Sharing My Dental Implant Exprience

wuso

Reaction score
Ok, answering my own question since I went and did the implant already.
Overall a very good experience, and one of the best-priced package I've encountered!

Hi ladadee,
So this Dr Wong did your dental implant? So he's experienced?
So far so good for you?

some_guy

Reaction score
Overall a very good experience, and one of the best-priced package I've encountered!

I may be doing mine soon, but having something drilled into my jawbone scares the hell out of me. How was it like? I know many people say it's painless, blah blah blah. Is the process really that smooth? No feeling at all during the drilling?

wuso

Reaction score
yeah, drilling into jawbone sounds scary indeed but it was actually less traumatic than a tooth extraction (for me)!
you can feel tiny "vibrations" when drilling but no, not painful

I may be doing mine soon, but having something drilled into my jawbone scares the hell out of me. How was it like? I know many people say it's painless, blah blah blah. Is the process really that smooth? No feeling at all during the drilling?

ladadee

Reaction score

congrats! new tooth on the way!

to be honest, everyone threshold is different but the majority of the feedbacks i got, it is either painless or slight vibrations like what wuso said.

the more u imagine it, the scarier it is :D just go get it done if u need and dont think too much into it. that will be my advice.

remember to ask the clinic for a breakdown of the cost, make sure it includes, xray, consult, implant and crown.

some will quote you just implant without crown or xray.

some_guy

Reaction score
yeah, drilling into jawbone sounds scary indeed but it was actually less traumatic than a tooth extraction (for me)!
you can feel tiny "vibrations" when drilling but no, not painful

to be honest, everyone threshold is different but the majority of the feedbacks i got, it is either painless or slight vibrations like what wuso said.

the more u imagine it, the scarier it is :D just go get it done if u need and dont think too much into it. that will be my advice.

remember to ask the clinic for a breakdown of the cost, make sure it includes, xray, consult, implant and crown.

some will quote you just implant without crown or xray.

I see! Thanks y'all, I don't feel as scared anymore.

some_guy

Reaction score
I see! Thanks y'all, I don't feel as scared anymore.

Just did the implant. It was indeed very smooth, the anesthesia injection wasn't really painful either, kinda like an ant bite. The bigger drill used at the end actually had pretty strong vibrations, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Also, during the tightening of the implant, there will be soft clicking noises.

It has been close to 3 hours since, and the area is still really numb, so I can't comment on the post-op pain yet.

wuso

Reaction score
haha yes, its the kind of clicking sound when you use a wretch to tighten nuts/bolts and it was really weird hearing that being done in your mouth.... :s13:

......... Also, during the tightening of the implant, there will be soft clicking noises.

ladadee

Reaction score
Just did the implant. It was indeed very smooth, the anesthesia injection wasn't really painful either, kinda like an ant bite. The bigger drill used at the end actually had pretty strong vibrations, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Also, during the tightening of the implant, there will be soft clicking noises.

It has been close to 3 hours since, and the area is still really numb, so I can't comment on the post-op pain yet.

:s12: congrats! trust dental as well? or somewhere else? similar to your mobile on vibration mode?:s13:

haha yes, its the kind of clicking sound when you use a wretch to tighten nuts/bolts and it was really weird hearing that being done in your mouth.... :s13:

dentists are our mechanics then! lol

Last edited:

some_guy

Reaction score
:s12: congrats! trust dental as well? or somewhere else? similar to your mobile on vibration mode?:s13:
Yeap, Trust Dental. And yeah kinda similar, maybe just a little stronger than that. As for the post op pain, I didn't have any, but I guess that varies a lot from person to person.

ladadee

Reaction score
lol i know what u are implying la :o

which is why everyone got to do their own due diligence and decide for themselves. google around, call them to ask for the exact cost.

best if they can have a consult with the dentist, bombard them with all the questions in one session.

some_guy will defend himself if he wants. i do believe he is genuine:s12:

DesertStrike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did my implant with Dr Wong, Trust dental. a skillful, professional, assuring dentist. No pain during the procedure. Reasonable pricing. Had a positive experience at her clinic. Definitely Recommended.

sinus123

Reaction score
Was at NDCS and was told that my teeth cracked and unable to do root canal treatment. They advice me few options, dental implants, crown & bridges or dentures. Implant would cost me $4k-$5k per tooth... 😱... Would private dental clinic be a better option for me. Saw that Trust Dental charges $999 after Medisave. Seems way cheaper as compare to NDCS. Thinking of this option to do for 2 tooth or dentures, as I got few missing teeth too. Any advise? Thanks

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up for this thread! So any cheap and good dentist for implant to recommend?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

wuso

Reaction score
Hi,
I am just relating my experience when my only molar on my bottom right side cracked and can't be saved. Because of cost, I did a partial denture (was with another dental clinic). The dentist did say that some people are not able to get used to wearing the denture, and unfortunately I am one of those. So in the end, found Trust Dental's price is very attractive, and I decided to go for the implant (and waste a few months old denture), and it's so much better. Something to take note of and my feedback if you are considering the denture.

Another thing is, Trust Dental's $999 is after $1250 from Medisave. If you are doing two implants, I'm not sure it can/will be another $1250 from Medisave. So do check with the clinic on total cost etc.

Was at NDCS and was told that my teeth cracked and unable to do root canal treatment. They advice me few options, dental implants, crown & bridges or dentures. Implant would cost me $4k-$5k per tooth... 😱... Would private dental clinic be a better option for me. Saw that Trust Dental charges $999 after Medisave. Seems way cheaper as compare to NDCS. Thinking of this option to do for 2 tooth or dentures, as I got few missing teeth too. Any advise? Thanks

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m also looking for dental implants.
Was quoted $4k everything for 1 implant.
For everyone’s benefit, why is there such a vast difference in price? Better titanium? Better crown?
I googled and found there’s different type of crowns. But can’t find much detail on type of titanium.

1)
CiJI7B3.jpg

2)
NNU76Dl.jpg

3)
4Vlo4Wl.jpg

4)
LWM921l.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.