Secretlab Titan Chair peeling after 15 months with abit of white flakes. Not Recommended to purchase

me_jul

Reaction score
I think that they had to do more marketing to make up for all the complaints that has been surfacing, so as to show new customers that they are always "improving". No such luck for existing customers as more and more cases have been surfacing, and they will probably make a loss if they continued with 1:1 replacement initially. I had the Titan with warranty which had the peeling issue, and they were asking for more pictures and questions. The moment they found out it was not the 2020 model, they straight away said it was not covered under their Peel Guarantee though their website said it is. Am disappointed in the way they causally dismissed the claim and pushing the blame on the customer for not looking after the chair with their special cleaner. The chair is actually well built and their marketing strategy is slick. My friends have also decided against buying secretlab chairs after hearing my experience.

https://secretlab.sg/pages/peelprotection

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
I think that they had to do more marketing to make up for all the complaints that has been surfacing, so as to show new customers that they are always "improving". No such luck for existing customers as more and more cases have been surfacing, and they will probably make a loss if they continued with 1:1 replacement initially. I had the Titan with warranty which had the peeling issue, and they were asking for more pictures and questions. The moment they found out it was not the 2020 model, they straight away said it was not covered under their Peel Guarantee though their website said it is. Am disappointed in the way they causally dismissed the claim and pushing the blame on the customer for not looking after the chair with their special cleaner. The chair is actually well built and their marketing strategy is slick. My friends have also decided against buying secretlab chairs after hearing my experience.

https://secretlab.sg/pages/peelprotection

- their website says the peel protection guarantee is valid for 2018 chairs onwards. maybe your chair is from 2017? if your chair is a 2018/2020 chair and secretlab refused to repair the chair, then they are a liar company and this is even worse than i imagine them to be - coming up with excuses to cover up their mistakes with zero trust, responsibility and accountability.
- they dont have to do more marketing, they need to improve the durability of their chairs. their trash marketing gimmicks are like a trap to people.
- i had seen many trash companies like secretlab before in my life. when something bad happens, they will disappear even though they declared they have warranty for their products. i will never buy their products after so many bad things happening to their products.
- i heard some people saying they are relieved that secretlab is constantly improving their products. i never buy their story at all, not even one bit.
- i heard somebody saying A*STAR is certifying the quality of PU leather. i will see if their new product is still working after 2 years, whether A*STAR has any kind of credibility or not.

Last edited:

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how come ppl like to waste money buy all these gaming chairs

get a proper chair rahhhh

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
Besides Secretlabs, there is also a APOL brand selling similar chair and is cheaper..
anyone bought from them and how is the quality of their chairs ?

https://apol.sg/colossal-series/

why not use ikea chair. cheap and good. $110 only (seat cover = $20). i used this chair for more than 20 years. ikea is selling the seat cover too if it is spoilt 1 day. u can save $280 to buy other things also.

seriously speaking, i dont want u to get cheated by idiots who claimed to be saints.

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/henriksdal-chair-frame-brown-40361033/

Last edited:

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
how come ppl like to waste money buy all these gaming chairs

get a proper chair rahhhh

there are many reasons why people want to buy gaming chairs:
- feels good
- protect your back etc

after getting the chair, they will feel that the chair is not something that they want or the chair spoil easily. then they will feel confused why the chair quality is so bad, angry why they buy the chair and regretted not buying something better.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
why not use ikea chair. cheap and good. $110 only (seat cover = $20). i used this chair for more than 20 years. ikea is selling the seat cover too if it is spoilt 1 day. u can save $280 to buy other things also.

seriously speaking, i dont want u to get cheated by idiots who claimed to be saints.

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/henriksdal-chair-frame-brown-40361033/

How long do u sit in that chair per day? No armrest no backrest. Ergonomically fail to classify as computer chair

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
How long do u sit in that chair per day? No armrest no backrest. Ergonomically fail to classify as computer chair

10 hours. sure no arm-rest, no back support like ergonomic chairs. if u have back problems, buy ergonomic chair to protect yourself then.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 hours. sure no arm-rest, no back support like ergonomic chairs. if u have back problems, buy ergonomic chair to protect yourself then.

I actually don't see a point for these pricey chairs. Marketing claims ergonomic chair helps. Those with back problems will figure out if it really helps. Then some claim standing desk helps, again I wonder by how much. My office have both standing desks and Herman Miller ergonomics chairs, but still back problem is common.
Anything that we perceived as good, overdoing on it is detrimental to us.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
I actually don't see a point for these pricey chairs. Marketing claims ergonomic chair helps. Those with back problems will figure out if it really helps. Then some claim standing desk helps, again I wonder by how much. My office have both standing desks and Herman Miller ergonomics chairs, but still back problem is common.
Anything that we perceived as good, overdoing on it is detrimental to us.

i feel that ergonomic chair will help people with back problems, but it wont help people without back problems.

wedgehammer

Reaction score
i have been using standing desk for about a year now and it's done wonders for my back and posture. i got the idea from a few older colleagues in EU who have back problems and their doctors recommended standing desks. definitely recommended even for those who don't have back problems

wedgehammer

Reaction score
i feel that ergonomic chair will help people with back problems, but it wont help people without back problems.

ergonomic supposed to help both, not just people with back problems. for those without back problems, it helps them sit in ideal position so they don't develop the back problems in first place

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
ergonomic supposed to help both, not just people with back problems. for those without back problems, it helps them sit in ideal position so they don't develop the back problems in first place

ergonomic chairs will help unhealthy/people at risk with back problems. it will not help people without problems. healthy people can save $$, especially when ergonomic chairs like hermon miller cost $2000+. not all products are good anyways.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaming chair all is nonsense. Get the proper mesh type ergonomic chairs. The best.

eliteguardiangi

Reaction score
- their website says the peel protection guarantee is valid for 2018 chairs onwards. maybe your chair is from 2017? if your chair is a 2018/2020 chair and secretlab refused to repair the chair, then they are a liar company and this is even worse than i imagine them to be - coming up with excuses to cover up their mistakes with zero trust, responsibility and accountability.
- they dont have to do more marketing, they need to improve the durability of their chairs. their trash marketing gimmicks are like a trap to people.
- i had seen many trash companies like secretlab before in my life. when something bad happens, they will disappear even though they declared they have warranty for their products. i will never buy their products after so many bad things happening to their products.
- i heard some people saying they are relieved that secretlab is constantly improving their products. i never buy their story at all, not even one bit.
- i heard somebody saying A*STAR is certifying the quality of PU leather. i will see if their new product is still working after 2 years, whether A*STAR has any kind of credibility or not.

I bought my Titan when the 2018 series is already out for two months. Not sure why when 2018 series out they still selling obsolete Series. End up I get no warranty even tho it is still within two years. No ****ing Idea why the peel protection is only limited to 2018. (Also, My fault for not checking)

They give me trade in value of $120 but my friend trade in for $150 using SecretLab Throne (The cheapest model) in the past. There is no reason to buy Titan if the trade in value is such thrash and similar to its Cheapest Model.

I have similar peeling compared to this guy

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...chair%85-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html

but I am not able to get free replacement.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
I bought my Titan when the 2018 series is already out for two months. Not sure why when 2018 series out they still selling obsolete Series. End up I get no warranty even tho it is still within two years. No ****ing Idea why the peel protection is only limited to 2018. (Also, My fault for not checking)

They give me trade in value of $120 but my friend trade in for $150 using SecretLab Throne (The cheapest model) in the past. There is no reason to buy Titan if the trade in value is such thrash and similar to its Cheapest Model.

I have similar peeling compared to this guy

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...chair%85-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html

but I am not able to get free replacement.

sorry for your loss.

tokiya

Banned
Reaction score
welcome to the never-again club of secretlab chair owners. absolute trash quality, deceitful company with the fake peel protection warranty that only gives owners '120-150' trade-in value. garbage company

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.