns out to be non issue.

Iphone is over priced in Singapore. You can buy the fold3 for about same price as iphone pro max. But the fold 3 is so much more functional and fun.

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Battery life really good. 4hrs+ SOT (using big screen mostly) and still left 41% battery.

Last edited:

karloil

Reaction score
I'm getting 8+ hours before the September update. Looking forward to pushing it to 10 after the update ;)

Reaction score
Battery life really good. 4hrs+ SOT (using big screen mostly) and still left 41% battery.

What was ur brightness %? I noticed more SOT for mine when using about 60% brightness for the Sep update.

However when i ramp to 70-80% brightness, then SOT stays roughly the same... need test more for this.

karloil

Reaction score

chichichacha

Reaction score
I actually can't wait for the upcoming phones that Samsung will be producing for the next years to come, none of their products have disappointed me. Ever since my switch from iPhone to Samsung I can never go back, Samsung is just too good.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
oh no..... I just discovered my phone has a few tiny depression marks on my inner screen at the top, right, and bottom edges.

Not sure is it only at the screen protector layer or the actual screen layer beneath the screen protector also has the tiny depression.

So, now I have 3 tiny dots of scratch marks on the aluminum frame and several small depressions on the inner screen.

This phone is indeed prone to cosmetic marks.

Just irritated by the cosmetic marks.

At least no functional effect to the phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.