Sineoji 600 Mbps Gigabit Homeplug $33 at 11 am !

fourplay

Reaction score
It is obvious that you should not surge protectors on the pass through of your homeplug. Homeplugs dislikes surge protectors.

What is the speed test you are getting from your fibre broadband and what is your fibre broadband subscribed speed ?

Hi Xuanzang,

So are you suggesting that it is better for me to connect my PC equipment to the homeplug socket using normal multiplug instead?

My broadband is 100Mbps. I am getting around 100 down, 80+ up. If I go direct without homeplug, I can get around 107 Mbps both sides.

senser

Reaction score
bought 2 AV2 600mbps sineoji with AC passthru...why the web site say "generate no heat"...darn! the homeplug are quite hot to the touch!

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
HI all,

I have just recently bought a pair of the sineoji 600mbps to connect one of the bedroom with the fiber setup at living room. I was initially using Aztech 200mbps, and I could manage around 7 - 8 MBps of data transfer in internal network (to the NAS). With the Sineoji, I am getting around 10 - 11MByte/s (at best times, it can reach around 13- 14MBps), which only translates to around 110Mbit/s. I am using cat 5e cables and all connection are gigabit capable.

Could someone provide any suggestion on what to be done? I have tested by placing the homeplug to the next electrical plug, and indeed I am getting around 18 - 19 MB/s. Majority of my electrical devices are connected through Belkin / APC surge protection which carries filtering (Note: the homeplug is connected direct to the wall socket, and all internet and PC-related power are connected through the homeplug.

Dear Fourplay,

Your fibre broadband speed subscription plan is : 100 Mbps

Speed Test (without homeplugs) : Download 107 Mbps, Upload 107 Mbps
Speed Test (with Sineoji 600 Homeplugs) : Download 100 Mbps, upload 80 Mbps

Based on this results, you are achieving a perfect benchmark taking into consideration of the overhead factors across powerlines.

Based on your download and upload link from your Nas to your PC, an average transfer rate over your homeplug powerline is 10-11 MB/Sec which equates to 80-88 Mbps. At best times, you are achieving 13-14 MB/Sec, approx. 104-112 Mbps.

Homeplug throughput are very dependent on the condition of the powerline and the governing factor of the noise level and the electrical signal of the attenuation. If there is a high noise level, this will impact the powerline speed as which the homeplug is suppose to deliver. Halogen lights, Power chargers etc. when placed side by side with homeplugs will interfere and induced high noise levels.

Every appliances within the home when turned on will introduce noise levels. The distance between the 2 homeplugs over the powerlines is also subjective to noise levels as distance does contribute one of the factors.

Suggestive ways of improvements ? it is always advisable to try on different power sockets to obtain the optimize results.

Sineoji

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Where to get the 600 Mbps with ac pass through at $63 per pc ? Challenger is selling $139 for a pair.

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
Hi

I bought 3 sets of the Sineoji 600mbps (AC Passthrough) PL600EPG during the PC show over the weekend. Initially, when I tested the 3 homeplugs, they seemed to be working fine. The way I connect them is, the first one is connected to the wall outlet closest to my router in my bedroom, while the other 2 homeplugs are in 2 other rooms. I'm on Singtel's 200mbs plan and for each of the rooms, I did a speedtest and was able to get 100-ish DL speeds for both rooms.

However, since last night, in one of the rooms, the lights on the homeplug suddenly turned red/orange and the speeds have dropped to 3-4Mbs. I tried to reset the thing and subsequently unplugging it but this seemed to have made it worse as I am now unable to even get a connection. For the other homeplug in the other room, it appears to be still working fine.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

fourplay

Reaction score
Dear Fourplay,

Your fibre broadband speed subscription plan is : 100 Mbps

Speed Test (without homeplugs) : Download 107 Mbps, Upload 107 Mbps
Speed Test (with Sineoji 600 Homeplugs) : Download 100 Mbps, upload 80 Mbps

Based on this results, you are achieving a perfect benchmark taking into consideration of the overhead factors across powerlines.

Based on your download and upload link from your Nas to your PC, an average transfer rate over your homeplug powerline is 10-11 MB/Sec which equates to 80-88 Mbps. At best times, you are achieving 13-14 MB/Sec, approx. 104-112 Mbps.

Homeplug throughput are very dependent on the condition of the powerline and the governing factor of the noise level and the electrical signal of the attenuation. If there is a high noise level, this will impact the powerline speed as which the homeplug is suppose to deliver. Halogen lights, Power chargers etc. when placed side by side with homeplugs will interfere and induced high noise levels.

Every appliances within the home when turned on will introduce noise levels. The distance between the 2 homeplugs over the powerlines is also subjective to noise levels as distance does contribute one of the factors.

Suggestive ways of improvements ? it is always advisable to try on different power sockets to obtain the optimize results.

Sineoji

Hi there,

Again, as per discussed in the service call, Internal network's transfer rate would be the benchmark here. I am looking at having better transfer rate in the internal network, not so much to the internet. I am perfectly happy with internet connection. However, I am using the homeplug primarily for backing up solution, which needs fast transfer rate. I am certainly hoping I could have the transfer rate as what some of the member here has, I see some managed to get a throughput of around 230Mbps (which translates to around 26 MByte/s), that would be perfect for internal connection too.

I do a lot of tests around the house, and I do notice some equipments create more issue that others. Do anyone has any suggestion or any experience with power filter? Any plug that is specially to reduce EMI?

Thanks!

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi

I bought 3 sets of the Sineoji 600mbps (AC Passthrough) PL600EPG during the PC show over the weekend. Initially, when I tested the 3 homeplugs, they seemed to be working fine. The way I connect them is, the first one is connected to the wall outlet closest to my router in my bedroom, while the other 2 homeplugs are in 2 other rooms. I'm on Singtel's 200mbs plan and for each of the rooms, I did a speedtest and was able to get 100-ish DL speeds for both rooms.

However, since last night, in one of the rooms, the lights on the homeplug suddenly turned red/orange and the speeds have dropped to 3-4Mbs. I tried to reset the thing and subsequently unplugging it but this seemed to have made it worse as I am now unable to even get a connection. For the other homeplug in the other room, it appears to be still working fine.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Ragemeteora81,

If the homeplug data indicates a RED/AMBER, it is a sign of the noise interference along the powerlines. Usually in the night where many appliances is turned on that might have cause this noise level to stir up as a result. If appliances are not in used, turned it off regardless if they are on the wall sockets or power strips.

The fact that you are unable to obtain a connection from the homeplug after you reset as it has been unpaired.

Follow this steps for pairing.

1. Plug the homeplug to the wall socket and power it on.
2. Press the security button located on the right side for 1 or 2 second and release.
3. Observe the power LED, it should start blinking. When it starts blinking, move on to the other homeplug, it doesn't matter if it is the one in the living hall or bedroom. Press the security button for 1 or 2 second and release. Power LED starts blinking.
4. The DATA LED will be lighted.
5. Homeplugs is paired.

If you need any assistance, do call us at our hotline.

Sineoji

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi there,

Again, as per discussed in the service call, Internal network's transfer rate would be the benchmark here. I am looking at having better transfer rate in the internal network, not so much to the internet. I am perfectly happy with internet connection. However, I am using the homeplug primarily for backing up solution, which needs fast transfer rate. I am certainly hoping I could have the transfer rate as what some of the member here has, I see some managed to get a throughput of around 230Mbps (which translates to around 26 MByte/s), that would be perfect for internal connection too.

I do a lot of tests around the house, and I do notice some equipments create more issue that others. Do anyone has any suggestion or any experience with power filter? Any plug that is specially to reduce EMI?

Thanks!

Hi fourplay,

To achieve 26 MB/sec across your home network via homeplugs powerline is still dependent on the condition of your powerlines such as the noise level and the attenuation factor.

Some may achieve as their attenuation is low. Did you isolate your surge protectors from the homeplugs ?

Sineoji

fourplay

Reaction score
Hi fourplay,

To achieve 26 MB/sec across your home network via homeplugs powerline is still dependent on the condition of your powerlines such as the noise level and the attenuation factor.

Some may achieve as their attenuation is low. Did you isolate your surge protectors from the homeplugs ?

Sineoji

Hi there,

How would you propose the isolation to be done? For example, I tested that it is better for my PC which is connected to surge protector, to be connected to homeplug's pass through connection rather than direct to the electrical socket. Is that normal?

As for the EMI filter, any suggestion to that?

orhanzi

Master Member
Reaction score
i am getting red LED signal as well. 10 to 34 mbps from speednet. is the current batch of homeplug having problem ?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
When the Data LED exhibits RED, it is basically indicating noise interference along the stretch of powerlines. There is RED, AMBER and GREEN.

When the powerline condition is poor, is an indicative measure from the chipset to exhibit RED or AMBER.

Try to relocate your plugs to a different wall socket. In the event by placing different wall sockets and yet it is exhibiting RED, the powerline condition is bad.

This explains the reasons the variation of the throughput with the same pair of homeplugs obtaining different speed test benchmarks at different homes as the line condition and the attenuation factor is different.

If the line condition is poor, homeplugs cannot perform and you will be obtaining a low throughput.

Every household line condition is different. If the line condition has a high attenuation factor and noise level, one cannot expect the homeplug to exhibit green in the data activity.

Sineoji

orhanzi

Master Member
Reaction score
When the Data LED exhibits RED, it is basically indicating noise interference along the stretch of powerlines. There is RED, AMBER and GREEN.

When the powerline condition is poor, is an indicative measure from the chipset to exhibit RED or AMBER.

Try to relocate your plugs to a different wall socket. In the event by placing different wall sockets and yet it is exhibiting RED, the powerline condition is bad.

This explains the reasons the variation of the throughput with the same pair of homeplugs obtaining different speed test benchmarks at different homes as the line condition and the attenuation factor is different.

If the line condition is poor, homeplugs cannot perform and you will be obtaining a low throughput.

Every household line condition is different. If the line condition has a high attenuation factor and noise level, one cannot expect the homeplug to exhibit green in the data activity.

Sineoji

I had tried using different sockets, but still getting red. Sometimes I can get 30+ mbps, sonetimes it gets as low as below 10 mbps =(

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
An update :

We went onsite to one of the forum member residence who was experiencing 40+ download speed and 40+ upload speed with his pair of Sineoji PL600EPG on his 200 Mbps fibre broadband. Data activity is constantly RED for both homeplugs.

Primary homeplug connected to the living hall where the TV console is. Data activity is RED.

Secondary homeplug in the study room where there are 3 power sockets. Tested all 3 sockets, homeplug data activity turns RED and the download and upload speed test was 40+ Mbps and 40+ Mbps respectively.

We relocate the primary homeplug to a power socket where the ONT is, instead of the TV console. Data activity turns green. The secondary homeplug in the study room, data activity turns green on the 2 power sockets. Speed Test was 90+ Mbps download and 100+ Mbps upload.

We move on by relocating the secondary homeplug to another common room. Data activity turns green. The download speed test was 90+ Mbps and 100+ Mbps upload.

Further test was conducted by placing the secondary homeplug on the power socket along the corridor of the common bedrooms. Data activity is green and the download speed was 90+ Mbps and upload was 160+ Mbps.

The power socket where the TV console was, is the root cause that generate the high noise level impacting the secondary homeplug despite all sockets used.

Sineoji

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
Can I check, for one of my secondary rooms, if I have 2 wall sockets side by side, is it better to connect the homeplug (has AC passthru) into one of them, and my multi plug extension (which is for my PC etc.) into the other?

Thanks

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Can I check, for one of my secondary rooms, if I have 2 wall sockets side by side, is it better to connect the homeplug (has AC passthru) into one of them, and my multi plug extension (which is for my PC etc.) into the other?

Thanks

Dear Ragemeteora81,

If you have 2 sockets side by side, plug in the homeplug into one of the socket and have the homeplug pass through serve the multi plug extension. The pass through has an AC noise filter as this will help to reduce and filter any unnecessary noise. Hence, you have one socket that is unused.

If you would to place the multi plug extension into a socket next to the homeplug, noise interference will kick in subject to the type of appliances on the mutli plug extension. Keep a look out for power charges, power adapters etc.

Sineoji

ET_phonehome

Reaction score
have to commend sineoji for their effort, i can attest to their customer service as i'm one of those beneficiaries :)

An update :

We went onsite to one of the forum member residence who was experiencing 40+ download speed and 40+ upload speed with his pair of Sineoji PL600EPG on his 200 Mbps fibre broadband. Data activity is constantly RED for both homeplugs.

Primary homeplug connected to the living hall where the TV console is. Data activity is RED.

Secondary homeplug in the study room where there are 3 power sockets. Tested all 3 sockets, homeplug data activity turns RED and the download and upload speed test was 40+ Mbps and 40+ Mbps respectively.

We relocate the primary homeplug to a power socket where the ONT is, instead of the TV console. Data activity turns green. The secondary homeplug in the study room, data activity turns green on the 2 power sockets. Speed Test was 90+ Mbps download and 100+ Mbps upload.

We move on by relocating the secondary homeplug to another common room. Data activity turns green. The download speed test was 90+ Mbps and 100+ Mbps upload.

Further test was conducted by placing the secondary homeplug on the power socket along the corridor of the common bedrooms. Data activity is green and the download speed was 90+ Mbps and upload was 160+ Mbps.

The power socket where the TV console was, is the root cause that generate the high noise level impacting the secondary homeplug despite all sockets used.

Sineoji

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
Dear Ragemeteora81,

If you have 2 sockets side by side, plug in the homeplug into one of the socket and have the homeplug pass through serve the multi plug extension. The pass through has an AC noise filter as this will help to reduce and filter any unnecessary noise. Hence, you have one socket that is unused.

If you would to place the multi plug extension into a socket next to the homeplug, noise interference will kick in subject to the type of appliances on the mutli plug extension. Keep a look out for power charges, power adapters etc.

Sineoji

Thanks man, appreciate the prompt response! :)

StyL3-Ivan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got 2 Sineoji PL600EPG adapters and is running at 100M Singtel Fibre. I manage to get 90-100Mb using Speedtest, but recently i upgrade my plan to 300M. To my horror, when i run my Speedtest, it is showing me 90-100Mb!!

No issue with my 300M, coz when i test a direct connection, it give me 300Mb.
It happens when my main adapter is in living room, and the secondary adapter in my bedroom.

The adapter LED lights are all blinking in green. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.