Sharing My Dental Implant Exprience

LeeJunLong

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from Malaysia and I just created this account but I have been lurking here for a while now because I thought I used to have an account here. But anyway, I would like to share my experience in doing a dental implant here in Singapore. My tooth got broken during a fight in high school about 4 years ago and impacted another tooth next to it so I had to do 2 implants. I went to the dentist 2 days ago just to have a consultation but ended up getting an implant that day. It took about an hour maybe less and overall it was quite painless except the injection which was painful for under 3 seconds and after the surgery when the anesthetic ran out that lasted 30 minutes until I took a pain killer. The cost per implant including crown was 2000$ excluding gst and the total cost was about 4280 including gst. What do you all think about this? Was it worth it? I kind of wanted it and kind of regretting I did it at the moment. It took all of my savings just for 2 tooth.

PS: It's Medisave claimable so anyone that have it can claim up to 1250$ if I'm not mistaken and the entire process will take 3-6 months, so I have a few more months to go.

Last edited:

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where did you do that for 2k each?

is it a mini implant?

Last edited:

YJL1984

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from Malaysia and I just created this account but I have been lurking here for a while now because I thought I used to have an account here. But anyway, I would like to share my experience in doing a dental implant here in Singapore. My tooth got broken during a fight in high school about 4 years ago and impacted another tooth next to it so I had to do 2 implants. I went to the dentist 2 days ago just to have a consultation but ended up getting an implant that day. It took about an hour maybe less and overall it was quite painless except the injection which was painful for under 3 seconds and after the surgery when the anesthetic ran out that lasted 30 minutes until I took a pain killer. The cost per implant including crown was 2000$ excluding gst and the total cost was about 4280 including gst. What do you all think about this? Was it worth it? I kind of wanted it and kind of regretting I did it at the moment. It took all of my savings just for 2 tooth.

PS: It's Medisave claimable so anyone that have it can claim up to 1250$ if I'm not mistaken and the entire process will take 3-6 months, so I have a few more months to go.

It’s quite reasonable actually. But got cheaper options elsewhere if u find deeper. :)

ilovesomebrandy

Reaction score
After you do implants - is there any special
Maintenance you have to do? Presumable still have to brush twice a day? But still need to use tooth paste?

ladadee

Reaction score
if you look hard enough, u can find good dentists doing implants WITH CROWN around 2500-3k before medisave claim of 1250 so in total u only need to fork out 1250cash

anything above 3k, unless the clinic is in town or cbd, not worth it

as for implants "maintenance", you still have to floss and brush daily. Got to clean the gums too. even auntie uncle wash their dentures :o

ilovesomebrandy

Reaction score
Great advice thanks!

if you look hard enough, u can find good dentists doing implants WITH CROWN around 2500-3k before medisave claim of 1250 so in total u only need to fork out 1250cash

anything above 3k, unless the clinic is in town or cbd, not worth it

as for implants "maintenance", you still have to floss and brush daily. Got to clean the gums too. even auntie uncle wash their dentures :o

ladadee

Reaction score
implant with crown or just implant? :o

if the 2k implant comes WITH crown, it is a very good deal!
so for those who are interested, remember to double confirm

1) got gst? (depends on clinic)
2) xray included? (chargeable)
3) implant with crown or just implant
4) include medication? (this shld be free)
5) any other extra charges? (be cautious of consumable charges)

always ask for the price of implant WITH crown :o

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
implant with crown or just implant? :o

if the 2k implant comes WITH crown, it is a very good deal!
so for those who are interested, remember to double confirm

1) got gst? (depends on clinic)
2) xray included? (chargeable)
3) implant with crown or just implant
4) include medication? (this shld be free)
5) any other extra charges? (be cautious of consumable charges)

always ask for the price of implant WITH crown :o

Why with crown?

ladadee

Reaction score
Why with crown?

dental implant is just the "screw"
crown is the "fake tooth"

dental implant without crown, it will look like a tiny metal sticking out of your gum:o
so when u want to do implant, ask and make sure you are paying for the implant with crown, not just the implant

trying googling the images to have a better understanding:s12:

ladadee

Reaction score
Hi, how much to do a crown on a molar? Is it painful?

molar crown(metal material) for private clinic around 750-950 depending on town clinic or neighborhood clinic
Poly clinic will be cheaper but might have to wait longer

i dont think it will be painful, it is like wearing a hard cap for your tooth?=:p

Nipponho

Reaction score
molar crown(metal material) for private clinic around 750-950 depending on town clinic or neighborhood clinic
Poly clinic will be cheaper but might have to wait longer

i dont think it will be painful, it is like wearing a hard cap for your tooth?=:p

metal crown cost alone, excluding root canal or implant cost, is $23 in India. Goodness, here they charge $750. Really exorbitant

Nipponho

Reaction score
Hi mind sharing? Please pm me. Thank you!

u should make sure that u compare apples with apples, oranges with oranges when making comparisons. There are 2 types : standard implant and mini implant. Mini implants is thinner and uses lesser titanium, so it is cheaper. So please also ask him whether it is standard or mini. Good luck.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.