Should you get M1 MacBook Air in 2022 or Wait? My personal view

anthonygreenisreal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of going for the 16gb ram and 512gb storage config MBA M2, still deciding on the color, either Starlight or silver color this time. The midnight color looks cool but seems like will be fingerprint magnet and easier to show scratches.
Not sure how long have to wait for this built to order unit.

On the other hand, I can just go online or to Apple physical shop to get the MBP 14 base model. Now got student deal, i can use the Unidays to buy.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Education discount is applicable in Apple main stores as well iirc

last time the staff helped me.
Can take this chance to visit the store and see the M2 Air up close
. See the actual colours and then decide

anthonygreenisreal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in what case worth to upgrade to 24gb ram?
I think if you really need to open alot of programs or windows at the same time and run heavy programs like logic pro or final.

Like editing a video and then need to do research and then need to cut to edit the sound. back and forth.

pricklepantz

Reaction score
I think if you really need to open alot of programs or windows at the same time and run heavy programs like logic pro or final.

Like editing a video and then need to do research and then need to cut to edit the sound. back and forth.
i see... thanks for the advise, good thing i'm not doing any video or audio editing, just web browsing, presentation, documents stuffs

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see... thanks for the advise, good thing i'm not doing any video or audio editing, just web browsing, presentation, documents stuffs
I do some light video editing in DaVinci Resolve n 16gb is enough for my M1 MBA

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of going for the 16gb ram and 512gb storage config MBA M2, still deciding on the color, either Starlight or silver color this time. The midnight color looks cool but seems like will be fingerprint magnet and easier to show scratches.
Not sure how long have to wait for this built to order unit.

On the other hand, I can just go online or to Apple physical shop to get the MBP 14 base model. Now got student deal, i can use the Unidays to buy.
Like this might as well get mbp 14, dual monitor support plus a much better screen

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in what case worth to upgrade to 24gb ram?
Example of heavy duty programs
- Safari/Chrome with 1000 tabs
- video editing or photo editing or 3D modelling/Animation software
-software development
-video conferencing(Zoom, skype, slack, discord, Facetime, whatsapp, MS team)

and you need to run several of these programs at the same time.

for my 8GB ram M1 Air, I have no issues rendering a 1080p video in the background + doing a zoom call at the same time

but once I throw in photoshop rendering + video rendering + zoom call

sometimes i will see the beach ball but as far as I know, Apple products always focus on optimization.
So having 16 or 24GB ram will also help in “‘memory swap”

final1

Reaction score
Base model at $1699 seems to be the sweet spot for majority of people if you ask me. Storage just use expandable.

Nymphomaniac

Master Member
Reaction score
was given 15th Jul for home delivery but prefer a physical pickup at the Apple store

anthonygreenisreal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was given 15th Jul for home delivery but prefer a physical pickup at the Apple store
I also prefer physical pickup coz my office nearby MBS. Can OTOT. And it just feels nicer to go Apple store and take the item back.

The home delivery have to make sure people at home to received.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.