Singapore Digital TV discussion thread - all related talk, please post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a DVB-T2 receiver box from ebay, scan and got a list of channels:

001 NDP
002 Beautiful Singapore
003 Taiji
004 CNN (scrambled)
005 BBC World (scrambled)
:
:
009 HBO (scrambled)
010 Fox Movies (scrambled)
:
:
018 Discovery Channel (scrambled)
:
:

Only the first 3 channels above are viewable but they are just looping and replaying the same clip. Where are the usual channel 5,8,news Asia, etc?

I am able to get the usual channels using an older USB PCTV stick on DVB-T.

Does it mean that the DVB-T2 box I bought is working properly? Need to wait till December 2013 to get those usually channels?

Thank you for any insights and pardon if the question is flawed.
Just want to know if that the DVB-T2 (seems to be made for Russia) is something I can use in future...?

Does your DVB-T2 box support DVB-T mode too? If not, then u will have to wait until MediaCorp broadcasts the DVB-T2 channels.

prosumer

Reaction score
I don't think so, just DVB-T2...

Fully comply with DVB-T2 and H.264,AVC,MPEG4,Mpeg2 Standard
The maximum speed of the traffic flow of at least 50 Mbit/sec
In the 32K mode a larger part of the standard &MHz channel can be used,adding about 2% extra capacity.
HDMI 1.3 (up to 1080P) Output
Support EPG Display present/Next TV program
DVB-T2 is specified for 1.7,5,6,7,8,and 10Mhz channel bandwidth
PAL&NTSC Auto Switch
Support VBI&OSD teletext,OSD subtitle,LCN
TV SCART jack
Multi-languages support
Auto/Manual scan
1000 channels
parent control
Support Timer recording
Eup
Support USB Software Upgrade/Media playback & Recording optional
Real-time recording function with delay

Anyway, will wait a few more months. Thx!

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hears the dvb t2 launch is postponed to next year 2014.true?

Just like our "first" class fibre system and previously the digital TV on the bus. This would not be a surprised to me. Typically these people talk and plan, but do not implement. I hope they better have a good coverage island wide this round and do not end up like to poor Telco coverage on hand phone system.

Windowlover

Reaction score
That the problem .. So usually no official launch date inform to cover their backside.. :s13:

camoguysg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a philips HDTV recently. Last night i was able to watch hd5 for a while (10mins) before the tv suddenly black out and said no signals. All my other channels were affected too.

When I tried retuning it either dvb-t I can only receive normal channels, no hd5. When I tried dvb-c, no channels are found. Do u know what could be cashing the issue? I have already change the cord but still like that....

Does anyone have any experience with the philips tv? Hope to get your advice...... Thanks so much.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a philips HDTV recently. Last night i was able to watch hd5 for a while (10mins) before the tv suddenly black out and said no signals. All my other channels were affected too.

When I tried retuning it either dvb-t I can only receive normal channels, no hd5. When I tried dvb-c, no channels are found. Do u know what could be cashing the issue? I have already change the cord but still like that....

Does anyone have any experience with the philips tv? Hope to get your advice...... Thanks so much.

For DVB-T u have to tune using the aerial antenna.

For DVB-C u have to tune using the StarHub wall antenna (the box in the wall).

Uraku Asia

Reaction score
DVB-T2 Signal for HD5 , 8 and CNA are in broadcasting today.

Do your DVB-T2 receiver able to get?

infocus

Reaction score
DVB-T2 Signal for HD5 , 8 and CNA are in broadcasting today.

Do your DVB-T2 receiver able to get?

is the DVB-T2 signal stronger than DVB-T for Mediacorp's implementation? it will be great if it is as the current DVB-T signal strength for some areas is really cannot make it

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i got a panny st30....the tv can choose analogu and digital...but cant find anything on digital le....i just need to plug my tv into the antenna port right? Anything im missng? Thanks.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Does that mean I need to change my current tv antenna points in my house as well?

Thanks

Last edited:

Uraku Asia

Reaction score
is the DVB-T2 signal stronger than DVB-T for Mediacorp's implementation? it will be great if it is as the current DVB-T signal strength for some areas is really cannot make it

Current our DVB-T2 receiver is connected to rooftop antenna, so can not compare it now. We will find it out later.

DVB-T Channels:
610Mhz
1- 8
2- 5
3- CNA
4- 5(HD)

DVB-T2 Channels:

522Mhz
1. CNA
2. Test 3

538Mhz
1.CH5 (HD)
2.Test 1

554Mhz
1.CNA
2.Test 2

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i got a panny st30....the tv can choose analogu and digital...but cant find anything on digital le....i just need to plug my tv into the antenna port right? Anything im missng? Thanks.
Which type of antenna port do you have - hdb, starhub or your own antennae as in landed property?

Did you auto-tune the tv?

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which type of antenna port do you have - hdb, starhub or your own antennae as in landed property?

Did you auto-tune the tv?

Hdb de...i change to digital channels than auto search bo le...

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current our DVB-T2 receiver is connected to rooftop antenna, so can not compare it now. We will find it out later.

DVB-T Channels:
610Mhz
1- 8
2- 5
3- CNA
4- 5(HD)

DVB-T2 Channels:

522Mhz
1. CNA
2. Test 3

538Mhz
1.CH5 (HD)
2.Test 1

554Mhz
1.CNA
2.Test 2

the t2 frequency confirmed liao?

let me try..

andmic04

Reaction score
I couldn't get any t2 channel as mentioned above.
I only managed to receive dvb-t signal.. anyone can confirm on what being claim.

KardBoard

Reaction score

DVB-T Channels:
610Mhz
1- 8
2- 5
3- CNA
4- 5(HD)

DVB-T2 Channels:

522Mhz
1. CNA
2. Test 3

538Mhz
1.CH5 (HD)
2.Test 1

554Mhz
1.CNA
2.Test 2

which area u live?thnks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.