SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know what would happen if I submitted fully handwritten answers instead of word document for an exam with a mix of quantitative & qualitative questions? I can't find any information on which modules require which format, just the general guidelines in the admission notice.

Last edited:

-Mech-

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know what would happen if I submitted fully handwritten answers instead of word document for an exam with a mix of quantitative & qualitative questions? I can't find any information on which modules require which format, just the general guidelines in the admission notice.
Take a look at the VLE, under examination preparation for your module there should be assessment instructions.

Prompting

Reaction score
Exam this year seems to be more difficult compare to previous years

New questions yes, but not really more difficult.
Those that study by spamming pyp will find new questions to be difficult, but these questions test on the same theories and concepts as those pyp qn.
Plus only those that find the paper difficult will voice out, cus those that find it doable will not go around and say that the paper is easy.

xxxibgdrgn

Reaction score
Intro to eco, math1 , accounting
I'm in this emfss whatsapp group where many y2 and y3 also find their paper more challenging.
Perhaps last year many students did well
Took the same papers, found them tougher too :”) PYPs were more doable. Abit worried about results

swamps14

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to go to my 3rd year (BSc Economics), and I have decided on International economics, monetary economics, industrial economics and ESAP. Am pretty confused between taking ESAP or strategy. Which one would you recommend ?? (I just wanna take up a scoring module)
Also, how is monetary econs and industrial econs? how is the difficulty level? content etc? is taking monetary economics worth it?
Thank you! :)

-Mech-

Reaction score
Took the same papers, found them tougher too :”) PYPs were more doable. Abit worried about results
Exam this year seems to be more difficult compare to previous years
All the best to you guys! I'm quite scared since I flunked Microecons already, hoping my other papers aren't too hard also. Was hoping since closed book would be easier :(

jackuru

Reaction score
Hi guys. Im new here. Have UOL ever done resit for IS3167 Management & innovation E business? It mentioned it will add more modules to the list but ebiz is not in there... I took bridging so I can't afford to fail.. I have a feeling that i will fail and it's my last sem..

-Mech-

Reaction score
Hi guys. Im new here. Have UOL ever done resit for IS3167 Management & innovation E business? It mentioned it will add more modules to the list but ebiz is not in there... I took bridging so I can't afford to fail.. I have a feeling that i will fail and it's my last sem..

Hey man, I wouldn't be too optimistic for that, UOL only did the first set of resits last year, and it's only for the really common modules (looks like only 100 and 200 units currently). Don't think E-Business is likely to have a resit this year. Good luck and all the best!

Prompting

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten offers to LSE for Masters? What were your marks in UOL? Thank you.
Avg marks per module round off to 80, got a conditional offer which is to graduate.

Imo just go for it as long as u meet the course's minimum requirements. The entry competition varies every year.

jackuru

Reaction score
Hey man, I wouldn't be too optimistic for that, UOL only did the first set of resits last year, and it's only for the really common modules (looks like only 100 and 200 units currently). Don't think E-Business is likely to have a resit this year. Good luck and all the best!
so i have to take another year to complete 1 mod? thats sad....

ibgxzx

Reaction score
Hi! I'm enrolling into Acct & Finance this August and am quite unfamiliar with the SSCE process. I am hoping if there are any current students willing to answer my questions :)

1. How does SSCE work? Am I able to choose my classes for any day? Will I know who are my lecturers before hand?
2. I have 2 exemptions for my first year modules, hence I will only need to take up a total of 2.5 courses. Is it possible/advisable to take up one more module from 200 units on my first year?
3. Recommended lecturers for (A) Introduction to economics, (B) Mathematics 1, (C) Principles of accounting.

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:

znahsk

Reaction score
Hi! I'm enrolling into Acct & Finance this August and am quite unfamiliar with the SSCE process. I am hoping if there are any current students willing to answer my questions :)

1. How does SSCE work? Am I able to choose my classes for any day? Will I know who are my lecturers before hand?
2. I have 2 exemptions for my first year modules, hence I will only need to take up a total of 2.5 courses. Is it possible/advisable to take up one more module from 200 units on my first year?
3. Recommended lecturers for (A) Introduction to economics, (B) Mathematics 1, (C) Principles of accounting.

Thank you in advance!!
Hey im a Y2 A&F student from uol.

1. Not anyday, but there are a few diff classes for you to choose, e.g., POA 12-3 Monday; POA 4-7 Friday, then you can pick one of them, but note that the lecturer might be diff. You will not know which lecturers before hand, but you can go and ask around and email the lecturer for their timetable so you can pick the lecturer u want during the SSCE. But also note that there is limited slot, so act fast (esp those good lecturer) HAHA

2. Yes you can pick other mods too, and it is advisable. But some ppl prefer to stay in school longer, cos taking lesser mods means u can focus more (and potentially get higher marks?). Just note that you only can pick 4 mods/year (but you can pick 5 for you final year) and remember to check if there is prerequisite for the mod u wanna take.

3. ECONS: mine was william, pls avoid AHAHAH, i heard chen aidi not bad; Math1 very ez, doesnt matter which lecturer actually (i never attend but still can get A); POA mine was Daniel Tan and he is quite good, but he is a bit naggy cos he's old HAHHAH

cheesefriezz

Reaction score
Hey im a Y2 A&F student from uol.

1. Not anyday, but there are a few diff classes for you to choose, e.g., POA 12-3 Monday; POA 4-7 Friday, then you can pick one of them, but note that the lecturer might be diff. You will not know which lecturers before hand, but you can go and ask around and email the lecturer for their timetable so you can pick the lecturer u want during the SSCE. But also note that there is limited slot, so act fast (esp those good lecturer) HAHA

2. Yes you can pick other mods too, and it is advisable. But some ppl prefer to stay in school longer, cos taking lesser mods means u can focus more (and potentially get higher marks?). Just note that you only can pick 4 mods/year (but you can pick 5 for you final year) and remember to check if there is prerequisite for the mod u wanna take.

3. ECONS: mine was william, pls avoid AHAHAH, i heard chen aidi not bad; Math1 very ez, doesnt matter which lecturer actually (i never attend but still can get A); POA mine was Daniel Tan and he is quite good, but he is a bit naggy cos he's old HAHHAH
Hi, may I ask when the semester break is and for how long? I searched online and people have said it's 3 months, but according to the information on SIMConnect it's only about a month? Which is not enough time for internships...

Usagisan

Reaction score
Hi! Is there any recommended lecturers for the following modules
- microeconomics
- macroeconomics
- elements of econometrics
- asset pricing and financial markets

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
Hi, may I ask when the semester break is and for how long? I searched online and people have said it's 3 months, but according to the information on SIMConnect it's only about a month? Which is not enough time for internships...
It's 3 months at the end, from jun to September

dwwm001

Reaction score
Hi!
Would like to check the recommend lecturers for these modules and if anyone has their email:

- Microeconomics
- Management science methods

Much appreciated!

apo_pooo

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a MDI student going into year 3 soon. I would need to select two elective modules and I'm considering in between HRM, Marketing Management and Entrepreneurship. Anyone who has taken these modules before can suggest which of the two is easier to score? Are there any recommended lecturers? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.