SCB Metal X-Card

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this card good for purchases <$5 :s22:
otherwise I'll use Citi PM as the default 1.2mpd card

Spk307

Reaction score
Just converted 525000 to cash rebate. Shiok.

Already holding too much KF going to expire soon.

Good good. Hope many more do that. Then there’ll be plenty of redemption availability for others. 😉

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Those that cancel recently maybe can try to un cancel. They probably don't process the cancellation immediately. But also not much usea the card

Spk307

Reaction score
Those that cancel recently maybe can try to un cancel. They probably don't process the cancellation immediately. But also not much usea the card

It might be better to wait for 12 months and get a sign up bonus again rather than holding on to a paper weight for the same time.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It might be better to wait for 12 months and get a sign up bonus again rather than holding on to a paper weight for the same time.

but need pay annual fee right, i doubt they will reinstate the 100k miles promotion. but have to agree this card at 1.2mpd not competitive

pacificstorm

Reaction score

That's a valid point too. But they may also take this time to run different promo to prevent cancellations before the next year reaches.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you need to redeem X card points before cancellation?

I also hold both and thinking if to cancell the X card.
I cleared out the points. Also holding Plat Charge so no point keeping this metal card after the hype and 100k points are in pocket.

Spk307

Reaction score
That's a valid point too. But they may also take this time to run different promo to prevent cancellations before the next year reaches.

Possible. But if they have spent so much time to think about all possible options and decided on fee waiver...
The least they could do is offer some bonus miles on a tiered basis - like after 2k or 5k spend.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Possible. But if they have spent so much time to think about all possible options and decided on fee waiver...
The least they could do is offer some bonus miles on a tiered basis - like after 2k or 5k spend.

Got...... the 20k spend bonus. Hahahaha

Vincym

Reaction score
Do you need to redeem X card points before cancellation?

I also hold both and thinking if to cancell the X card.

I hold both as well. So the points in x card and VI can combine and redeem.

But, if you cancel X-card, the points cannot be pooled into your VI card. Weird I know. SCB called me regarding this and "uncancelled" my card to let me redeem my miles.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realise that. Was thinking of cancelling my VI card and keeping the X card so it can hold all of my points. But if it doesn’t pool, I might as well redeem and cancel both cards at the same time.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
I didn’t realise that. Was thinking of cancelling my VI card and keeping the X card so it can hold all of my points. But if it doesn’t pool, I might as well redeem and cancel both cards at the same time.

Maybe there's chance VI can pool with X and not the otherway round since they are scraping the VI card. Can try

zumaba

Reaction score
didn't receive any waiver sms, but an email for "Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X Card Anniversary Spend and Get Promotion":

- Spend a minimum of S$4,000 in Qualifying Transactions and get up to 10,000 Air Miles or up to S$100 Cash Rewards in each Spend Period.

- Promotion period: 15 July - 31 Dec 2020

https://av.sc.com/sg/content/docs/s...0200723XCardAnniversaryCampaig&utm_term=cards

Anyone else the same?

Last edited:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone didnt receive the scb x card annual fee waiver or it applies to everyone as the date nears?

maddyrem

Reaction score
No. I just called up yesterday and was rejected on the waiver request. They will credit 75K SCP upon annual fee payment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.