Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
In one’s life, u have many opportunities to fix something. If u don’t fix it, then u just have to blame urself

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like this thread will go from being furious about the 8 cent offer, to anxiously hoping to sell off at 8 cents.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SHARES of Sembcorp Marine (Sembmarine) ended at S$0.079 on Friday (Oct 22), below the S$0.08 offer price set by Temasek in its mandatory general offer last month.

This comes as a media report on Thursday said that Sembmarine's work on the Johan Castberg vessel has been hit by "serious manpower shortages" due to the pandemic, and the project owner is set to transport the unfinished components from Singapore to Norway.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...-s008-offer-price-customer-to-move-unfinished

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like Temasek is also not supporting the price on the open market. By right, Temasek would mop up all those on the 8c ask queue if it's genuinely keen on a takeover. It shows Temasek is not optimistic on SMM either and is just going through the motion for the GO.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like Temasek is also not supporting the price on the open market. By right, Temasek would mop up all those on the 8c ask queue if it's genuinely keen on a takeover. It shows Temasek is not optimistic on SMM either and is just going through the motion for the GO.
Actually no point waste transaction cost on that ma

sellipad2

Reaction score
weird how can it go below temasek take over price in theory? doesnt make sense. if want to queue and sell at 8c may as well sell to temasek

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received two letters in mailbox

Tales of two different stocks

sugar cane shareholders vs treasured shareholders

B29-B887-E-4497-4129-A9-B4-67-A7-CAE02-D33.jpg

philips107

Reaction score
weird how can it go below temasek take over price in theory? doesnt make sense. if want to queue and sell at 8c may as well sell to temasek
I can't understand either, why anyone would want to incur the transaction costs when they can sell to Temasek at the same price.

Looks illogical to me unless there's something I have not considered ... any gurus able to enlighten? thanks!

usarmy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year SCM and SMM demerger, same discussion among shareholder also think temasek will not let the share price drop below 20cts, and it went all the way down to ard 12cts before it rebound back to 20cts.

sellipad2

Reaction score
SMM case the share price dropped when demerger was announced and shares were already given to SCI shareholder, current temasek mandatory offer still stand at 8c

only reason i can think of is market think the resolution will not get passed so offer become invalid

was reading a yahoo article on SMM this morning and there is a chance of 3rd right issue if condition doesnt improve due to the 2H profit warning

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
SMM case the share price dropped when demerger was announced and shares were already given to SCI shareholder, current temasek mandatory offer still stand at 8c

only reason i can think of is market think the resolution will not get passed so offer become invalid

was reading a yahoo article on SMM this morning and there is a chance of 3rd right issue if condition doesnt improve due to the 2H profit warning
Yup. Confirm will come in my opinion

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.