Seeking Information on Part Time B.Eng NTU Programs

PKFoong

Reaction score
Ahh i see, for NUS they just straight accept without any phone interview right?

What's your reason for choosing NTU over NUS if i may ask? :) I know that NTU gives same cert for part time students as they give full time students. NUS Btech is not offered to full time students. In terms of the curriculum, i dont know much...but i think NTU is cheaper
Ya nus no interview

Certificate is one of the reasons as NTU gives the same Beng with Full time but of course this means that we have the same syllabus with full time also(not sure if I can cope 🙃)
Besides this , I got the information from website, class sessions during weekdays for NTU is from 7 pm to 10pm while NUS is from 6pm to 9:30.

is NTU cheaper? For the school fee I think Nus Btech cheaper.

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Ya nus no interview

Certificate is one of the reasons as NTU gives the same Beng with Full time but of course this means that we have the same syllabus with full time also(not sure if I can cope 🙃)
Besides this , I got the information from website, class sessions during weekdays for NTU is from 7 pm to 10pm while NUS is from 6pm to 9:30.

is NTU cheaper? For the school fee I think Nus Btech cheaper.
My friend who's gpa 3.8+ also got into NUS part time v quickly. Im guessing they excel sort acc to highest to lowest GPA and admit the applicants hahha....

Oh i see...i attended their zoom sessions where they spoke about the number of credit units/academic units required to complete the course. Aft i calculate, NTU is cheaper: 97 AU x $202 + $99.7 (admin fee per year). NUS: 160 CU x $143 + $234 (admin fee per sem).

I tried searching their website for AU needed to complete the degree recently. I cant seem to find anything so idk if my info is still accurate....

Last edited:

shaggerinos

Reaction score
2.46 here feeling dejected 😂 however, admission is on Aug and I only have 10 months of work exp.. I wonder how long all of your working exp are?

PS/ looks like my last chance will be on final appeal 😂😭🙏
Any good news for you yet? maybe they will call you this week

babeinthecity

Reaction score
Any good news for you yet? maybe they will call you this week
Hey man. Not yet any phone calls / rejection email.. as the day gets closer to appeal I panicked & called NTU admin. A lady told me to appeal as per normal if by 10 May I’m still dont hear anything.. or to email them the appeal accordingly. 😕 I’m so determined to study and with my company support with flexibility.. all comes in good arrangement but NTU hasn’t give any answer 🤣

PKFoong

Reaction score
My friend who's gpa 3.8+ also got into NUS part time v quickly. Im guessing they excel sort acc to highest to lowest GPA and admit the applicants hahha....

Oh i see...i attended their zoom sessions where they spoke about the number of credit units/academic units required to complete the course. Aft i calculate, NTU is cheaper: 97 AU x $202 + $99.7 (admin fee per year). NUS: 160 CU x $143 + $234 (admin fee per sem).

I tried searching their website for AU needed to complete the degree recently. I cant seem to find anything so idk if my info is still accurate....
Not sure how much for the whole degree , but I think NTU &NUS maybe few thousands different

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Hey man. Not yet any phone calls / rejection email.. as the day gets closer to appeal I panicked & called NTU admin. A lady told me to appeal as per normal if by 10 May I’m still dont hear anything.. or to email them the appeal accordingly. 😕 I’m so determined to study and with my company support with flexibility.. all comes in good arrangement but NTU hasn’t give any answer 🤣
Your GPA is 2.46 right? Seems quite ok to me..hmm. u did rank all 3 choices right? Which course u want to get into?

monstermob

Reaction score
Hi, dont mean to scare you but computer science is super duper competitive.

Heard that for this year full time computer science cohort , even a GPA of 3.9 was not able to enter , they predict that only GPA of 3.95 and above was able to enter, same goes for jc students. Even those with very high rank point was not able to enter as well.

babeinthecity

Reaction score
Your GPA is 2.46 right? Seems quite ok to me..hmm. u did rank all 3 choices right? Which course u want to get into?
EEE
ME
CSE

I only want to get into EEE as I want to continue working with my company after I graduate and it requires EEE background..

babeinthecity

Reaction score
Still hasn’t receive any outcome email yet.. Has anyone here received rejection email? Just wondering, worried that I received none. At least if got rejected I can appeal on 10 May.

monstermob

Reaction score
What abt part time cs gpa? will 2.66 be good enuf... i have a diploma plus in math
Hi Anjali,

From what I understand from this thread for part time mechanical and triple e , those that enter usually have a gpa of 2.4 and above. I would say 2.66 stand a high chance. However, since the course you are applying to is computer science which may be very competitive for part time students as well , it would be wise to think that the gpa to enter would increase as well. It also depends on the intake cohort, if everyone have high gpa then it is likely that the spot will be taken up by them. Do be mentally prepared to appeal if required !

Hope this helps and all the best ! :)

shaggerinos

Reaction score
I don’t think NUS offers EEE. They only offers electronic engineering. My work quite specific that it has to be electrical as I work under power, not really much of electronic background at work.
I am totally not in engineering field in my job rn. During poly i took EEE. DO you think mech eng or EEE has more career options and prospects in the market?

babeinthecity

Reaction score
I am totally not in engineering field in my job rn. During poly i took EEE. DO you think mech eng or EEE has more career options and prospects in the market?
What are you working as now? As far as I know I’ll recommend studying what you’re currently working right now, that provides if you’re interested in your work. That way, there’s a higher chance to fight for higher salary after you graduate from degree.

as for mech & EEE career options. I would say both are very much different but prospect are almost equal. No need to scared can’t find job.

shaggerinos

Reaction score
What are you working as now? As far as I know I’ll recommend studying what you’re currently working right now, that provides if you’re interested in your work. That way, there’s a higher chance to fight for higher salary after you graduate from degree.

as for mech & EEE career options. I would say both are very much different but prospect are almost equal. No need to scared can’t find job.
i see, maybe EEE then since my poly is also EEE. any good news on your side yet? 10 may is approaching so quickly..all the best!

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Nope.. No outcome. Submitted appeal. Will call tomorrow to clarify..
I see...all the best and good luck! Hopefully somebody does not accept the offer and you can get a place in EEE :)

Wonder what is the reason for no offer....isit GPA or work experience of 10 months..

babeinthecity

Reaction score
I see...all the best and good luck! Hopefully somebody does not accept the offer and you can get a place in EEE :)

Wonder what is the reason for no offer....isit GPA or work experience of 10 months..
Thanks 😊 wonder if anyone has the same case as me. Guess I’ll have to wait till June for outcome. Another anxiety month. 🥴

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.