Samsung trade up discussion

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Discussion about online or in store trade in experiences.

Last edited:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing trade up in physical SES store from today? Do share your experience here, thank you.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing trade up in physical SES store from today? Do share your experience here, thank you.
I just went to tampines samsung for the trade up, the lady check very very detailed on my phone, minor scratches also get spotted. She was using s21u macro mode to zoom on any scratches. In the end value for my iPhone 12 pro max is lesser than outside shop. My experience not so positive

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
I just went to tampines samsung for the trade up, the lady check very very detailed on my phone, minor scratches also get spotted. She was using s21u macro mode to zoom on any scratches. In the end value for my iPhone 12 pro max is lesser than outside shop. My experience not so positive
That sucks, I was planning to go there later. But anyway the tablet I trading in is confirm in bad shape. Only doing it for the sake of $200 overtrade.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
That sucks, I was planning to go there later. But anyway the tablet I trading in is confirm in bad shape. Only doing it for the sake of $200 overtrade.

There only 2 staffs there , one of them quite blur , she submit my trade in as normal trade in without the $200 overtrade.

username03

Reaction score
For Samsung online trade up, anybody knows whether they will require proof of purchase? Example we purchase from carousell but the proof of pruchase not under our name.

Or they will just check the phone physical and working condition?

Waiting for my s22 ultra to arrive and trading in my S21 ultra, through pre order trade up which I declared when ordering.

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa, all the experience so bad ar? Not too sure shld i cancel my wife s22 + violet pre-order and recontract with M1 for normal colour instead. Coz i going to trade in with my S20U ( is via online order, is the ppl going to check have the same SOP? ), if kenna all those pattern sure will be sianz..

At least at M1, they only check for water damage or can power on or not etc..

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
traded in s10+, from diagnostics menu say fingerprint check failed but physically no issue with fingerprint
got only $29 + $100

decided to just go ahead because didn't want the hassle

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Less than 1 year old s21 ultra
Ses say screen burn
Value 0
With the trade up card
Only 200 value
if it's less than 1 year old, why not walk over to samsung repair and tell them screen burn then replace screen and go to do trade up again

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Went down to Tampines mall SES to trade in a almost worthless galaxy Tab A 2019 wifi model.
Supposed to be able to get $90 + $200 overtrade but I know there will be deduction because of scratches around the charging port.
SES staff checked with PCdreams via WhatsApp and quoted me $0 for it.
I was a bit angry and told her that I know it's PCdreams behind all this lousy quote, please try to give me a reasonable quote instead of outright minus $90 off.

In the end they gave me $45 + $200 which is at least reasonable to me.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Went down to Tampines mall SES to trade in a almost worthless galaxy Tab A 2019 wifi model.
Supposed to be able to get $90 + $200 overtrade but I know there will be deduction because of scratches around the charging port.
SES staff checked with PCdreams via WhatsApp and quoted me $0 for it.
I was a bit angry and told her that I know it's PCdreams behind all this lousy quote, please try to give me a reasonable quote instead of outright minus $90 off.

In the end they gave me $45 + $200 which is at least reasonable to me.

Are you serve by the staff Tracy? She quite detail in checking using her s21u to take close in shot

cyuxiang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
traded in s10+, from diagnostics menu say fingerprint check failed but physically no issue with fingerprint
got only $29 + $100

decided to just go ahead because didn't want the hassle
Why only +$100?

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Normally I don't trade in because I think can fetch better price selling in carousel. But for this time, with the 200 trade up, I decided to trade in since it save me a lot of trouble with them coming to collect....my s21u was offered 975 inclusive of the 200$ when I buy direct from samsung and I think for a 1 yr old phone, mai hiam liao....and with the 300 evoucher, 80$ plus another 5% discount , that means I top up less than 500 to get s22u. Not too bad, just hope that they don't reduce the value of my trade in phone with many excuse....:)

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to trade in tablet for s22 ultra? The price to trade in iPad seems quite tempting with the 200 overtrade. Can use the money buy new iPad air

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to trade in tablet for s22 ultra? The price to trade in iPad seems quite tempting with the 200 overtrade. Can use the money buy new iPad air
Yes cross trading is allow in stores. Cross trading meaning tablet trade in for phone.
I did last night with my old tab A using trade up card from shopee at Tampines mall SES.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes cross trading is allow in stores. Cross trading meaning tablet trade in for phone.
I did last night with my old tab A using trade up card from shopee at Tampines mall SES.
Nice! I'll try my luck later to see if can get the full price

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.