Singapore Savings Bonds

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
High allocation becos its not even attractive. Nov rates till date alrdy more than 3% for each year..gonna break record all time high again...so who's in the right mind to put in oct ssb..lol

Reaction score
4.50-4.75% terminal rate(US) can reach. objectively now.
but the fed can be making a mistake yet again. haven't factored in the turn of events in russia. the uk fiscal side went a lil kisiao last week.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah will we see 5K allotment :(

with a much higher headline rate, i suspect far less.
Actually cannot look at it in isolation. In the past yield of other vehicle took time to catch-up. But if they catch up faster now it may just result in the allocation being higher still
whew High. so next mth put what amount?
Just apply on the last possible day how much you want. At most lose one day interest for amount not allocated. Unless you don’t mind being allocated less? Tell you put 200k if you don’t have 200k or already got some also no use.
Actually, I didn't realize there are people who whack that much into one month worth of ssb ... wonder who are those people who would allocate > 40k
why not though?
Wah, I didn’t go that high. Some big guns must be entering to max up 200k?
What do you mean didn’t?
Last round applied 20k got only 13k. This month applied 15k who know allotment is up to 42k! Perhaps people are skipping SSB and applying for T-bills. Well that's good too because those who want bigger SSB allotment can get bigger allotment. Next month SSB should be around 3.1% and hopefully the allotment can be as high as this month's.
Possible, if other vehicles also catch up or go up higher.
How much to put for next month
Just apply on the last possible day how much you want. At most lose one day interest for amount not allocated. Unless you don’t mind being allocated less? Tell you put 200k if you don’t have 200k or already got some also no use.
I doubt so. The news will plaster big big on SsB. Then grandpa n grandma also queue at banks for OCT
if other vehicles also catch up or go up higher why not
For me, 6 mths emergency cash park in SSB. Then savings meant for bonds and stocks will park in T-bills for now, since market still downward trending.
do you have any other even more emergency cash that can be touched? Cause ssb minimum wait time is a few days and max is like slightly over a month. If really emergency and need it within 1 day might not be able to use it
What is the next month estimated?
In terms of amount or rate? If latter someone posted above the link to website created
High allocation becos it’s not even attractive. Nov rates till date alrdy more than 3% for each year..gonna break record all time high again...so who's in the right mind to put in oct ssb..lol
People who doesn’t know how to estimate for oct ssb lor
Attractive but how much allocation ? 8k 9k ? :ROFLMAO:
can be much higher if other vehicles also catch up or go up higher.

moral of the story is cannot look at things in isolation

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
t-bills rate will eventually fall as the economy goes into recession... at least I locked in 2.75% for 10 years (and can still redeem with no penalty if CPF rates go up in the near future).

anything that beats CPF rate is good enough for me lol.
But if the yield falls, means the bond price goes up. Can sell in the secondary market for the difference you make.

T-bills can either hold to maturity or play with the bond price.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if the yield falls, means the bond price goes up. Can sell in the secondary market for the difference you make.

T-bills can either hold to maturity or play with the bond price.
t-bill being so short duration, doubtful the impact will be big. and the liquidity may not be that great hence the spread will be super wide. notwithstanding the commission
Based on the SSB calendar, seems like no SSB issuance for Dec 2022 ?

https://www.mas.gov.sg/bonds-and-bills/auctions-and-issuance-calendar
do you mean announcement? because there is a dec 2022 issuance but no dec 2022 announcement which is for jan 2023 issuance.

if you notice the pattern and notice the 1st line, you will realise it is meant for the 2023 calendar.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.