Singapore Digital TV discussion thread - all related talk, please post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinz

Reaction score
Bro, you using sony bravia 32 W674A TV? Are you using the build in DVB-T2 to get the hd channels?

Yup!! The test channels very clear.. Later got time I post from my HD media files to compare ...

Last edited:

edwinz

Reaction score
Yes it's true. Just in case you missed my YouTube link.

Woah... Now I understand...Thanks a lot!
But why the test channels clearer when both were 1080i?
I think it's because the source native format is lower res for some channels vs. the best resolution I see now in the test channel, even when the boardcast format is 1080i... Is my guess correct I wonder?

stamina

Reaction score
Well they are still on trial, so if it's about the same as the previous DVB-T trial, the signals are normally only on either during the day, or from 6pm to 11pm.

I have an LG DvB-T2 build in TV. I tried auto tuning at 7am just now.Under DTV auto tuning, it doesnt detect any digital channel. Any idea why?

edwinz

Reaction score
Yup!! The test channels very clear.. Later got time I post from my HD media files to compare ...

Test Channel
f4hffq.jpg

1080p format in compressed media file
2m6a537.jpg

HD5(ok lah, much better than ch8 but feel it lose to test channel
e96vme.jpg

Pictures uploaded with iPhone and maybe rotated

Last edited:

edwinz

Reaction score
Folks which antennas r u using again? Cannot use the hdb aerial antenna?

I am using my 2-4 meter cable, looping it around some of sections in my window grill and touching the coaxial connector directly to the grill.
2vd1hq9.jpg

Word of warning! Mileage may vary and my location is in Pheonix/CCK. Perhaps close to signal station?

edwinz

Reaction score
I have an LG DvB-T2 build in TV. I tried auto tuning at 7am just now.Under DTV auto tuning, it doesnt detect any digital channel. Any idea why?

You got connect coaxial to over the air antenna or the windows grill like me?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

i just connect from the wall scv cable to tv lah. Is that correct?

The wall SCV cable antenna only has DVB-C signals and no DVB-T2 signals. If your DVB-T2 TV doesn't support DVB-C then it can't receive the channels.

stamina

Reaction score
The wall SCV cable antenna only has DVB-C signals and no DVB-T2 signals. If your DVB-T2 TV doesn't support DVB-C then it can't receive the channels.
Alamak. Then this dvb-t2 channels come from which source? I thought in flats, only got two source, scv wall cable and rooftop antenna cable?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Alamak. Then this dvb-t2 channels come from which source? I thought in flats, only got two source, scv wall cable and rooftop antenna cable?

DVB-T2 channels are in the air (ie wireless), so u can receive them from rooftop antenna or indoor antenna. This contrasts with DVB-C channels which are carried on StarHub's cable network.

stamina

Reaction score
So for my case, shouldnt then the tv detect automatically even though the scv cable is connected to the tv?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So for my case, shouldnt then the tv detect automatically even though the scv cable is connected to the tv?

So u have not answered the question. Does your TV support the tuning of DVB-C channels?

stamina

Reaction score
So u have not answered the question. Does your TV support the tuning of DVB-C channels?
i dnt see any mentioning of dvb-c in the online product page of my lg 47la690t.just dvb-t2. Can help me check and confirm?but it should support dvb-c too rite since i can watch scv wall cable channels now.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
okay.but how come i can watch the scv wall cable channels which u say are dvb-c? So how is my tv able to detect T2?

The SCV wall cable still has analog channels. Your TV also can tune to analog channels. So it's probable that u are tuning to analog channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.