Should you get M1 MacBook Air in 2022 or Wait? My personal view

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good, i just bought a new lappy to replace my legion brick

now waiting for m2 macbook air to replace my m1 mac mini
Why get M2 Air to replace M1 Mac mini?

Iirc m1 mac mini can connect to 2 monitors natively but m2 Air can only connect to 1 monitor (Same as M1 Air)

and m1 Mac mini offers more ports than M2 Air

its a small step backwards in a few areas
Unless you intend to scale back on your setup

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why get M2 Air to replace M1 Mac mini?

Iirc m1 mac mini can connect to 2 monitors natively but m2 Air can only connect to 1 monitor (Same as M1 Air)

and m1 Mac mini offers more ports than M2 Air

its a small step backwards in a few areas
Unless you intend to scale back on your setup
cos i will upgrade whenever there is any latest gadget.

and also i dun need mac mini anymore, cos now can go travel liao. get lappy better

anthonygreenisreal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos i will upgrade whenever there is any latest gadget.

and also i dun need mac mini anymore, cos now can go travel liao. get lappy better
I also got M1 Mac Mini 16gb RAM for working from home use even though i can use company laptop but it sucks.

Now is 1/2 time working from home.

I'm thinking of selling it for the M2 MBA when it comes out. Then I can still can use for work and also for portability.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True :) now can travel just like pre covid
Have laptop better

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe haven’t update

two yrs ago when apple M1 first came to market
It had even more issues besides file transfer speeds

but after a few updates and upgrade to MacOS monterey… all ok liao

so… just hoot M2

but if you want something which is very stable then go for M1 Air

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that the M2 entry SSD is "Slower" than the M1 predecessor? i read a few articles that state the result of the testing.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/27/23184515/apple-macbook-pro-m2-slow-ssd-speeds
From the looks of it, this is designed to cut cost, and thus, affecting performance. But you should ask yourself if this is a show stopper for you? Even with the lost in speed, you are unlikely to feel the difference in day to day usage. It is mostly the sequential speed that affects transfer rate, i.e. if you tend to transfer big files to the system, then it could be a problem. However given that the base SSD is only 256GB, chances of the user transferring big files back and forth is unlikely.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Review for m2 Pro are so cui. The m2 air don't feel good. Think need to see reviews first

Reaction score
anyone uses Caldigit hub or dock with mac? where do you buy from? and is it worth it over ugreen and other brands

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone uses Caldigit hub or dock with mac? where do you buy from? and is it worth it over ugreen and other brands
You can try amazon. Almost every famous and popular youtuber is using Caldigit with their Mac

for me… I not so hardcore and atas, so I use Ugreen. so far so good

anthonygreenisreal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try amazon. Almost every famous and popular youtuber is using Caldigit with their Mac

for me… I not so hardcore and atas, so I use Ugreen. so far so good
I use ugreen but it gets super hot sia. like i don't even wanna put it on table, scare it will burn a hole. I leave it hanging.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use ugreen but it gets super hot sia. like i don't even wanna put it on table, scare it will burn a hole. I leave it hanging.
Hmmmmmm… I am using this UGREEN usb hub

Check out UGREEN USB-C 4K 30Hz/60Hz HUB Converter Adapte...at 45% off!$21.99 only!Get it on Lazada now! https://s.lazada.sg/s.0jdN1

i use it everyday for many hours and it is only warm to the touch
But I also have another usb hub from Aliexpress which gets really hot… already stop using that

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.