Sineoji 600 Mbps Gigabit Homeplug $33 at 11 am !

mOomOo

Reaction score
think it's available from zxyel Singapore only.
Was wondering how sineoji fares against the linksys and zxyel.. oh well i bought the sineoji pl600epg to replace my hl280e. hopefully it is all good

getting 200mbps out of 300mbps locally. 20-30 mbps increase from my hl280e. hopefully it can survive at least 3 yrs. (my pair is switched on 24/7/365days)

update:
speeds are not very consistent. will do more tests.

Last edited:

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
think it's available from zxyel Singapore only.
Was wondering how sineoji fares against the linksys and zxyel.. oh well i bought the sineoji pl600epg to replace my hl280e. hopefully it is all good

getting 200mbps out of 300mbps locally. 20-30 mbps increase from my hl280e. hopefully it can survive at least 3 yrs. (my pair is switched on 24/7/365days)

If it is available from Xylem Singapore, then can get it through CDL. So far,the only retail AV2 home plugs are Aztech, Sineoji and Prolink. I have all of them, but no time to test their performance yet.

mOomOo

Reaction score
Sineoji 600 Mbps Homeplug with Pass Through seems to be very sensitive to electric interference from my appliances ... speed tests drop to 100-120mbps from 170mbps when another socket is used. :(

waiken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sineoji 600 Mbps Homeplug with Pass Through seems to be very sensitive to electric interference from my appliances ... speed tests drop to 100-120mbps from 170mbps when another socket is used. :(

yup tried diff wall socket in the living room can drop frm 80mbps to 40.... i thought of trying to shorten the distance between them will hlp

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
When setting up. Do not b surprise that even on the same circuit line, you may even have connectivity issues.

xuanzang123

Reaction score
ELECTRICAL NOISE INTERFERENCE

Electrical Load Test between Aztech 600Mbps AV2 and Sineoji 600Mbps AV2. Inject electrical loads on each brand of homeplug to generate electrical noise interference and benchmarking the speed test under this conditions.

This test is conducted by placing electrical load into the power socket outlet next to the homeplug and having additional electrical load connecting to the Pass Through outlet of the HomePlug.

Electrical Load does impact the throughput of the homeplug powerline but at what rate will the throughput be declining when such load is injected ?

Aztech 600Mbps AV2 and Sineoji 600 AV2 was put to this test conditions to measure the speed test when multiple loads is placed next to the power socket outlet of the homeplug and the pass through at both ends.

Variation of the results obtained from the Aztech and Sineoji when multiple loads is injected.

Check the video to see the results

Aztech 600Mbps AV2 - MULIPLE ELECTRICAL LOADS INJECTED ON POWER OUTLET AND PASS THROUGH
Speed Test : Download Speed : 70 Mbps, Upload Speed 69 Mbps

Sineoji 600Mbps AV2 - MULTIPLE ELECTRICAL LOADS INJECTED ON POWER OUTLET AND PASS THROUGH
Speed Test : Download Speed : 108 Mbps, Upload Speed 120 Mbps

Pepsi330ml

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
The homeplug that is at the router side, can it be on a multiplug?
i use it for my ont, router and nas.

at the other end, multi plug is no problem rite?

Robert

Master Member
Reaction score
I have Starhub Fibre 500Mbps.

ONT > DLINK 1750AC > 600EPG > 600EG > Desktop
Speed is only 80Mbps

ONT > DLINK 1750AC > Desktop
Speed is 490 Mbps

Did the firmware upgrade and the centre LED was flashing RED. Originally all GREEN.

xuanzang123

Reaction score
I have Starhub Fibre 500Mbps.

ONT > DLINK 1750AC > 600EPG > 600EG > Desktop
Speed is only 80Mbps

ONT > DLINK 1750AC > Desktop
Speed is 490 Mbps

Did the firmware upgrade and the centre LED was flashing RED. Originally all GREEN.

Robert I have the same configuration as yours. Is your pair of homeplugs plugged directly to wall socket or power extension strip ? If it is, plug directly to the wall socket.

ONT--Asus Router---600EPG (Living Hall) --------------600EG--PC(Bedroom)

600EG upgrade to new firmware.

Speed Test - Download 138 Mbps, Upload 141 Mbps

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a funny situation. Homeplug connected to router have all green leds lighted up then another homeplug connected to iptv at first have leds light then after awhile i neber on the iptv the plug not lighted up. So does sineoji homeplug have sleep mode? Lol emailed to sineoji but was told someone will call me and im still waiting.

Last edited:

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
I have a funny situation. Homeplug connected to router have all green leds lighted up then another homeplug connected to iptv at first have leds light then after awhile i neber on the iptv the plug not lighted up. So does sineoji homeplug have sleep mode? Lol emailed to sineoji but was told someone will call me and im still waiting.

Hi Lorettatay,

When your homeplug is connected to the router where it has established a link between your router and homeplug, there is activity and it will exhibit the light indicators, Power, Data and Ethernet. However, when there is no data activity, it will go on standby mode in the case where your IPTV is not on, there is no data activity.

Hope this helps,

Sineoji

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Lorettatay,

When your homeplug is connected to the router where it has established a link between your router and homeplug, there is activity and it will exhibit the light indicators, Power, Data and Ethernet. However, when there is no data activity, it will go on standby mode in the case where your IPTV is not on, there is no data activity.

Hope this helps,

Sineoji

oh i see. Thanks.

tormont

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i just bought 2 powerline adapters, 1 is the sineoji PL600EPG and the other is a TP-link WPA4220 (av 500mbps 300mbps wifi extender). and i set it up as followed:

Zhone Router/ONT --> PL600EPG --> TP-link WPA4220 ---> (via ethernet) PC

They can be paired without much trouble. i went on to perform a speedtest on the pc that is connected to the WPA4220 via ethernet cable (cat 5e), apparently the throughput seems good (90mbps down 90bmps up).

However, when the speedtest is running, about 10sec after starting the test, i realised that the download speed dropped to zero and stayed on for like 5sec before climbing back up to 90mbps. sometimes, in 1 speedtest, the connection dropped to 0kbps like 2 times.

Any idea what causes this instability? or is it because the 2 adapters are of different brands? will it be better if i get a sineoji powerline wireless extender?

Also anyone with sineoji powerline wireless extender, could i enquire about the wireless throughput and signal strength. Is the wireless signal strength strong?

Last edited:

xuanzang123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i just bought 2 powerline adapters, 1 is the sineoji PL600EPG and the other is a TP-link WPA4220 (av 500mbps 300mbps wifi extender). and i set it up as followed:

Zhone Router/ONT --> PL600EPG --> TP-link WPA4220 ---> (via ethernet) PC

They can be paired without much trouble. i went on to perform a speedtest on the pc that is connected to the WPA4220 via ethernet cable (cat 5e), apparently the throughput seems good (90mbps down 90bmps up).

However, when the speedtest is running, about 10sec after starting the test, i realised that the download speed dropped to zero and stayed on for like 5sec before climbing back up to 90mbps. sometimes, in 1 speedtest, the connection dropped to 0kbps like 2 times.

Any idea what causes this instability? or is it because the 2 adapters are of different brands? will it be better if i get a sineoji powerline wireless extender?

Also anyone with sineoji powerline wireless extender, could i enquire about the wireless throughput and signal strength. Is the wireless signal strength strong?

Router=>Sineoji 600=> Sineoji PL500EW=>via Ethernet and wireless

Here is a video with a Sineoji 600 Homeplug connected to the router and the other end is a Sineoji 500 Homeplug with a wireless extender. Speed Test on wired and wireless connected to the Sineoji 500 Mbps Homeplug with wireless, PL500EW.

tormont

Reaction score
Router=>Sineoji 600=> Sineoji PL500EW=>via Ethernet and wireless

Here is a video with a Sineoji 600 Homeplug connected to the router and the other end is a Sineoji 500 Homeplug with a wireless extender. Speed Test on wired and wireless connected to the Sineoji 500 Mbps Homeplug with wireless, PL500EW.

Thanks! i went to exchange the TP-LINK WPA4220 with sineoji PL500EW. I found that the upload speed is not as good when using ethernet. With TP-link WPA4220 i am able to fetch 94mbps but PL500EW i'm only able to get 70-75mbps. Download speed appears to be pretty similar for both (>90mbps).

I pair PL600PEG with PL500EW and performed a speedtest, the PL600PEG appeared to be green for all the indicators when the test is at the download phase, however during the upload phase, the PL600PEG turns amber/red light. This wasn't observed when i pair PL600PEG with TP-link WPA4220.

Any idea why this is so? Any way to resolve this issue? i'm new to using powerline/homeplugs. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Last edited:

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks! i went to exchange the TP-LINK WPA4220 with sineoji PL500EW. I found that the upload speed is not as good when using ethernet. With TP-link WPA4220 i am able to fetch 94mbps but PL500EW i'm only able to get 70-75mbps. Download speed appears to be pretty similar for both (>90mbps).

I pair PL600PEG with PL500EW and performed a speedtest, the PL600PEG appeared to be green for all the indicators when the test is at the download phase, however during the upload phase, the PL600PEG turns amber/red light. This wasn't observed when i pair PL600PEG with TP-link WPA4220.

Any idea why this is so? Any way to resolve this issue? i'm new to using powerline/homeplugs. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Tormont,

You may increase the bandwidth frequency of the PL500EW from 20Mhz to 40 Mhz. There are 3 parameters, 20 Mhz, 20/40Mhz (Auto) and 40 Mhz. Factory defaults is 20 Mhz. This will improve the download and upload speed. IP address for the setup of the PL500EW will be 192.168.33.1 but ensure that you configure a static IP address on your PC 192.168.33.XXX and your subnet mask 255.255.255.0

If you encounter any difficulty, do give us a call at our hotline as we operate from Mon - Sun from 9 am to 12 midnight.

Sineoji

tormont

Reaction score
Tormont,

You may increase the bandwidth frequency of the PL500EW from 20Mhz to 40 Mhz. There are 3 parameters, 20 Mhz, 20/40Mhz (Auto) and 40 Mhz. Factory defaults is 20 Mhz. This will improve the download and upload speed. IP address for the setup of the PL500EW will be 192.168.33.1 but ensure that you configure a static IP address on your PC 192.168.33.XXX and your subnet mask 255.255.255.0

If you encounter any difficulty, do give us a call at our hotline as we operate from Mon - Sun from 9 am to 12 midnight.

Sineoji

Hi!

thanks for your reply. I would like to know if i set it to 40MHz, would devices that cannot utilise 40MHz be affected?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi!

thanks for your reply. I would like to know if i set it to 40MHz, would devices that cannot utilise 40MHz be affected?

Hi Tormont

It might, you may want to be on the safe side by setting to 20/40 Mhz (Auto)

Sineoji

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.