SG vs AUS Uni education

snoringpanda

Reaction score
did my undergrad in singapore and am doing my masters degree with an aussie uni currently.. Is it just me being kanchiong or are the students in australia a lot more laidback in general? still reeling from culture shock now... i dont even know what to say now when it comes to group work..

angy

Reaction score
Are you in AUS now? If you are, you should know better. Aussies are always more relax. However, depending on where you are, the lockdown is the main problem. AUS is more concern about covid lockdown than anything else.

But do not judge the book by its cover. Some Aussies are bright cookies. If they are doing Masters, they also must be of some caliber.

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did my undergrad in singapore and am doing my masters degree with an aussie uni currently.. Is it just me being kanchiong or are the students in australia a lot more laidback in general? still reeling from culture shock now... i dont even know what to say now when it comes to group work..
It's normal, I am doing my masters degree in aus uni as well. Most are working while studying instead of studying full-time.

They are a lot less grade-focused as well. I think not everyone is aiming for top scores, some are alright to just pass, after gunning hard to qualify for masters during undergrad days. But overall, I would say masters students are more serious than undergrad students, based on comparison.

icecoldt

Reaction score
More laidback because most grad students are focused on learning new stuff rather than getting good grades. Focus on your own goals. You'll do fine :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.