SembCorp Marine *Official* (SGX: S51)

usarmy

Reaction score
Last year SCM and SMM demerger, same discussion among shareholder also think temasek will not let the share price drop below 20cts, and it went all the way down to ard 12cts before it rebound back to 20cts.

sellipad2

Reaction score
SMM case the share price dropped when demerger was announced and shares were already given to SCI shareholder, current temasek mandatory offer still stand at 8c

only reason i can think of is market think the resolution will not get passed so offer become invalid

was reading a yahoo article on SMM this morning and there is a chance of 3rd right issue if condition doesnt improve due to the 2H profit warning

skpuppy

Reaction score
SMM case the share price dropped when demerger was announced and shares were already given to SCI shareholder, current temasek mandatory offer still stand at 8c

only reason i can think of is market think the resolution will not get passed so offer become invalid

was reading a yahoo article on SMM this morning and there is a chance of 3rd right issue if condition doesnt improve due to the 2H profit warning
Yup. Confirm will come in my opinion

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Merger seem to benefit Keppel more than SMM. Keppel can get rid of loss making and name tainted unit and get cash. SMM must pay cash.

lzydata

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has any idea why oil price keep going up but SMM price not going up?
Unlike before, even with higher oil prices, companies are not so willing to increase their capital expenditure as the oil may become stranded assets. The world cannot extract these coal, oil and gas assets and keep climate change to within 1.5 C or even 2C. So the companies would rather pivot and invest more in renewables.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
请问一下: anybuttie here boh hew the (lowball) tender offer? :look:

cuntzbuster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morgan Stanley wishes to announce, for and on behalf of the Offeror, that the Minimum Acceptance Condition of the MGO (as set out in Section 2.6 of the Offer Document) has been satisfied and the MGO has therefore become and is hereby declared unconditional in all respects on the date of this Announcement (the "Unconditional Date")

There will NOT be any further extension of the Closing Date (as defined below) pursuant to Rule 22.6 of the Code. Shareholders who do not accept the MGO by 5.30 p.m. on 3 November 2021 (the "Closing Date") will not be able to do so after the Closing Date. Acceptances of the MGO received after 5.30 p.m. (Singapore time) on the Closing Date will be rejected

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morgan Stanley wishes to announce, for and on behalf of the Offeror, that the Minimum Acceptance Condition of the MGO (as set out in Section 2.6 of the Offer Document) has been satisfied and the MGO has therefore become and is hereby declared unconditional in all respects on the date of this Announcement (the "Unconditional Date")

There will NOT be any further extension of the Closing Date (as defined below) pursuant to Rule 22.6 of the Code. Shareholders who do not accept the MGO by 5.30 p.m. on 3 November 2021 (the "Closing Date") will not be able to do so after the Closing Date. Acceptances of the MGO received after 5.30 p.m. (Singapore time) on the Closing Date will be rejected
Whatever it means
I’m gonna keep the 20 shares I have, out of spite (it is just $1.60 for god sake having sold a meagre amount of full lots much earlier).

If it becomes privatise, I will get the taste of being shareholder of a private company.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever it means
I’m gonna keep the 20 shares I have, out of spite (it is just $1.60 for god sake having sold a meagre amount of full lots much earlier).
If it becomes privatise, I will get the taste of being shareholder of a private company.

lol u waste ur bandwidth!!!!

Sent from EDMWER app!

subprimelive

Reaction score

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
voting by users in this website. quite a lot voted for "Share price will go up eventually, if you hold long enough"

Maybe they don’t know share price can split and drop split and drop…?

Lex1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should I buy 100 shares tomorrow to become private shareholder?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.