Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3: Rumours, News and Discussions

Zerobim08

Reaction score
oh no..... I just discovered my phone has a few tiny depression marks on my inner screen at the top, right, and bottom edges.

Not sure is it only at the screen protector layer or the actual screen layer beneath the screen protector also has the tiny depression.

So, now I have 3 tiny dots of scratch marks on the aluminum frame and several small depressions on the inner screen.

This phone is indeed prone to cosmetic marks.

Just irritated by the cosmetic marks.

At least no functional effect to the phone.
Did you buy from shop or online?

I ordered online singtel and it looks pristine. Shrink-wrapped sealed. Think like come straight from factory without any singtel bundled apps.

justxsongs

Reaction score
No doubt this update improve my phone battery life.
Using abt 30mins SOT only drop from 100%-95% when watching tiktok. (Previously already drop to 90%)
Furthermore i using 5G (not wifi) and bluetooth on all the way.
Usually i get abt 5hr SOT including 12 hours before update, now abt 6hr SOT including 13-14 hours.
I may want to start to use the protect battery function since battery life improve quite obvious.

monkeykong60

Reaction score
oh no..... I just discovered my phone has a few tiny depression marks on my inner screen at the top, right, and bottom edges.

Not sure is it only at the screen protector layer or the actual screen layer beneath the screen protector also has the tiny depression.

So, now I have 3 tiny dots of scratch marks on the aluminum frame and several small depressions on the inner screen.

This phone is indeed prone to cosmetic marks.

Just irritated by the cosmetic marks.

At least no functional effect to the phone.

Bring it to the service centre and check if it's covered under warranty

cookie17

Reaction score
Anyone redeemed the platinum movie vouchers managed to figure out how to redeem on cathay website? Showing invalid voucher code for me. For background I'm referring to the Samsung pay promotion "unfold your surprise" using 300p redemption

crystalised

Reaction score
the site not accurate one, i dropped by plaza sing on sat to ask and they told me they had 512 in stock (not sure about now)

EDIT: on mobile so didn’t quote properly, was referring to the post about starhub’s stock

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Battery takes a hit when using 4G compared to wifi. My average SOT dropping from 7hr 40 mins to about 7hrs

vengence_angels

Reaction score
wow 7h SOT. that's amazing.

I can only get 4h 30min and that's already with the 120hz turned off.

google play services using 8% of the battery each day on average

karloil

Reaction score
wow 7h SOT. that's amazing.

I can only get 4h 30min and that's already with the 120hz turned off.

google play services using 8% of the battery each day on average

I'm was already getting 8.5ish hours SOT, No battery protection, 120hz on. Did you already install the September update?

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Over the last 6 days since I got my phone, this is the average battery. I think it is pretty good. I'm on 4G most of the time. Standby is high as I have 4 whatsapp a/c, Telegram and Galaxy watch3 connected. Hopefully can get better once battery settles in.

vengence_angels

Reaction score
i wonder what do i have to do to get the kind of SOT like you guys..

mine max 5h SOT already like 8% battery left. :ROFLMAO:

vengence_angels

Reaction score
Over the last 6 days since I got my phone, this is the average battery. I think it is pretty good. I'm on 4G most of the time. Standby is high as I have 4 whatsapp a/c, Telegram and Galaxy watch3 connected. Hopefully can get better once battery settles in.

Do you like turn off any settings?

my google play services seems to be using a fair bit of battery

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
yup. installed but not seeing any improvements.

sighhh
lolx i'm seeing 3hrs SOT . mostly reading on the kindle app and listening to tunein radio but they are using like 5% 10% batt.

it seems better after the sept update but didnt bother since i dun go out much often due to wfh .

will be a concern after wfh ends n travelling starts n i rely more n more on phone.

vengence_angels

Reaction score
could be.

it seems the trace together app is searching for bluetooth/ NFC signals all the time or something.

previously on iPhone i have to open the tracetogether app in order to scan for check in and out. but now i dont even have to unlock/wake the Fold to scan check in and out.

this is convenient but i also end up checking in to many shops that i did not even enter cause their check in scanner is place so close to the doors.

did not explore the app so maybe there could be a way to turn off the constant scanning or smth

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Do you like turn off any settings?

my google play services seems to be using a fair bit of battery
All I did was put all the apps to deep sleep in Battery except those apps that I actively use (or those that I need to have background processing or notifications). I disabled Facebook and Chrome as I don't use these two.

My google service used about 1% which is quite typical

Last edited:

Zerobim08

Reaction score
Same, not sure is it tractgt app drain battery or not.
Tracetogether do use battery but not much. Go download app DevCheck. Check what are the cpu cores frequency. If they are always stuck at 1800mhz then something is wrong (rouge apps). Normal should be fluctuating and high proportion of time should be at 691mhz.

AhKongKia

Reaction score
Tracetogether do use battery but not much. Go download app DevCheck. Check what are the cpu cores frequency. If they are always stuck at 1800mhz then something is wrong (rouge apps). Normal should be fluctuating and high proportion of time should be at 691mhz.
thanks for guiding, I tried the app. the fluctuating is 691-1094-1804mhz

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.