Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3: Rumours, News and Discussions

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i have been using fold 3 for 1 week or so, and find that a lot of apps are not design to the screen ratio of external and internal screen of the fold 3. Which makes me feel like i want to go back to the normal phone form factor. Did you guys face the same thing? If yes, how do you solve it? Or is it fold 3 is not your main phone and is a side phone.
Enable samsung labs . It will resize the app for u

calvincn

Reaction score
Found a crack in the folding area heng turns out to just be the screen protector. Went in for the 1x free replacement hassle free now looking as good as new.

ApexMan

Reaction score
Found a crack in the folding area heng turns out to just be the screen protector. Went in for the 1x free replacement hassle free now looking as good as new.

zzz look like the so call enhanced folding screen ztill fails

alvismah

Reaction score
Mine is the green set, have been using 6 months . No peeling issue

Maybe soon. Mine start to have peeling issue. Green. No drop take care phone well but still happens. When I first saw the users here posting about the peeling issue, mine was still perfect. But now it started... Gotta live with it... Really disappointed

hello123

Reaction score
Maybe soon. Mine start to have peeling issue. Green. No drop take care phone well but still happens. When I first saw the users here posting about the peeling issue, mine was still perfect. But now it started... Gotta live with it... Really disappointed
Mine still in good condition ,no peeling or screen crack issues after 7.5 months used.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
my screen protector internal lift up and start bubbling around crease uplorried within 1 day lolx. change at plaza sing service centre.

the guy keep insisting on me giving my password, write down for him and sign data loss /immunity paper or he wont proceed. :rolleyes:

maple_mak

Reaction score
my screen protector internal lift up and start bubbling around crease uplorried within 1 day lolx. change at plaza sing service centre.

the guy keep insisting on me giving my password, write down for him and sign data loss /immunity paper or he wont proceed. :rolleyes:
Is screen protector replacement free?

They want to wipe data because they are afraid your data leaked during repair by the technician, perhaps

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Is screen protector replacement free?

They want to wipe data because they are afraid your data leaked during repair by the technician, perhaps
at the end , the data also didnt wipe. he say the password is for them to do diagnostic . but jialat dunno what they do with my phone when i not around.

squid93

Master Member
Reaction score
So...
In the end, I just went to colour over the peeled spots with permanent marker. I just can't stand the silver on black.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
at the end , the data also didnt wipe. he say the password is for them to do diagnostic . but jialat dunno what they do with my phone when i not around.
lolz, next time, all the action movies and pictures put in secure folder and use a different password, you will be safe.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
lolz, next time, all the action movies and pictures put in secure folder and use a different password, you will be safe.
more like access to my email and banking apps , singpass and logins.

samsung & chrome keep backup of the password for the websites . just 1 click login for most and then sms 2fa login if u 4got the password.

worst case scenerio, the technican got acess to your phone, email n sms so they can technically change ur singpass within the 1hr or less, do whatever they wan with singpass ( bank cpf hdb ) n erase any trace before handling it back to u.

anyway its very suspicious when i think back. cos he do the diagnostic infront of me but he nvr kenna phone lock.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
jokes aside, what
more like access to my email and banking apps , singpass and logins.

samsung & chrome keep backup of the password for the websites . just 1 click login for most and then sms 2fa login if u 4got the password.

worst case scenerio, the technican got acess to your phone, email n sms so they can technically change ur singpass within the 1hr or less, do whatever they wan with singpass ( bank cpf hdb ) n erase any trace before handling it back to u.

anyway its very suspicious when i think back. cos he do the diagnostic infront of me but he nvr kenna phone lock.
Jokes aside, what you mentioned is valid though. Although we have biometric and pass/pin on some of the sensitive apps, but apps like samsung/chrome are open and contains our passwords. That's does raise a flag if we are required to give them our password to unlock the phone.

Guess next time safer to do a backup using Samsung Switch and factory reset before heading down to the customer service center.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.