SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

maverickdrone

Reaction score
seniors haha, year 1 EnF here. any advice with revision for exams about 1 & 1/2 month away? i left with a few more chapter revision for each modules and will be attempting the pyp soon, just not sure what else I should do to ensure a good score lol.

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seniors haha, year 1 EnF here. any advice with revision for exams about 1 & 1/2 month away? i left with a few more chapter revision for each modules and will be attempting the pyp soon, just not sure what else I should do to ensure a good score lol.
Wah 1 of the hardest course in UOL, the only advice from me should be always to understand the concept of it and not memorise it as they can twist the qns to test your understanding. Practice as much years of PYP as possible. All the best.

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Wah 1 of the hardest course in UOL, the only advice from me should be always to understand the concept of it and not memorise it as they can twist the qns to test your understanding. Practice as much years of PYP as possible. All the best.
a lot of my lecturers told me to do only the past 3 years, some lecturers give pyp up till 2015 some only give 3 years (which can be found in the VLE also...) so i just not sure if it's enough. but yea, guess its best not to memorise since the prelim paper catch me off guard for a bit.

Ilovecocacola

Reaction score
a lot of my lecturers told me to do only the past 3 years, some lecturers give pyp up till 2015 some only give 3 years (which can be found in the VLE also...) so i just not sure if it's enough. but yea, guess its best not to memorise since the prelim paper catch me off guard for a bit.
just try your best. econs in general is very conceptual. it would be very good if you can understand concepts in your own words.

minglelingle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently taking IS3183 Management and Social Media.

My current lecturer is useless. I do not have prelims and UK revision lectures for this mod.

Anyone send help? Idk how to study for this mod....

boopynabmh

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone have a study group that I can join or if anyone would want to form a study group for these modules

• algorithms and data structures I
  • fundamentals of computer science
  • computational mathematics
  • intro to programming 2

Axinte

Reaction score
Hi anyone has the emails for the following?

AC1025 - Principles of accounting [Lecturer(s): Balwant Singh/Chu Mui Kim]
EC1002 - Introduction to economics [Lecturer(s): Chen Aidi]
ST104A - Statistics 1 (half module) [Lecturer(s): Tan Suat Pheng]
MT105A - Mathematics 1 (half module) [Lecturer(s): Tjang Joli]
FN1024 - Principles of banking and finance [Lecturer(s): Koh Siew Min/Cheong Yoke Lin Ivy]

Kindly PM me please, thank you very much!

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Hi anyone has the emails for the following?

AC1025 - Principles of accounting [Lecturer(s): Balwant Singh/Chu Mui Kim]
EC1002 - Introduction to economics [Lecturer(s): Chen Aidi]
ST104A - Statistics 1 (half module) [Lecturer(s): Tan Suat Pheng]
MT105A - Mathematics 1 (half module) [Lecturer(s): Tjang Joli]
FN1024 - Principles of banking and finance [Lecturer(s): Koh Siew Min/Cheong Yoke Lin Ivy]

Kindly PM me please, thank you very much!
for Tjang Joli, she don't really check her email. I'm in her class but i forget whats her alternative mode of contact (it was the first day of school and i was zoning out so hahah)

Axinte

Reaction score
for Tjang Joli, she don't really check her email. I'm in her class but i forget whats her alternative mode of contact (it was the first day of school and i was zoning out so hahah)
Oh really? Then how do you get to know her timetable? Does her timetable change frequently every year?

If her timetable doesn't change frequently, could you please kindly send me her timetable? Thanks in advance!

maverickdrone

Reaction score
I just feel like telling the whole world this. LOL
I want to recommend a very very nice and good teacher for Mathematics 1. I know it is an easy subject for most people, but, it might also a difficult subject for some people. When it comes to math, I think you need a patient and nice teacher. A teacher who has the time and is very willingly to answer your questions. A teacher who teaches step by step and is very patient. The teacher's name is Joli. I don't know her full name, because I was not from her class. However, I went to her class every lecture. She might or might not know I wasn't her student, but she didn't kick me out. She likes to go around the class and ask whether everyone is doing fine. Even if I am not her student, she still cares about my performance. I got 100 in mathematics 1! Well of course, this year is online exam and plus we are given 24 hours. But, the teacher is still very very good. That's my point. Her notes are also good. She writes her notes, and then she send the notes in pdf format to every students. I got her notes from my friend cuz I was not her student. So, anyone who is taking mathematics 1, and if you are a slow learner, choose Joli! This is her email. joli001 @mymail.sim.edu.sg

I know Thng Kok Wai is also popular, I have also went to his class. But, I like Joli better. Both are good actually. It's just I prefer female teacher who is very patient and smiles. So, I feel very comfortable asking questions.

i am not exactly sure of her full class timetable, since she teach math 1 and mathematical methods (which is what im taking) but if you scroll back to previous post on this thread, seems like most of her classes are on wednesday or thursday. i didn't know her timetable, i get her class by pure luck LMAO. they mention her email in the quote above, you can try and email her to see if she reply!

Oh really? Then how do you get to know her timetable? Does her timetable change frequently every year?

If her timetable doesn't change frequently, could you please kindly send me her timetable? Thanks in advance!
^^

IamSada85

Reaction score
Hi All, asking a Noob question. For SIM UOL school fees hor, is it pay via FlyWire ah? I abit confuse lei my cousin say can pay by FlyWire.

Anyone here got pay by FlyWire before mah?

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Hi All, asking a Noob question. For SIM UOL school fees hor, is it pay via FlyWire ah? I abit confuse lei my cousin say can pay by FlyWire.

Anyone here got pay by FlyWire before mah?
hahaha i got made a comment before but i delete it because it was outdated information (and also UOL reply me reallly late on this). anyways, theres two payment your cousin have to make: 1) directly to SIM & 2) directly to UOL. Payment to SIM is usually cheque or paynow (the school prefer if you pay by paynow). To UOL is flywire, Flywire is like paypal minus the exorbitant fees. You can pay with paynow, credit card, or direct bank transfer in their flywire platform. Basically flywire is the middle man for UOL in terms of receiving school fees.

IamSada85

Reaction score
hahaha i got made a comment before but i delete it because it was outdated information (and also UOL reply me reallly late on this). anyways, theres two payment your cousin have to make: 1) directly to SIM & 2) directly to UOL. Payment to SIM is usually cheque or paynow (the school prefer if you pay by paynow). To UOL is flywire, Flywire is like paypal minus the exorbitant fees. You can pay with paynow, credit card, or direct bank transfer in their flywire platform. Basically flywire is the middle man for UOL in terms of receiving school fees.
Thank u so much Mav!
Cheers

mehmin

Reaction score
Hi, I have free SIM lecture notes/Subject guides (with some notes inside) to give away.

Modules:
- Auditing
- Financial Management
- Principle of banking and finance

If keen, please reply or message ya, thanks!

-Mech-

Reaction score
Just finished my last paper for this year, wish all the best to everyone! Hope y'all have good news in Aug when results are released :)

If anyone's taking E-Business next year hit me up, looking for a study buddy now to get on the right track since we have no more recordings, mandatory assignments and prelims heh

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Just finished my last paper for this year, wish all the best to everyone! Hope y'all have good news in Aug when results are released :)

If anyone's taking E-Business next year hit me up, looking for a study buddy now to get on the right track since we have no more recordings, mandatory assignments and prelims heh
where did you hear this information from? i thought the school is planning to introduce graded assignments sometime the next school term (at least, that was what SIM said during induction day, not UOL). why would they remove recordings.... it didn't really affect the attendance since most students still show up anyways 😭😭😭

-Mech-

Reaction score
where did you hear this information from? i thought the school is planning to introduce graded assignments sometime the next school term (at least, that was what SIM said during induction day, not UOL). why would they remove recordings.... it didn't really affect the attendance since most students still show up anyways 😭😭😭
Emailed in to support regarding the class recordings I could have access to when I was busy with reservist duties, then they included that in my reply.

Thank you for the email.

Allow us to explain how the classroom recordings work for Academic Year 2022/23.
eg: Lecturer teaches 3 classes for module A. Only 1 of the class would be equip with the classroom recording facilities. Thus, with this particular recording, it will then be shared with the other 2 classes' students.

During the next lesson, you may wish to explain to the lecturer you were absent from a couple of lectures due to reservist and would like to find out what you have missed out.

Kindly note that for Academic Year 2023/24, there will no longer be any classroom recordings.

Best regards,
SIM-UOL Admin

maverickdrone

Reaction score
Emailed in to support regarding the class recordings I could have access to when I was busy with reservist duties, then they included that in my reply.
thanks for sharing! damn, classroom recordings is really helpful for me since i have like short attention span lol. All the best for your results btw, hope it turns out well for you.

Idkwhatimdoing

Reaction score
Hi i missed the fod and induction since my mymail was a mess and i didnt receive the email on time to register!! So am i fked or is it just a normal orientation??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.