SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

tryingtosurvive

Reaction score
Anyone who applied for admin recheck got a reply from UOL yet? Applied for it more than a month ago but they still haven't updated anything despite "You will receive a written response indicating whether an administrative error has been identified, usually within 20 working days."

mbfive

Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't proceed with continuing registration in UOL Portal? It keeps showing me October 2020/21 Assesment instead of the 2021/22 academic year.

Reussir

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to be an independent/private candidate?

I am contemplating on whether to study at SIM or just study independently and just sit for the exams, can anyone share the pros & cons. Thanks.
@mbfive I was in SIM before but now I am studying independently for my last year, and to be honest, it is really tough to study independent. Maybe it will work better for theory based modules, but for concept and maths, it going to be even tougher without guidance. If you can, study with a school is better.

queeniez

Reaction score
Hi seniors!
I would like to ask about how do we go submitting an application looking for job that requires GPA to be input instead of leaving it blank? As i'm aware that UOL does not have any GPA, and the job portal often requires the GPA to be filled in . Any reliable gpa calculator to be used online?

Sholune

Reaction score
Hi seniors!
I would like to ask about how do we go submitting an application looking for job that requires GPA to be input instead of leaving it blank? As i'm aware that UOL does not have any GPA, and the job portal often requires the GPA to be filled in . Any reliable gpa calculator to be used online?
If possible you can just write your degree classification in the blanks eg. 2nd Upper Class. If not just find the average gpa that's is closest to your current degree classification.

mbfive

Reaction score
@mbfive I was in SIM before but now I am studying independently for my last year, and to be honest, it is really tough to study independent. Maybe it will work better for theory based modules, but for concept and maths, it going to be even tougher without guidance. If you can, study with a school is better.
Can I ask what was the procedure like to go from SIM student to independent candidate? Do you have to withdraw from SIM first, then you can register with UOL as an independent candidate?

cczzyy12

Reaction score
Hi! May I know if anyone took the mods EC2066, AC2091 and AC2097? Would like to ask what were the exam dates for these papers last year for the exams in may. And does anyone know if the dates will remain the same every year or it depends? thank you

sysnsd

Reaction score
Hi! May I know if anyone took the mods EC2066, AC2091 and AC2097? Would like to ask what were the exam dates for these papers last year for the exams in may. And does anyone know if the dates will remain the same every year or it depends? thank you
I took AC2091 and AC2097 in May/June 2021. It was 1st and 2nd June. 1st was Management Accounting and 2nd was Financial Reporting.

sysnsd

Reaction score
Hello. Any of you all take the following modules?

1. Financial Intermediation
2. Financial Management
3. Managerial Economics

Tele me @shxrlxxn :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.