SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

jackuru

Reaction score
Hey man, I wouldn't be too optimistic for that, UOL only did the first set of resits last year, and it's only for the really common modules (looks like only 100 and 200 units currently). Don't think E-Business is likely to have a resit this year. Good luck and all the best!
so i have to take another year to complete 1 mod? thats sad....

ibgxzx

Reaction score
Hi! I'm enrolling into Acct & Finance this August and am quite unfamiliar with the SSCE process. I am hoping if there are any current students willing to answer my questions :)

1. How does SSCE work? Am I able to choose my classes for any day? Will I know who are my lecturers before hand?
2. I have 2 exemptions for my first year modules, hence I will only need to take up a total of 2.5 courses. Is it possible/advisable to take up one more module from 200 units on my first year?
3. Recommended lecturers for (A) Introduction to economics, (B) Mathematics 1, (C) Principles of accounting.

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:

znahsk

Reaction score
Hi! I'm enrolling into Acct & Finance this August and am quite unfamiliar with the SSCE process. I am hoping if there are any current students willing to answer my questions :)

1. How does SSCE work? Am I able to choose my classes for any day? Will I know who are my lecturers before hand?
2. I have 2 exemptions for my first year modules, hence I will only need to take up a total of 2.5 courses. Is it possible/advisable to take up one more module from 200 units on my first year?
3. Recommended lecturers for (A) Introduction to economics, (B) Mathematics 1, (C) Principles of accounting.

Thank you in advance!!
Hey im a Y2 A&F student from uol.

1. Not anyday, but there are a few diff classes for you to choose, e.g., POA 12-3 Monday; POA 4-7 Friday, then you can pick one of them, but note that the lecturer might be diff. You will not know which lecturers before hand, but you can go and ask around and email the lecturer for their timetable so you can pick the lecturer u want during the SSCE. But also note that there is limited slot, so act fast (esp those good lecturer) HAHA

2. Yes you can pick other mods too, and it is advisable. But some ppl prefer to stay in school longer, cos taking lesser mods means u can focus more (and potentially get higher marks?). Just note that you only can pick 4 mods/year (but you can pick 5 for you final year) and remember to check if there is prerequisite for the mod u wanna take.

3. ECONS: mine was william, pls avoid AHAHAH, i heard chen aidi not bad; Math1 very ez, doesnt matter which lecturer actually (i never attend but still can get A); POA mine was Daniel Tan and he is quite good, but he is a bit naggy cos he's old HAHHAH

cheesefriezz

Reaction score
Hey im a Y2 A&F student from uol.

1. Not anyday, but there are a few diff classes for you to choose, e.g., POA 12-3 Monday; POA 4-7 Friday, then you can pick one of them, but note that the lecturer might be diff. You will not know which lecturers before hand, but you can go and ask around and email the lecturer for their timetable so you can pick the lecturer u want during the SSCE. But also note that there is limited slot, so act fast (esp those good lecturer) HAHA

2. Yes you can pick other mods too, and it is advisable. But some ppl prefer to stay in school longer, cos taking lesser mods means u can focus more (and potentially get higher marks?). Just note that you only can pick 4 mods/year (but you can pick 5 for you final year) and remember to check if there is prerequisite for the mod u wanna take.

3. ECONS: mine was william, pls avoid AHAHAH, i heard chen aidi not bad; Math1 very ez, doesnt matter which lecturer actually (i never attend but still can get A); POA mine was Daniel Tan and he is quite good, but he is a bit naggy cos he's old HAHHAH
Hi, may I ask when the semester break is and for how long? I searched online and people have said it's 3 months, but according to the information on SIMConnect it's only about a month? Which is not enough time for internships...

Usagisan

Reaction score
Hi! Is there any recommended lecturers for the following modules
- microeconomics
- macroeconomics
- elements of econometrics
- asset pricing and financial markets

Tramlet

Reaction score
Hey guys, how does SSCE work? A&F student going to Y2 here. Do I pick by the lines (Y2 must study ME/Micro, FR, MA and APFM/FM) or by whatever I want? Thinking of finishing my electives first.

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
Hi, may I ask when the semester break is and for how long? I searched online and people have said it's 3 months, but according to the information on SIMConnect it's only about a month? Which is not enough time for internships...
It's 3 months at the end, from jun to September

dwwm001

Reaction score
Hi!
Would like to check the recommend lecturers for these modules and if anyone has their email:

- Microeconomics
- Management science methods

Much appreciated!

apo_pooo

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a MDI student going into year 3 soon. I would need to select two elective modules and I'm considering in between HRM, Marketing Management and Entrepreneurship. Anyone who has taken these modules before can suggest which of the two is easier to score? Are there any recommended lecturers? Thanks!

studentintheday

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a year 1 SIM UOL student. Just want to find out how's Lee Chin Choo's Intro to Econs lecture like?

Didnt manage to attend her first lecture, is there anyone here that is in it and can give me some info as to what she went through or given out during the lecture?

dwwm001

Reaction score
Hi I have David Quek's and I would like to know CS chong and Nicholas's email. Do you have telegram so that I can contact you?
Hi, may I check if you still have David Quek's email? thank you!

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a year 1 SIM UOL student. Just want to find out how's Lee Chin Choo's Intro to Econs lecture like?

Didnt manage to attend her first lecture, is there anyone here that is in it and can give me some info as to what she went through or given out during the lecture?
Hey! I think we might be in the same lecture/class (year 1 here too). She only went through block 1, she did upload whatever notes she wrote on her slides via padlet, do check your mymail because she did send out some email.

Last edited:

Vin1234

Reaction score
so i have to take another year to complete 1 mod? thats sad....
Hi man, I did bridging too. But I think we are allowed to fail 1 and still graduate? I think, since the modules we were exempted from are counted as a passed module.
If I’m not wrong. Will be quite sad to repeat one year cuz of one module. I’m so scared too..

marcus933

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone received email from UOL for plagiarism for VSA 2022? Find it kind of weird that they accuse me of plagiarism when the exam was conducted entirely closed book :/

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.