Samsung Pay for transit (Tap and Go)

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Sorry guys too many pages to read through. One question. I just setup samsung pay on active 2 for my wife. So when on bus do she need to go into samsung pay apps or just scan with the watch without waking up the watch? Please advise thanks in advance

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good Samsung phone to recommend that can use NFC for.samsung pay and under $500? Thank you! :)

Reaction score
Question,
are we able to see each trip cost by using samsung pay?

so far i understand under the "transport card", u can see each of the time u tap in and out.
And the charges is lump sum in one day.
So how do we know if the charges are all correct.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question,

so far i understand under the "transport card", u can see each of the time u tap in and out.
use TL simplygo app

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question,

Can see inside samsung pay, no need other app. The ride in the below example was yesterday, but posted this morning.

eeadxi9.png

Reaction score
use TL simplygo app
when tapping, it will still be samsung pay right? so still getting the samsung pay reward.

Can see inside samsung pay, no need other app. The ride in the below example was yesterday, but posted this morning.

eeadxi9.png
how many rides that u have yesterday? just one or?

I have multiple rides yesterday, so got charged a Lump sum of 6+..

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when tapping, it will still be samsung pay right? so still getting the samsung pay reward.

how many rides that u have yesterday? just one or?

I have multiple rides yesterday, so got charged a Lump sum of 6+..
TL simplygo app is to "monitor" your primary transit card spending you have use for transport nothing to do with tapping on spay .. download and try quite detailed

Edit: simplygo is not a transit payment method as mentioned*

Last edited:
Reaction score
TL simplygo app is to monitor your primary transit card spending you have use for transport nothing to do with tapping on spay .. download and try quite detailed
i am still quite confused how the whole thing work.

i used SimplyGo before i switch to S. Pay.
I did ask in SimplyGo thread about this.
Before this, I used other android device with Google Pay and SimplyGo. I have one credit card link to this Google Pay and SimplyGo.
When tap using SimplyGo, Google Pay will appear on my phone screen. So i am wondering if SimplyGo still work if i dont have Google Pay.

So for my case now, after having Simply Go, the transport card is still "S Pay" and the transaction / spending can be tracked?

anyway, i guess no harm to miss a few reward to find out how this work.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you need Google pay/Samsung pay/singtel dash to use paywave

if without any of the above platform,not possible to use simplygo
the latter is an app to track your transport fares

Reaction score
TL simplygo app is to "monitor" your primary transit card spending you have use for transport nothing to do with tapping on spay .. download and try quite detailed

Edit: simplygo is not a transit payment method as mentioned*

you need Google pay/Samsung pay/singtel dash to use paywave

if without any of the above platform,not possible to use simplygo
the latter is an app to track your transport fares
Ok, tried.. didn’t work for me..
what do i do next?

Before this, i just got a new samsung phone.. i only have samsung pay set up and i don’t have simplygo. But when i tap, the gantry always show as simplygo.
As i mentioned, the charge came in the next day as a lump sum. So i cant tell how much each trip cost me.

now i have installed simplygo. Under my card is empty.. any way that i can link samsung pay transaction to simplygo? So i can see the individual charges?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok, tried.. didn’t work for me..
what do i do next?

Before this, i just got a new samsung phone.. i only have samsung pay set up and i don’t have simplygo. But when i tap, the gantry always show as simplygo.
As i mentioned, the charge came in the next day as a lump sum. So i cant tell how much each trip cost me.

now i have installed simplygo. Under my card is empty.. any way that i can link samsung pay transaction to simplygo? So i can see the individual charges?
within the simplygo app,just add the card you're using for transportation lor
the app shows you the detail of each trip in station name and the time
I supposed you're using MasterCard since the transactions on the next day shows lump sum(it is accumulated once every 4 or 5 days)
while you can see every trip detail for Visa

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure you NFC settings contactless payment are all set to Samsung pay ..... Samsung pay app the transit is set up properly too for the card you use
https://www.hongjun.sg/2019/04/how-to-make-samsung-pay-work-for.html
Simplygo app doesn't provide transit function it is to "track your usage" of your card u setup for transit.
I suggest you go google and read up the difference as you seems rather confuse on how to use it.

https://www.samsung.com/sg/samsungpay/#anchor-simplygohttps://blog.seedly.sg/transitlink-simplygo-promotions/

Darkshadows

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to tap your Samsung watch 3 on public transport without needing to activate the function?

I can tap my phone without unlocking my phone but not sure if the watch 3 can do the same?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.