[SIC] Hoot Club! Post Your Technology/Hardware Related Purchases NOW! - Part 4

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both Realtek and Intel AX200 are listed on HP SG's spec sheet for that model, but I guess paying ~1.1k for a laptop that retails 1.9k, you can't complain too much. :s13:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Both Realtek and Intel AX200 are listed on HP SG's spec sheet for that model, but I guess paying ~1.1k for a laptop that retails 1.9k, you can't complain too much. :s13:
oh I was referring to the spec sheet in the taobao listing, it just simply states 1gbps transfer speeds + bt 5.0 :s22: only one 5800u option has a more explicit mention of a 802.11ax compliant module. yeah really can't complain for the price, and for a thin and light the fact that u can swap out not only storage but also the wlan module and ram is what really sold me. anyway as far as I understand hp warranty is international, low key regret not paying slightly extra for a few more years of peace of mind.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh I was referring to the spec sheet in the taobao listing, it just simply states 1gbps transfer speeds + bt 5.0 :s22: only one 5800u option has a more explicit mention of a 802.11ax compliant module. yeah really can't complain for the price, and for a thin and light the fact that u can swap out not only storage but also the wlan module and ram is what really sold me. anyway as far as I understand hp warranty is international, low key regret not paying slightly extra for a few more years of peace of mind.
This is very good info, wasn't aware. :look:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better verify if HP SG will accept the warranty of China sets though, dun presume. Think its similar case to WD/Seagate HDD bought from Amazon. Some ppl cant RMA it in SG despite international warranty.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Better verify if HP SG will accept the warranty of China sets though, dun presume. Think its similar case to WD/Seagate HDD bought from Amazon. Some ppl cant RMA it in SG despite international warranty.
HP SG only accept HP SG sets.
interesting, checked with hp sg website, even though put purchase location as sg still say active warranty...
hope this laptop last long long like my previous one (7 years).

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a new keycap... :LOL:

CqQ4fyN.jpg

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got any other PC parts there at cash converters?
depends if got people sell. last time before carousell existed in 2015 got more pc parts or old desktops like compaq presario.

got one time there was even a batch of new windowed atx cases selling for $20 which was shared in hwz forum. i bought one then.

if your side of cash converters, take a look ah. most likely have old lcd monitors which nobody wants because a bit expensive. might have pc speakers too.

nowadays people just use carousell and camp certain sections. when a good deal pops up because seller dont know the true value of an item and just wants to get rid of it, many resellers will pounce on the deal and itll be sold in a day. what remains unsold in carousell are not so good prices

aaragore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forgot to reply, im using the denon avr x4700H as well as musical fidelity M6Si

ya they match really well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.